[PHPBB3] Facebook Integration

smoochy boys on tour

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Was hoping someone on here knows a little more about this than i do....I followed a rough guide on adding a facebook connect button to my forums. I set up the APP id and secret key properly ...but seems im getting a redirect problem.

http://www.k9safety.co.uk/forum

If you click the Facebook login , it works until you click Allow...once done, it notices you've logged in with facebook but doesn't actually work.....Any suggestions ?

im using Skinny Vinny's Facebook integration guide

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
hitting source direct on the .net address gives me a locale error, changed to .com and get further but get a certificate error
tho works after accept it
not something i can help with unfortunatly till later when i have time
i would never use that feature on any site , not having a dig at u , its always nice to give ppl options but if are a member, have a look at http://www.phpclasses.org/

or before go commiting code to a live site, install something like XAMPP on ur pc, very easy to set up a developement environment to try out new stuff , and if keep them like mirrored anything that works can just by uploaded and overwritten for much ease
im suspecting uve missed a closing } somewhere in the script

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I wanted an easy login for my users, Alot of them are rarely on the PC and can just about use facebook. Making them register more details is daunting for some...

Anyways, il relook the code to see if i've missed something out. Until then , everything else is running fine.

Thanks

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
I wanted an easy login for my users, Alot of them are rarely on the PC and can just about use facebook. Making them register more details is daunting for some...

Anyways, il relook the code to see if i've missed something out. Until then , everything else is running fine.

Thanks
is that how it should work? ppl can register on ur forum by using their facebook details?
link me to the code and i'll add to an offline phpbb3 during the day , can let u test it then yourself if want.
and with phpbb3 u can make regging as easy as possible anyway , set no confirm email , change the code entry to simple etc

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
recheck ucp_register.html
make sure the entry went below <!-- ENDIF --> and not 1 line above

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I put it below requested code

Code:
	<!-- IF L_REG_COND -->
		<dl><dd><strong>{L_REG_COND}</strong></dd></dl>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
    <dl>
      <dt></dt>
      <dd>{SVMODS_FACEBOOK_REGISTER_BUTTON}</dd>
    </dl>

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
only other thing can think of is go ACP user registration setting and set it to immediate access , at least for temporary testing

and spambot off

Last edited: