Hiring: Interface Work

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I'm looking to hire someone for the interface. I am willing to pay for job completion.

Looking at a complete in game interface remake OR partial remake (for Legend of Mir 2).

If this is something you can do contact me and we can discuss the details of the work, time-scale and cost.

Jamie

---- Copied from C# Mir Section.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
you should contact with Churchill he's the ****ing boss with pics ;)
Not sure about creating interface's, he is good at sorting already made server images into .WIL's and .WIX for server use.

which files are the interface files?
The interface files are things like:
The big block at the bottom with buttons, chatbox, hp, mp etc.
NPC dialogue windows (Normal boxes, trust merchant boxes etc)
Character screen, bag and so on.

Here is an example picked off google E.g. Bag on left, Char screen on right, menu bar at bottom :)
2lu6iky.jpg

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
i mean, which .wil file contains the interface images?

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:45 PM ----------

also, upload the interface .wil files somewhere if possible

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Jamie doesn't use .WIL/.WIX files he is using .LIB if i remember correctly and I don't know which file will have the images and how you can access them. Your most likely better off pming him.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I don't think this is going to work...

Certainly I kept the information limited, but that was my intention to whittle out those who don't fit the bill. I simply asked for someone who has the potential skill in creating and or modifying and existing Interface. It shouldn't matter what format the Image libraries are because they won't be working with them in anyway. Depending on the skill of the applicant and their quote (Price / Timescale) depends on how I proceed.

I will be working closely with them outlining my requirements, I will be giving detailed instructions on what / where I need something changed or added, I will also provide them with what they need (image wise - if any). I'm not looking for someone to rename simple text on a button.

Maybe I've gone about this all wrong?

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Do you have colour schemes and designs in mind already or is that down to the person(s) too ?

I personally like minimal onscreen graphics.
Lineage 2 allowed you to move all windows anywhere and minimize/close any you didn't need or want. All resettable of course.
It also used clickable icons in the equivalent of our belts instead of all the letter keypresses.

If you have more than one screen resolution in mind, will this require additional images to suit ?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Do you have colour schemes and designs in mind already or is that down to the person(s) too ?

I personally like minimal onscreen graphics.
Lineage 2 allowed you to move all windows anywhere and minimize/close any you didn't need or want. All resettable of course.
It also used clickable icons in the equivalent of our belts instead of all the letter keypresses.

If you have more than one screen resolution in mind, will this require additional images to suit ?

Colour scheme would be down to the indiviual, so long as its not bright and fluffy (keeping some sense of suitability to Mir.)

I want the interface Modular, rather then 1 Big bar across the bottom like we have now it would be sections that the users can move around the screen to match how they feel, this then will support multiple resolutions and increasing functionality.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I've designed a few of these, i even have an AION lookalike interface that i've compiled ready for mir use. I just have to complete the windows (ofwhich require a smidge of coding), give me a shout if you want to take a look. I've got 2 complete remakes (about 80 and 90 % complete) and about 3 edited versions (like the JX interface from apple).

L8az

P.S - My AION interface replica is modular (since thats what aion does).

I also edited the interface that TheDayIDie posted

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Maybe I've gone about this all wrong?

Not really but I don't think there's anyone on this forum any more who is any good with graphics or Photoshop. Creating a quality interface (whole) is a big job not to be underestimated.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I use Fireworks 8, the last Macromedia effort before Adobe got their hands on it. Seems to work well for my edits.
It's a bit hard using it to find edges etc. if they're not too well defined but, apart from that, it does for me.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Maybe try the Ragezone graphics section?? Larger user base than here and they most likely play other private servers so can help you implement some good ideas.