Woool Source Code [V2]

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
DX v2 Server Files

Here is the new source code which Ryan found, a few things changed and fixed. I won't remove this one which i had to with the D.X source, this is pretty similar but more stable.

Because am posting this dose not mean am updating and releasing, this is just a community release so anyone can pick up and try it out for themselfs, maybe a learning purpose or just to understand woool more.

You can use the D.X files if you wish but you will need to alter a table in Evil.DB or just wait until i finished with the files for this version, am just adding bits from the D.X version, should get them done tomorrow.

Main Downloads
Download Server Files [BASE ONLY]
Download Client V1.9.9.9.8.3.3

---------- Post Merged at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Other Downloads

Download SGL Editor [Editing Client SGL Files]
Download SGL Editor Source Code C++
Download Chat Bug Fix Program [This only works on client version 1.9.9.9.8.3.3 above.]
Borland Database Engine 5.1 [Windows 7 32/64bit]

Successful Connection. Don't worry about the map errors, just castle maps.
24ypesx.jpg

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
You can download any latest's woool client and it will work, it will not work with any old clients under 1.960.

The chat bug fix will only work on client V1.9.9.9.8.3.3, this has now been removed so you can't download it anymore, i have it but it will take a week for me to upload it so am hoping others downloaded this client when i said in the D.X topic.

Oh also you might want to delete !setup.txt and re run the engine to create the default one, i was testing all the settings before i release and forgot to change.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
OK thanks, I'm setting up a virtual server so i can compile the sources as x64 doesn't like Delphi. I had that client but cant seem to find it. Probably deleted it :( ill search on the net in case its hanging about some where.

possible link:

http://sdo.download.ccgslb.net/FTP/...woool/20120626/1/woool_Setup1.9.9.9.8.3.3.exe

Oh nice, i just tried searching for it but said it was broken, they must move the client over to a different ftp once they upload a new one onto the main website.
Added to first post.

I will translate and fix problems and release the exe's for anyone who doesn't know how to setup the source, takes time though.

Last edited:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
I'm downloading client now, found it on a private woool server site I think. Speed is about 700k to 1mb on my 76mb line.

---------- Post Merged at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:32 PM ----------

12/08/2012 17:40:48 Server startup exception!!!Access violation at address 005AE23B in module 'WolServer.exe'. Read of address 0000001C

Getting this when i run your compiled exe or mine.

any ideas? I've installed chinese just in case but still showing error?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hmm, open GameCenter > 3rd tab.

Check to see if details are ok and then just click (N), keep clicking it until your prompted with a message, click OK then Yes.

Start the server up.

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
After a little playing i noticed it was written as mapdir instead of map for file map location. Changed it and its working :)

Got it to compile too :)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
After a little playing i noticed it was written as mapdir instead of map for file map location. Changed it and its working :)

Got it to compile too :)

Good Job.

Some of the default values are wrong, not sure why they been changed but i will try to set them back to normal when i get time.
I sorted out the folder routes.

If you have a problem with mounts not showing, this isn't a bug, it's just incorrect monster between source and database, i will sort that out aswell.

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
I started a little bit of menu translating which was going OK but couldn't get the server to connect to the client last night.

So I ditched the VM for now just trying to find a way to get dB commander to install on win 7 x64 with no luck.

That client looks fine though after installing it.

Sent from my Crespo using Tapatalk 2

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I started a little bit of menu translating which was going OK but couldn't get the server to connect to the client last night.

So I ditched the VM for now just trying to find a way to get dB commander to install on win 7 x64 with no luck.

That client looks fine though after installing it.

DBC is only to read databases, you don't need it to get the server started.

I been having a problem with Client version error am not sure if this is your problem but i just removed the code because the option was not working, plus it's not exactly needed because this works with pretty much every client which is available.

Code:
       // SysMsg(sClientSoftVersionError, c_Red, t_Hint);  //Reremoved
       // SysMsg(sDownLoadNewClientSoft, c_Red, t_Hint);
       // SysMsg(sForceDisConnect, c_Red, t_Hint);
       // m_boEmergencyClose := True;
       // exit;

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
OK I'll try get the server started tomorrow. I'm at work all this afternoon so haven't got much time. Thanks for the reply.

Edit:

Got it working on windows 7 x64 and compiling fine. when i have more time ill start looking into the sources :)

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Not come across any problems yet, well just mount appr but that's just because names are not matching in the database with the source.

Plan to work on quest system next when i get time, something which was broke on the d.x source.

Attachments

• 2nr1rax.jpg
    2nr1rax.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Not come across any problems yet, well just mount appr but that's just because names are not matching in the database with the source.

Plan to work on quest system next when i get time, something which was broke on the d.x source.

Nice one! Have you got group.dat cos I can't get the client to launch yet. Launcher is connecting to server now though.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Sanity mate you got better download link for client? The one posted seem to be taking LONG to download >_<.

-Ash

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Sanity mate you got better download link for client? The one posted seem to be taking LONG to download >_<.

-Ash

Afraid not. Your lucky to have that one use flash get I got around 700k to 1mb

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:14 AM ----------

DBC is only to read databases, you don't need it to get the server started.

I been having a problem with Client version error am not sure if this is your problem but i just removed the code because the option was not working, plus it's not exactly needed because this works with pretty much every client which is available.

Code:
       // SysMsg(sClientSoftVersionError, c_Red, t_Hint);  //Reremoved
       // SysMsg(sDownLoadNewClientSoft, c_Red, t_Hint);
       // SysMsg(sForceDisConnect, c_Red, t_Hint);
       // m_boEmergencyClose := True;
       // exit;
Yeah having this problem now. Which source file is that in?

Edit:

Found it in objbase :)

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Done 10 Hours or so on download... (Approx 10-24 Hours to go). Just hope "NO" intorruption with the network. :/

Q: Is client english on link in 1st post?

-Ash

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Sanity, set it up for me and i'l translate some bits / GUI ... if this is worth working on?