[NEW] Master YI

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Anyways I've never had more then 3 to 5 kills with this **** class!! But not since the new updated YI It's been F*cking awesome... Sorry for the bad language but it's improved tons..

Good Game [25k/15D] - 23.5k Gold (Wasn't sure what to get.. That's how rich I was). By the way I must be one of the worst people on this game.. But this game proves that I'm getting better?? :P

-Ash

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
I guess the real test is how viable he will be in Summoners Rift Ranked play.

I'm not much of a Yi fan (Only time I play him is If I get him in ARAM)

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Believe it or not the old Yi was actually better :p Not played revamped Yi yet but saw Snoopeh fail hard playing it!

Wp tho :D

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Another wonderful game as Master YI.. To bad they "Surrender".. Else it would of been 30+ with the stuff I had.. Also 2 deaths wear from turrets.

Turret 1, Killed someone and turret was hitting Allie and I was on 1 shot kill.. So Allie ran to far and turret decided to hit me -.-

Turret 2, I killed a person while in the turret reach.. And decided to try kill the other person while the turret was hitting me.. Was a Fail but funny how I almost killed 2 while the turret was hitting me.

Good Game!

-Ash

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
on 5 v 5 was 2/2/1.. Wasn't on for long.. One of them felt like a KS but my Allie died and I took the last hits lol.

-Ash

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Off topic, is there any1 on EUNE that is looking for a 5vs5 ranked team? me and my irl friends are -1, would love a solo top or mid

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
^ sorry, EUW here.

As for the new Yi, he looked broken on paper and is broken. Here's the issue, it's not because his Q can crit, it's not because he can reset that, it's not because he does true damage blahblah. All of that is great, sure. Here's something interesting in case anyone was wondering why Yi is so strong right now.

Here's the problem: You can't itemize vs current Yi. When he activates highlander he's immune to all slows. Now you usually 100% want to buy a frozen heart/ randuins to counter a.speed champs right?

Randuins usually being the one that's most preferred because it can be built on no-mana champs and is slightly more cost effective to build. So you buy a wardens mail, and now every time yi hits you, he gets his a.speed reduced. This is great.

Now you'd think you'd want Randuins (the upgrade) ... well, no you don't against Yi, because the a.speed slow DOESN'T WORK against him due to his highlander.

Unique Passive – Cold Steel: When hit by basic attacks, reduces the attacker's attack speed by 15% and movement speed by 10% for 1 seconds.

That's Randuins passive. It now also reduces movementspeed, but it applies both of these together, NOT separately. So buying a randuins is actually doing nothing to prevent Master yi's super a.speed crit damage resets because in Highlander, he ignores all slows(and thus, a.speed slows). It just gives you the stats it shows and the active ... which is also useless vs yi.

It's one big noobtrap. You're forced to buy a frozen heart (literally the only item in the game to stop a highlander yi's a.speed unless you want to stick with a wardens mail all game) to stop yi atm and most junglers aren't optimally built for one as are most top laners.

So what else is useless against yi because it applies a slow AND a.speed reduction at same time? Nasus's wither, Nunu's iceball/ult, Lee's Cripple, Anivia's ult, Darius cripple strike...

The ONLY 2 champions in the game that can reduce Master Yi's attack speed, are Malphite and Gragas (barrel roll) because they're just A.speed slows, not a.speed + movement speed slows.

So, before the next patch nerfs come (he's being nerfed!) start abusing him now lol.

FROZEN5

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2013
I just started playing this a few days ago... Any tips on how to defeat Darius with Yi? I seem to have a lot of trouble with him. Other than that I seem to be doing pretty good.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Hmm Darius, Jax, Teemo are the ones yi should struggle with, yi's currently bugged and his doublestrike is still hitting regardless so when that gets fixed he should struggle against these line-ups properly. There are counters to heroes, no one hero can beat everything trust that :)

/Zelda

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Hmm Darius, Jax, Teemo are the ones yi should struggle with, yi's currently bugged and his doublestrike is still hitting regardless so when that gets fixed he should struggle against these line-ups properly. There are counters to heroes, no one hero can beat everything trust that :)

/Zelda

Pre-Nerfs Irelia disagrees :(

Darius vs Yi is a tough matchup. Darius is a god at 1v1's in general so trading with him is usually a bad idea. Simply farming safely with your Q's and not dying to him = winning the lane in that aspect. Because later on you can get the "yisets" and pretty much single handedly (at the moment any way) take out their team lol.

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
yi is easy to beat u got to remember he is immune to slow but not stuns and roots so once u lock him down hes pretty easy to kill cos he very squishy, every1 over estimates him he's weak sauce once u pin him u just gotta have some decent stuns on ur team to stop him hes like a tryn in tht respect. Saying tht yi vs tryn yi loses every time cos when tryn is 6 no matter if highlander is on tryn ulti is better and tryn does way more damage, thts in 1vs1 terms tbh.