[Request] Mir logo / icons

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've seen some people doing some nice mir art here. I'm in need of some mir graphics doing.

It needs to be 60 x 60 (larger versions welcome but needs to scale evenly to this), and ideally will just be the outline / simple graphic of a popular mob or iconic mir item (the outline needs to be recognizable to the actual mob).

Similar to the lomcn logo thats just a zuma outline. Just needs to simple, but stylish as it'll always be public facing.

This graphic will be scaled down to 30 x 30 also (as a logo next to text) so it'll only be small, no high detail required.

It'll be going on a white background for the logo, but should also be able to work on dark backgrounds.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I had a go just something to do to pass time and have a break from course work.

What you think? - colours can be changed if others prefered. My graphic skills aren't great so don't expect anything amazing, i might be able to do a couple of changes but nothing professional ^^

u9q2.png

ezer.png

aoas.png

cpnu.png

16nr.png

ftaq.png

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i like the ideas, but need them without the square background if possible. so its only the mob. the drop shadow isn't needed really, just needs to be simple so it can fit anywhere. i like the archer and dragon statue one out of those.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Need the outline and/or drop shadow effect on them to make them stand out. Especially with the archer because of the thin bow, legs and arms in which are hard to see without the outline.

d4gs.png

ksfh.png

Edit: think drop shadow or something needs removing on the dragon but i'm going to bed now. Let me know what you think, if you want a different colour let me know.

Last edited:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
can i be nosy and ask why? :)

anyway it's quite a quick thing to do..

if you do the work on a vectorial program instead of photoshop you will have a scalable version with no loss.. for example illustrator is a good choice

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i'm working on a web interface for c#, just a little hobby project for now - don't intend to connect it to the server yet.

2014-03-09 10_34_01-Scale _ Web Application.png

As you can see that stock logo is abit meh, so want something to sit there instead.

Also a bigger version of the logo will be on the login screen.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I'l sort you something out later mate, TheDayIDie you need to use something other than Stroke...otherwise you'l have a terrible outline. Personally i use dropshadow and inner shadow (angled right and it looks just as good without the crummy lines)

Reactions: TheDayIDie

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I'l sort you something out later mate, TheDayIDie you need to use something other than Stroke...otherwise you'l have a terrible outline. Personally i use dropshadow and inner shadow (angled right and it looks just as good without the crummy lines)

Oh ok thanks, i'll take that onboard in the future. As you can tell i'm a rubbish graphic creator / editor.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Oh ok thanks, i'll take that onboard in the future. As you can tell i'm a rubbish graphic creator / editor.

Your actually really good, another tip is if you are using Stroke...try the Inner, Centre option... you may find it works out better. Also to make it look transparent but with an outline you can change the Fill Opacity and leave the Overall Opacity (leaves just the stroke, but not the fill).

I did make a few logos using ZumaGuardian , EvilCentipede and DarkDevil BUT my Photoshop keeps closing down (time to format i think)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
fantastic job. came out a lot better than I expected.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk