Mir Galaxy [Heroes] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Jadelina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2011

5576342f17b4c26m3 (1).jpg

SERVER IS NOW LIVE!

Downloads

You will need to download the full client here:

http://www.mirgalaxy.co.uk/Downloads/MirGalaxy.rar

Then download the customdata folder seperately here:

http://www.mirgalaxy.co.uk/Downloads/CustomData.rar

Then all you'll need to do is pop the CustomData folder inside the MirGalaxy folder and run the exe as administrator.

If you are still having trouble getting online or are getting errors, right click the exe and click on 'properties' Then select the 'compatibilty' tab at the top and you'll get a box which looks like this:

compa.png

Make sure you are running the exe in compatibility mode for windows XP. And you should be away.

IP : 176.255.122.46

Server Specs:

AMD fx8150 8-core
solid state hard drive
16gb corsair vengeance ddr3 ram
Current line is 2 up 40 down

Forum:

We have a forum for all bugs and suggestions:

www.mirgalaxy.co.uk/forums/

(Alternatively feel free to post anything server related here on this LOMCN advert as it will be checked regularly.)

EXP Rate:

Whilst setting up our server we tried and tested lots of different exp rates, but later decided it would be best to do our own custom rate as although this would be alot more work, it would better fit how we want the progress of the players to be.

I.e x12 exp was a good rate but we found the earlier levels too slow, but if we upped the rates the higher levels would have gone more quickly than intended. So the custom rate we have set the server too means the earlier levels are quite speedy and there are also plenty of quests in the beginning to aid this. Then as you get to around 40-50 the levelling speed slows and continues to slow the higher you get.

This will hopefully mean there wont be massive gaps between newcomers and players who have been around for a while.

Drop Rates:

Again this is something we have made the decision to do from scratch and completely custom as we have not used any of the original items so we deleted all the monitem files in the original heroes files and created our own. This was extremely time consuming but worth it.

Items:

Firstly the question everyone usually asks is in regards to paras and pros, there will NOT be paras nor pros ingame on this server. We feel they unbalance the game too much and cause too much of an advantage to wizzies and warrs in a PVP environment.

Again we have created all our items and kit from scratch so all items and mobs stats match well. Open beta will help us to ensure the items for a certain level are adequate and capable and indeed not too overpowered for the caves and mobs at that level. So although the stats on all items are completed they are of course subject to change after open beta has been carried out.

We have 2 legendary sets ingame

Justice Set - Level 45
justice.jpg

Galaxy set - Level 80
galaxy.jpg

We had wanted Legendary items class specific however heroes files made this quite difficult, as the only way we could work out how to do that was to run a script which when you put on the item in question it gave you the correct item from your class. However this meant the item upgrades would vanish everytime you put them on and the dura would be refreshed, meaning unlimited duras.

This wasnt an option as far as we were concerned but neither was having all classes in all stats. I also personally dont like the idea of them dropping class specific as the items are so rare i didnt want 5 GalaxyTaoWep ingame and none of the others! So we decided upon a system where you the get a Galaxy item drop be it a wep, brace, belt etc and they have no stats, you then take this item to the npc in town and choose your class. You can only do this once, you cannot change the class of the item once you have recieved it.

As well as this there are 6 different sets currently for each class, levelling up as they go. And a few other bits and pieces to go with it. Stones, Torches, high defense or damage kits too
Heres a few Examples:

items (1).jpg

Quests:

There are quests currently ingame every 2 levels from 0-30. Also other quests ingame elsewhere. We dont want the game to be focused around quests as i believe this makes it too easy. However adding quests was a good way to speed up the first few levels and remove the grind factor. Quests can be done solo and also in a group.

Hunting Areas:

While we have kept all the original hunting areas, as i know people like to hunt in places they already know and like, we have also added new caves and provinces so there are even more places to hunt, level and more bosses too.

There is also a quest needed to get to a certain province with 2 new caves.

Some of the new caves and provinces:

provinces.jpg

hunting areas.jpg

Bosses:

We have added lots of new bosses from both mir2 and mir3 files. Few of them shown below

bosses.jpg

Teleports:

Currently you can teleport to the older caves and provinces via an npc in BW, however you cannot teleport to newer caves as we feel this makes everything a little too easy! This hasnt been set in stone and is subject to change, but for now we feel its the best option.

