AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
ace.png

Since last September we've been working on a new set of files for Mir 2 and now we're finally ready to announce them. They're by far the most advanced files ever seen in Mir running on a brand new DirectX based engine that allows the Client to run at a smooth 60 fps and an SQL based Server that allows for upgrades without having to mess around with SQL Scripts. They're designed them to be just as easy to set up and upgrade as any other non SQL based files.

The Team
In no particular order the following people make up the current AceM2 Team
Features
Dual Interface, Multi Resolution Client​
Featuring support for 3 resolutions running in both FullScreen and Windowed Mode with two interfaces, a full 'big' interface and a new mini interface if you're looking for more playable screen estate.

800x600 - Original Mir2 Resolution

1024x600 - Widescreen resolution

1024x768 - Larger Resolution - Used by Heroes files

1024x768 - Larger Resolution - Mini Interface

The Latest Mir2 Maps​
The provinces you've come to know and love upgraded with new Graphics and Animations. Mir 2 has never looked this good. The files also support Mir 3 Maps to add a huge range of New Dungeons for Players to hunt in

Scripting​
AceM2 features the most Advanced Quest System seen in Mir allowing for brand new Quests types including Timed Quests. For example kill 10 Oma's in 5 minutes. NPC Dialog is also upgraded allowing for Animations and Images in the NPC Window. The text area also scrolls allowing for longer NPC messages without having tons of next's

NPC.jpg
NPC3.jpg

NPC2.jpg

Spells​
All your favourite Wemade Mir2 Skills are here including TDB but we didn't stop there the file also including new Spells for Players to play with. Combo Skills from Heroes are in however they can now also be used as Solo Skills with proper Cooldown timers

Monsters​
All Mon AI's up to Mir 2.3 including the likes of EvilMir, CrystalSpider and Foxes are included in the files. Many more Mon AI's will be added as the files progress. We've also added touched up AI's for old Boss favourites like Woomatarus (Will TBolt) and Zumataurus (Firewall and Firebang). These AI's are optional and the originals are still available to use.

Groups​
Groups have been upgraded. You can now easily see Group Members HP/MP and set up automatic random item sharing. Adding new Group members is just a right click away as well

group2.jpg
group.jpg

Mounts​
Horses can now level up and have their own stats and equipment. Mounts are stored as an Item which you can then sell/trade/give to other players complete with Level and Equipment intact

horse.jpg
horse2.jpg

Test Server and Release Dates

So the most important bit. We'll be launching a Test Server on Saturday 27th April. The aim of this is to test the stability of the files and of course show off. Provided we don't discover any Show Stopping bugs we'll be releasing the files publicly 2 weeks after on or around May 11th. A thread for the test server will created in the next few days along with a Client download

We'll be updating this thread with more features and information in the coming days so keep checking back.

Update - 15/04/2013
A few people were requesting shots of the new Dungeon Objects available so Tyraes and Hazuki whipped a few up.

You can find the rest here

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its a pity they left all the character looks and armours after they went to see much trouble to update the map

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Awesome work, might aswell put in the archer class ^^

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
We have been working quite hard on this set of files for some time now and I personally am very pleased with the progress and I think we have a very very strong team... In my opinion, if the community was ever going to work on a set of files that would dominate the rest (including any of the Chinese set of files) these are them (just my opinion).

I think as a team we would like to rule out any show stopping and even minute defeats, and the test servers will be a great opportunity to discover any of the said defects; so please do show an interest in the test server... You will be doing us and the community a real favor :).

PS. I may have had a celebratory drink about this :).

Samuel

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom27 and Alecs

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Very interesting indeed.
Are the different resolutions auto selected by the game reading what monitor/graphics is being used ?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Very interesting indeed.
Are the different resolutions auto selected by the game reading what monitor/graphics is being used ?

No, one thing we learnt from Heroes is that some people want to continue playing Mir at 800x600 blown up on their large resolution screens. So Resolution/Interface choice can be set in the ini or the F12 Options menu ingame (Though a restart is required for changes to take effect). I'm a big fan of the Widescreen resolution personally. Looks really good ingame.

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Great news, can't wait to test these out!
And when you say release, I hope you mean just exe's and NOT the source.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Great news, can't wait to test these out!
And when you say release, I hope you mean just exe's and NOT the source.

Same deal that we had with Heroes, exe releases until we're done with the Project and no one is actively working on the Code. At that point myself or another team member will release the code for others to use.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Very promising, how much is stored in sql ? is pretty much everything like maps, coods, characters etc like 2.3 ? be good if so.

I'll be more than happy to play and test the test server.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Very promising, how much is stored in sql ? is pretty much everything like maps, coods, characters etc like 2.3 ? be good if so.

I'll be more than happy to play and test the test server.

At the moment just Item,Magic,Monsters,Admin from M2Server are in SQL. I'm not a huge fan of storing other data in SQL as it makes it more difficult to add content. I just personally don't see the benefit in storing things like NPC, Merchant etc in SQL.
Also both Accounts from LoginSrv and Characters from DBSrv are stored fully in SQL.

For Login Servers can choose from Web based Account Creation or normal Client based creation.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
At the moment just Item,Magic,Monsters,Admin from M2Server are in SQL. I'm not a huge fan of storing other data in SQL as it makes it more difficult to add content. I just personally don't see the benefit in storing things like NPC, Merchant etc in SQL.
Also both Accounts from LoginSrv and Characters from DBSrv are stored fully in SQL.

For Login Servers can choose from Web based Account Creation or normal Client based creation.
Mongen especially was a pain when used in SQL rather than a simple txt file.