Free Programming Work - GRAB IT NOW!

smoochy boys on tour

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hey guys,
I am a new coder in Java just about to take my certificate qualification this summer and was looking for work experience so that's right i'm willing to code your applications for free the only difference would be is that i would need a little bit of slack as it would be my first official problem solving / programming job.

Please feel free to pm me you're ideas and we will get in touch further via email.

Many Thanks.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Look into making a HTML5 / Javascript game mate, tons of fun and experience :) ...

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Some one asked me to look into a autopatcher like 4heroes where it loads the exe but the only way i can see that working is that the exe is built into the patcher therefore i would need the exe code would i not?

Or its hidden in a deep dark file :P

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Some one asked me to look into a autopatcher like 4heroes where it loads the exe but the only way i can see that working is that the exe is built into the patcher therefore i would need the exe code would i not?

No you wouldn't ... Unless you planning to login using the laucher / autopatcher..then you'd just get it to read from a .ini file (or config file). Then you can allocate what .exe to run , ftp location etc...

You can even specify the background to the app location for custom backgrounds on the user end....

The hard part is making a sufficent way of updating using a check list.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
I think i have worked most of that out, the updating bit and for a news feed i was thinking implementing a rss because that simply involves tweaking a .xml etc... but i might give this little project a go this week, not interested in its looks at the moment just the principles working.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No

This click on .exe it loads auto patcher, then you use auto patcher to start game like official one does?

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Didn't understand what you were trying to say there sorry.

pretty sure he means like others mmo's use, autopatcher built into the launcher. ie you launch exe, it checks for new files, then has a Play/launch game button which is greyed out until it has finished checking.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
pretty sure he means like others mmo's use, autopatcher built into the launcher. ie you launch exe, it checks for new files, then has a Play/launch game button which is greyed out until it has finished checking.

Yeah, thats exactly what i mean.

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
There are some websites that are there to challenge your logical thinking and programming abilities (although these don't necessarily require any intricate implementation to resolve other than complex algorithms).

Start with http://projecteuler.net/ :)

John