[CD3.55] Map editing - remove barriers

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Hi, can anyone help me with maps edit?

I removed some object and barriers with IllusionMapEditor..
New maps replaced in mud3 on server site and in my folder maps in client.

Object are removed but the barriers are still in the game. I tried two diferrents map editors: IllusionMapEditorV701_Alpha and King Map Editor. In both: barriers are removed.

What I must do to completely remove barriers from map?
Thanks

Last edited:

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Quite simple,
1. Any blocker you wish to remove from the maps must be RED (Can't Move and Fly)
2. On far left side 5th option down you want to click BLOCK
3. On far right side 2nd option down Object View Mode>View Options check the SHOW BLOCKER box
4. On far right side 4th option down Blocker Option>Select Blocker Type>Delete Blocker
5. Delete as you wish

Hope this helped
If you need more help PM me

Reactions: SoulForge
Upvote 0

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Aye i bet it did lol but good info regardless :), Should be posted in Coly's map editor post really so others can find info also but o well. :)

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Was thinking same thing and have just looked but I don't use his upto date versions,
I'm still using the 6.5 version so not 100% sure if is same features now.

Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Quite simple,
1. Any blocker you wish to remove from the maps must be RED (Can't Move and Fly)
2. On far left side 5th option down you want to click BLOCK
3. On far right side 2nd option down Object View Mode>View Options check the SHOW BLOCKER box
4. On far right side 4th option down Blocker Option>Select Blocker Type>Delete Blocker
5. Delete as you wish

Hope this helped
If you need more help PM me

Thx for the reply m8.

But I'm not sure if I understood :/

The barrier that I want to delete I must mark as "red" and then delete it?

On the map when i want to edit - the barier was yellow - I have delete the yellow barier (the same way you described at 2-5 point) but I don't mark any yellow barrier as red - this is my mistake? If not - after I delete the yellow barriers, the barriers are still in game :(

Step by step what I must to do:
1. Mark yellow barier as red
2. Delete red barriers
?

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Yes correct, you cannot delete a yellow blocker it has to be red
also remember this same map you have edited must be in both the client you play and the server to read the barrier has been removed.

hope that clears it up for up bud good luck

Upvote 0

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
You can delete a yellow barrier because i do it often, you just need to make sure you have the "Delete Blocker" option selected in the "BLOCKER OPTIONS" section on bottom right and that you have clicked "BLOCK" on the tools bar on top right and then just delete as u like.

Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Thx.

SoulForge: I know that I can delete the yellow barriers - I did it, but without result :( (on the editor I don't have any barriers, but still in the game)

I will try the Churchill method - to add red barriers (on the deleted yellow) and then delete the red barriers, save the map -> chande in the Klient and the server site -> reload server.

Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
On the top of the aplication - I did not use "edit"... I used "x" (remove object) - this is my problem I think.

Now I remove barrier with (on the top) "edit" and (on the right) Blocker Option -> Select Blocker Type -> Delete Blocker.

I think it will work (I will test soon). Sorry for my mistake.

Upvote 0

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
If it dont work send me the map file and a screenshot of which blockers u want removing and ill do it for you Janocha, Always happy to help :)

Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Thanks for help.
Everything is working fine now :)

Regards

Wysłane z mojego GT-S7560 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Upvote 0