Ruby M2Server Help

smoochy boys on tour

paveysi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2008
Hey guys

I've been looking and looking, and retired following the steps of the RBY01 - Installation Guide.pdf and I've even swapped to another computer and SQL version but i get to exactly the same point on each attempt.

Any ideas on why my M2Server gets to loading the StdItem.DB has an exception and notifies me that the gate is not ready?
I've searched the forum and followed advice on similar issues but to no avail

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• M2Server StdItem Error.png
    M2Server StdItem Error.png
    506.4 KB · Views: 82

paveysi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for the link mate, I had previously read a post which detailed about the SQL directory, which i copied and pasted from the login window of SQL (SIMONSZENBOOK\SQLEXPRESS) which had no change, I've tried both my local IP addresses (127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.2) neither IPs or Server directory seem to work in the !DBSetup.txt and !DBSql.txt

I guessed it may be a SQL server issue which I'm struggling to spot, and I'm not sure what you mean when you say ... "make sure your LOM2Res/RES_STDITEMS table is ready and available."

How would i check the table is ready and available please?

Upvote 0

paveysi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2008
I sure can, I've checked through the LOM2Res databases and i can see STD items clearly, I'm viewing the top 200 lines and don't seem to find any issues

---------- Post Merged on 26-03-2014 at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 23-03-2014 at 10:37 AM ----------

BUMP
Any ideas please peeps?

Attachments

• M2Server StdItem SQL.png
    M2Server StdItem SQL.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0

paveysi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2008
Come back to this recently and I'm still stumped =(

Any further ideas please guys?

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I think you're using an older item table that lacks all the columns required in the final release.
I see two errors and recreated them both on my test server.
Solving one will enable you to solve the other.

Visit this thread and make sure you follow the piece about adding fields in the first post by lilcool'.

SQL Dabases:
LOM2Res/RES_STDITEMS, Add Fields:

NEEDJOB - data type: int
VIEWNAME - data type: nvarchar(28)
DESCRIPTION - data type: nvarchar(100)

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthre...ate-20-10-2012&p=868946&viewfull=1#post868946

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:00 AM ----------

The second error is lack of ritem.dat which you can create when your item db loads properly.
If all this fails it might be that you're not using the latest exes.

Upvote 0