New to the game

store1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2011
Hey, just about to download LoL and wondering what it's like? And if anyone could help me in terms of tips on which Champ to pick etc?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Its the best game ever :P and my tip would be to practice on 1 champion over and over again, then when u get the hang of it you can start thinking about playing other champs.
Don't buy champs, use free ones, learn about positions (ADC, Support, Top, Jungle, Mid) and pick a position you like, then buy the champs from that position that interest you and practice on them alot. Try the different builds as well, search for mobafire, best build guides i think

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
Great game tbh always lots to learn and the fact tht it like 30-60mins games makes it better as u dont have to grind all day to get lvls its a game tht fits around u, now would be a good time to join as all the builds are currently changing and people are figuring out what is the best, atm im hating ad casters as a mid but ive been taking a break from the game for a month or so.

I feel for ya tai why not make a smurfle

vitaminwater

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2008
I played it for a little while but found a lot of the people on there are immature assholes who kinda ruined the experience . They were probably little kids. That's the trouble with big mainstream games.

JadeFox

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 27, 2005
Game is 100% worth it. Even better if you play as a 5man premade for fast wins.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
100% worth it? It's a free game so yeah, I'd say so! I recently got my girlfriend playing so I'm playing a bit more nowadays.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
You proberbly played against Tai

Dafuq? I thought you'd have quit this game by now given how much you suck?

I'm on my 3rd account now, level 18 and struggling! Literally can't remember the last time I won a game.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Got gold rated in season 2 before it ended, but got given Silver 1 upon season 3 reset, so just working my way back.

I literally believe that Silver Elo is the scum of the earth, lol. So hard to carry.

Can't wait for Tai to get banned again. They're working on a different punishment system too now, where your chat gets very restricted or something along those lines.

Games great but, I have much more fun with 5man uni team premades.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Currently in gold 1 getting about +3 + 2 for games at 95 LP, it's ridiculous but hey :D and the way to get past silver is learn fiddle jungle really, those people are stuuuuuuuuuuuupid. Anyway, all the best with it koriban :)

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
im in the same postion as korbian i been stuck in silver for ages keep gettin to 2 and going back to 5 cos of trolls
i dont mind to duo'n if any1 wants to add me Grim reapa ign

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Currently in gold 1 getting about +3 + 2 for games at 95 LP, it's ridiculous but hey :D and the way to get past silver is learn fiddle jungle really, those people are stuuuuuuuuuuuupid. Anyway, all the best with it koriban :)

I kid you not when I say this, every single Fiddle jungle on my team has so far thrown the game / proven to be useless. I don't doubt he's a good jungler but... I'd much rather have a more stable jungler lol.

Silver is easy, I agree. People are retarded and throw/rage at every possible opportunity. I just pick snowball heavy champs like Akali, Leblanc and facerape people, they lose motivation, then I roam and get bot lane fed...

Been working so far when I soloqueue. But I'm also trying to help my mate get into Gold haha, so on my Smurf (Vivi) who's in silver 2 we're doing our botlane combo (I'm the Adc for our uni team) and have gotten him to silver 1 in 10 wins in a row from promotion series xD He overtook my smurf, the bastard.