copying a websites font

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hi,

I've found a website which i love the font style of. The main text font. But i'm having a very hard time copying it and getting it to match.

I've looked through the css files and only found the following fonts,

Corbel,Helvetica,Arial,Geneva,sans-serif;

I've tried using google font for one similar. They haven't used @font-face from what i can see.

Somehow they've got the font to look really sharp, and i've no idea how they've done it.

http://www.duoh.com/

It's the main paragraph font i'm trying to copy.

Can anyone help me try to replicate it?

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
which text exactly ? buttons i think are custom based on media serif EF extra light
but dont see anything unusual elsewhere

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
like i said the main paragraphs.

"Duoh! is the brain child of Veerle Pieters and Geert Leyseele. Our focus? Brand identities, illustrations, and user interfaces with beauty and brains. CSS, (X)HTML, web standards, accessibility, and design, design, design!"

I think its corbel at 19px, however when i use that on my site it just doesn't look as crisp and easy to read as on theirs.

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
dunno , PF din text cond pro hairline looks about right , ill test later

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you sure its geneva? every app i use to find the font says its corbel. It's really the sharpness of it and character spacing that i cant match.

i've installed a chrome plugin called 'whatfont' and it tells me that its corbel 19px, but doesn't tell me any other changes they've made to it.

Unfortunately i've tried whatisfont and its just too small for it to find anything. that only works well with banners / logos.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Okay my bad, my eyesight is getting worse.

Try using "font-smooth: always" is your CSS. not sure if this works or makes any different, worth a go tho.