[Release] Tyraes Map Pack

smoochy boys on tour

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
[Release] Map Pack - Towns

So I've been mapping a lot recently and I stumbled across some of the old maps that were used for SijoMiR v1 back in Decemember 2011 so I thought I may aswell release these maps as they are no use to me now. I spent a lot of time on each of these maps adding detail everywhere so they are top quality maps. Each one took around two/three days.

These maps were originally designed for starting area's for each of the four classes and were designed to have quest areas and hidden villages or outposts within the large forests.

If anyone decides to use these maps then hopefully you'll be kind enough to give me some reputation or credit for my work as this would be appreciated.

In my release I include:

• Four detailed provinces
  • Inside maps for the buildings on each province
  • A coordinate/map move text file for each province listing each door coordinate
  • Big map and minimap files
  • Fully functional maps
In the zip file you will find four folders each containing a different map pack for you guys to use for whatever you like. I hope you guys enjoy these maps.

Download
or Mirror: HERE

Here's some preview pictures of what you'll be downloading. The names of the maps are the folders they are in:

Sin_Town:

Tao_Town:

War_Town:

Wiz_Town:

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
very nice maps.
I won't use these but still +Rep for the good work and release ;D

Reactions: Sanjian

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
What prog do you use to create them ?
I have several different editors from here that are supposed to do the job but they're all buggy.
Only one has a delete facility and that's older than the one I'm supposed to use for Ruby.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
When I made these I used shortys map editor along with the 1.4 map editor (I believe) for deleting objects. They are both buggy in their ways but you need to know how to map around these issues.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
When I made these I used shortys map editor along with the 1.4 map editor (I believe) for deleting objects. They are both buggy in their ways but you need to know how to map around these issues.

Spent many, many hours trying all sorts lol.

Your maps here are very nice, thanks for sharing.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Nice, hope you enjoy it. If I find any more old maps I'll probably release them.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Well it might sound strange me saying this but it's one of those things where you are either good naturally or you are poor. It's like an art. You just need to right mind for it. You may however improve with practice which is usually the case if people spend a lot of time mapping.

My only advice would be to:
  • Be patient with your work and take your time to correct things to make certain points stand out.
  • Use matching objects and tiles for whatever map you are doing.
  • With every object you place think about how that object will effect the map with its placement.
  • Make sure attributes are correctly done so people cannot exploit on the map or go where you shouldn't be able to.
  • Make sure you place fine detail in small and large areas to really make the map stand out.
Generally just take your time. I've had maps take me over 2 weeks to complete.

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Says "This file can only be downloaded with speedyshare premium." when i try to download it. =/

asukaztc

LOMCN Leecher
May 10, 2014
China
These maps are amaing, than you for sharing!
but downlod link seems to become invalid T_T, I really like these
Could you please release agiain?

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Thanks man :) Been on the hunt for cool new maps Tried to make my own but the buggy editors just annoy me :/

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Thanks man :) Been on the hunt for cool new maps Tried to make my own but the buggy editors just annoy me :/

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:32 PM ----------

These maps are amaing, than you for sharing!
but downlod link seems to become invalid T_T, I really like these
Could you please release agiain?

Scroll down from the main post and someone has posted a mirror :)