Anybody Familiar with WordPress?

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
hi all

The pain is back yet again with more Questions..well...

i seem to be having a problem with WordPress.. well not a problem that is effecting me much , (well what i can see anyway)
but still an error that may cause a future problem for me.

when i log in as admin and go to the controll panel of the site , at the top in " Red " is a Warning Bubble saying:

Warning! WP Super Cache caching broken! The script advanced-cache.php could not load wp-cache-phase1.php.

Please edit /hermes/bosweb/web229/b2292/ipg.mir2herostgacom/wp-content/advanced-cache.php and make sure the path to /hermes/bosweb/web229/b2292/ipg.mir2herostgacom/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase1.php is correct.

well i feel a little clueless here and do not actually no what to do here :P
i did have help, but he is now a very busy man, so now i have to try figure out what is what :/

if any body can help me on this, or even give me some pointers id appreciate it very much.

Regards
MythRohan

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
It wants you to edit /hermes/bosweb/web229/b2292/ipg.mir2herostgacom/wp-content/advanced-cache.php and make sure the path to /hermes/bosweb/web229/b2292/ipg.mir2herostgacom/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase1.php is correct.

It literally tells you what you need to do.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
go to the file in your directory it tells you to
open the file it tells you to
find the line it tells you to
check / edit the line it tells you to with the path it's given you

It's not in the wordpress CMS, just go to the actual PHP files in your wordpress folder.

Also screw wordpress, use expression engine.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
You should really at least get a basic understanding of PHP / HTML / MySQL before attempting to create or manage any sort of website, be it CMS or not.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
well 1st off i was given this site as i didnt KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING... (thanks to breezer he made site possible) now i dont have help i have to learn myself. i was asking because i didnt Understand what it was saying if when i clicked where it wanted it didnt bring anything up

jealy....

look i have to learn sumwhere and i was asking if any knew how to fix this. or help in any way...

if im not mistaken. if i do NOT ASK questions... How will one understand.
i dont really get the php and if its php i need to learn then so be it

.. ill sort this out 1 way or another

thanks anyway

Last edited:

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Open your ftp or file manager and check if

wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase1.php

Those folders and files are there. IF not good wp-super-cache and download the plugin and follow the install instructions.

OR

Go to your plugins manager in the admincp and disable Super Cache. (if this works remove and reinstall it.)

Reactions: MythRohan

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Great stuff.
Wordpress is rather cumbersome, especially if you have multiple themes available and there are alternatives out there.
That said, it's probably easier to carry on with what you have instead of recreating everything from scratch on another platform.