Mir 3 Server new for 2014! Storm3G

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

khnum

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2006
I dont like the idea of opening a server saying it will be ready at the end of this month or whatever he said and still in game there is sting this and sting that??? seems abit strange to me, the new account also gives away that maybe this person has had a server before that has failed?

---------- Post Merged at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Are you stupid? Sting would have no reason to create a new account, his server was on for many years and now he has released his files after closing the server. http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?81167-Sting3G-Server-Files-Here-For-Download
Where did i state it was sting making the new account? i said it may explain the new account because he's using sting files? which i then later stated thats because he might have had a failed server and now is trying again with different files.. ?

Kazababy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2007
hi, i have downloaded all the files in the first post and the updated files in the second post. im getting either an error message or a black screen when i start the client. Could someone let me know if the server is online and if so what am i doing wrong?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
you know somethings dodgy when he avoids questions. the item name could be a left over from the sting server files he seems to be using.

can an mod or admin have a look at who this is? and why dont we have a rule about making new accounts to post server adverts

Lol @ this, i would have said this like a year ago but you dont have other servers to go to so stop being picky and bitchy. Play it or dont play.

Sent via mobile Tapatalk

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Lol @ this, i would have said this like a year ago but you dont have other servers to go to so stop being picky and bitchy. Play it or dont play.

Sent via mobile Tapatalk
but yet i wont be the one crying when he shuts the server down soon as some on donates big. am not bing picky am just asking questions which hes avoiding

Potnoodle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
joe you dont have a clue who is behind the server so you cant exactly say it will close after a big donation from what i have heard its 2 new guys working on a server with help from someone else with experience with files people are entitled to start a new account if they wish with the sole purpose to be about their server just since the spanish fked all the trust people have major issues about them if i was to learn files and make a server that was intended to be online i would make a new account aswell that way this 1 wouldnt be spammed with pm's and **** but as of atm im only interested in making a med rate server for family and friends to play

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
joe you dont have a clue who is behind the server so you cant exactly say it will close after a big donation from what i have heard its 2 new guys working on a server with help from someone else with experience with files people are entitled to start a new account if they wish with the sole purpose to be about their server just since the spanish fked all the trust people have major issues about them if i was to learn files and make a server that was intended to be online i would make a new account aswell that way this 1 wouldnt be spammed with pm's and **** but as of atm im only interested in making a med rate server for family and friends to play

how ****ing high are u ??? ur right i dont have a clue whos behind it and nobody else dose thats the problem. 6 months ago every one was crying out for mods to stop people making new accounts to post there servers on.

if they are 2 new guys then what do they have to hide by not using there real username. ever one whos made a new account in the last year to post a server has failed and failed hard most lasting less than 2 months. its not just the spanish that did this i know of at least 3 english servers who tryed to pull this **** and then had the balls to "relaunch" again.

Potnoodle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
well tbh you are the only 1 with the problem and have you even tried the server? prob not so you are here spamming the server post with pointless and useless crap has the server even mentioned anything about a donation list yet? no instead you would rather throw a little tantrum and try label every new account with the same brush mir3 is dying out with less and less long term servers being made but tbh its not surprising when people that prob dont even play mir3 properly anymore try to cause crap for the people making them lol...

good luck to the Storm team from what ive seen and heard all sounds good dont let this raging guy put you off from what you are doing :)

Last edited:

mirstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2014
Thanks potnoodle appreciate your goodluck post.

The reson we are staying anonymous is simpily because other servers have lost trust in people because they are corrupt where a gm knows ppl ingame or whatever, a couple of us did play the original games but kept ourselves to ourselves and didnt really play in guilds. Anyone that does know us (even though weve lost contact over the years) do not know we are making a server. We decided that if no one knows us then the server is not branded corrupt. We also have never made a server before this is our first and we are in it for the long run. If some people are worried about someone here for a big donation and then runnning then this is not true, firstly we have not even decided what donation costs are and secondly if you came into game and looked at the time and effort we are putting into server youd change your opinion. Unfortunatly people always have opinions (which they are welcome to) but most of our beta testers would propbably disagree with you here. The posts from us on lomcm will only be updates about the server from now on, please also join our facebook group for more info. Thanks again to our beta testers for your help. 27 testers in game sunday night at one point.

Heres the new updated client link - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6tl84zfEhHTNF9nU1g2S2pfaFU/edit?usp=drive_web

Heres the updated maps/caves - http://www.mediafire.com/download/war1z2w6x0kbfpe/Mini Maps with Doors.rar

Please note as we are continually adding new bits to server you will need to update again soon, for up to date news from the server join the mir storm facebook group. 325+ members so far with alot of interest and good comments about what weve done so far.

The server is currently closed for maintenance and should be up before 8pm GMT tonight

Kind Regards

Mir Storm3G team

Last edited:

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
The reson we are staying anonymous is simpily because other servers have lost trust in people because they are corrupt where a gm knows ppl ingame or whatever

Are u ****ing kidding me........... That is the whole point of knowing who a server owner is. purely based on opinions and facts. every server thats made a new account and tried to hide who they are has failed and failed fast

you are obviously trying to hide some thing.

and potnoodle yes i put in a good 5 hours before getting bored **** less at the lack effort in the server. i have said it before i bring this up because nobody else will/dose. yes i have been wrong and i hold my hands up and will do the same here IF i am wrong.

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
you seem like a doosh joedunn if you dont like the server why u posting in this chat just go some place else

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
you seem like a doosh joedunn if you dont like the server why u posting in this chat just go some place else

because i can....

sorry for caring more about the state of mir 3 than most admins and all this sections mods. just think they could be anybody looking to make a quick bit of cash and the state (its basic) of the server. and the laziness of only logging in once or twice a week is screaming thats its a gonna be dodgy. like i said if its not some one with a bad past ill hold my hands up. but untill then making a new account is just a quick work around for a bad rep

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Are u ****ing kidding me........... That is the whole point of knowing who a server owner is. purely based on opinions and facts. every server thats made a new account and tried to hide who they are has failed and failed fast

you are obviously trying to hide some thing.

and potnoodle yes i put in a good 5 hours before getting bored **** less at the lack effort in the server. i have said it before i bring this up because nobody else will/dose. yes i have been wrong and i hold my hands up and will do the same here IF i am wrong.

Don't worry everybody, its just Joe hes a freaking douche bag. Your points are invalid and at the end of the day i used to play as a character on TGA (which was NOT corrupt), i also hid myself (GM Breezer, Ginz and player was called something else "i wont say").

I mearly done this so i could enjoy the game and see it from a players view without anyone nagging me. Really that simple.

Reactions: aboodman

future123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2012
good luck on server guys , just a few points that might help .

1) don't release to quick !! the files you are using you got from the 8th November.( sting made available ) Make sure you remove all things from sting
2) Regardless how you try to get it like official this will not work . Official was official and people have played lots of servers since and times have changed. No one would enjoy official that much now as in this day and age it would be to long a grind to have the patience to level up.
3) players will moan and some will enjoy and you will never get the balance right for all 3 classes so stick to your mission
4) try to get it on a dedicated server or a dedicated line . Your home internet will keep causing you issues . Even if it is a unlimited broadband or fibre, due to the bandwidth you will be using it will go down from time to time .
5) If you are going to have ********s make sure you leave in Paypal in case you get any refunds . If the game does crash and you close then they are entitled to the money back regardless of people saying otherwise .

Good luck . I will download and give it a go .

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
If you have used Sting's files, give me a shout about a couple of errors that could do with being removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.