Other Features of Heroes Files:

• [*=center]We have decided against adding heroes, as we feel they would unbalance the game too much. And we dont know enough about them to make them a successful addition to our server. So feel the decision to remove them was the right one.

• [*=center]We will also NOT be including mounts.

• [*=center]We are working on combo spells, they wont be available initially but will later be added as an update once we feel we have tested them enough and they wont unbalance pvp too much.

• [*=center]We have included the upgrade system to replace regular gems and orbs, as seen below:
upgrades.png

• [*=center]We will be including the stall feature from heroes files, where you can sell your items for gold or gamegold, however at present gamegold is an unused currency on this server. Subject to change.
but we also felt the trust merchant should be kept ingame also for people who just wanted to leave their items for sale and log off!

stalls.jpg

• [*=center]The Option to reload your bag and any bugged items by just pressing ALT + R to save relogging to refresh your bag.

• [*=center]The option to play in either full screen or windowed mode. You can press ALT + ENTER to change from one to another.

Gameshop:
Initially there will be no gameshop as money is not our reason for working on this server for the last 3months.
However we may later introduce a gameshop with a few items. But any items you can buy from a gameshop will also be available from drops ingame. And we WILL NOT add any regular nor legendary items to the gameshop. You will never be able to donate for items or levels on this server.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Re: [Heroes] Mir Galaxy

Looks decent, i'll download now and give this a test out

EDIT:
Couple of questions;

Is there mixed random rares / normal dropping items ingame rather than JUST rares?
Why does your ring upgrade go DOWN in MC?
3-16 down to 3-15?

P.S Decent-ish download rate for the client.
Taking me 13 minutes

Last edited:

Jadelina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2011

Hiya

The rings original stats are mc 3-15 the upgrade makes it 3-16. Think you are misunderstanding the stall screenie as upgrade perhaps?
In the stall screenshot it shows the upgraded ring i am hovering over and as an extra heroes feature it shows you the stat comparrison between the ring you are hovering over (upgraded mc 3-16) and the ring you are currently wearing (norm 3-15)

As for rares, the item sets i have shown you are ONLY the legendary sets, they will be very rare and wont expect to see them ingame initially.
In addition to this there is a starter kit you get when you make a new character to help get you started, then another multi class kit for the next few levels droppable from all mobs and bosses in earlier caves then 15 additional kits (5 for each class) every 10 levels or so, continuing all the way up to level 100. These are all already added to the game.

Hope this helps!

Labour0fLove

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2005

Cant believe I'm trying another Mir server for you lol xx Haven't been on these forums since erm I was a Gamesmaster for Pob lol xx
Looking forward to catching up with you guys xx

Last edited:

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008

is it low rate stats? if the rare ring that may not ever drop is mc3-15 im guessing its proper low rate?

Jadelina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2011

thats the lvl 45 ring, the lower legendary set :)

This is the galaxy ring stats for example:

ring.png

Wouldnt say really low stats but yea its not a super high rate server.

Last edited:

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

Looking forward to this coming online for Beta.
7;30 is dragging!

---------- Post Merged at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:16 PM ----------

You guys all prepared for beta?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Looking forward to this coming online for Beta.
7;30 is dragging!

---------- Post Merged at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:16 PM ----------

You guys all prepared for beta?

Dragging fo sho! Downloading think.. fml its gonna be noob hell when i log on.. got it down installed and its not even 7!

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

Beat you, ive had it since like 2;15PM :P
See you ingame I guess, pm Queef

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

9 Minutes to go.
Fasterrrr

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:21 PM ----------

ITS TIME.
GOGOGOGO

(Impatient face irl)

ova

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 3, 2011

srv off? don`t work.....blackscreen :(

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005

Where are you getting black screen? There are 5 people ingame atm its online

ova

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 3, 2011

i don`t download customdata soz...my bad !!

/0000

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

So far so good.

Only downside I could really be picky with is the exp is a little lower than I personally prefere.
Other than that it seems good :)

Im the only player ingame atm, GET ONLINE! ;[

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

Would be on if the "IP ADDRESS" Was at the 1st page -_-.

-Ash

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

Just download it lol

IP is : 94.6.13.135

Pm Queef ingame

Last edited:

Jadelina