Not open for further replies.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Hi all,

On behalf of LOMCN and the Chronicles team, I would just like to remind you all of our rules regarding the release of other peoples work without their permission.

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?37278-LOMCN-Global-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines

Other: 'OWNERS RIGHTS'
LOMCN aims to protect and serve developers
LOMCN is happy to restrain the circulation of a creation on the developers request
LOMCN will assist in reacting to unauthorized copies of developments.

As most of you will know, someone managed to hack the Chronicles server and gain access to everything including user data. We believe these files are now starting to circulate without permission from the Chronicles Development team. Therefore until we hear otherwise from the Chronicles team, we will ban any user who posts links to these files and also ask that users don't post threads asking for links to these files.

Any servers that are found to be using these files will NOT be allowed to advertise on LOMCN.

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Let's just change LOMCN to LOMCS as every post is about chronicles

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Let's just change LOMCN to LOMCS as every post is about chronicles

In a way, yes a lot of our traffic is now due to Chronicles. But that's a good thing. LOMCN have helped members of the Chronicles team in the past and they wanted to help out by bringing more players back to our community.

It can only be a good thing for LOMCN in my eyes.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
In a way, yes a lot of our traffic is now due to Chronicles. But that's a good thing. LOMCN have helped members of the Chronicles team in the past and they wanted to help out by bringing more players back to our community.

It can only be a good thing for LOMCN in my eyes.

Honestly I'd invite Sam to release the ace files since the addition of his gimped archer and assassin haven't really done much good anyways.
and at the time the files weren't 100% his anyways

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Honestly I'd invite Sam to release the ace files since the addition of his gimped archer and assassin haven't really done much good anyways.
and at the time the files weren't 100% his anyways
These are the rules we've always followed.

Even if it's a simple server using a set of files that have been released (let's use 2.3 files as an example) with a few new caves, items and mons added. if someone releases them without the owners permission, we don't allow it.

The release is up to Samuel and co, not us.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Does this apply to the WEMADE 1.4 FILES?

Also i didnt see this thread and i already made a thread. but cmon Skyline, we have to live in reality...

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Does this apply to WEMADE Client Data?

Do you apply this when you download MP3s from utorrent? Or that **** new 300 movie?

Cmon Skyline, come back to reality.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
Does this apply to the WEMADE 1.4 FILES?

Also i didnt see this thread and i already made a thread. but cmon Skyline, we have to live in reality...

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Does this apply to WEMADE Client Data?

Do you apply this when you download MP3s from utorrent? Or that **** new 300 movie?

Cmon Skyline, come back to reality.

Hes just protecting his server he's playing :d

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
They are protecting traffic.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself:
"We should respect intellectual property rights"
Then go to your download folder and look at the reality of who you are vs who you are saying you are.

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I actually very rarely play.

I'm simply just reminding our users of the rules that have been in place for years.

Why didnt these rules apply to WEMADE Client data?
Why didnt these rules apply to 1.4 Servers?

just tell the truth, your protecting yourself, "there is no stance except self preservation "

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
I actually very rarely play.

I'm simply just reminding our users of the rules that have been in place for years.

Just a little hint , start deleting every single server here cause every single one of them is a copyright infringement.
All the frames were made by wemade and not by anyone else items? Wemade , skills? Wemade,monsters? Wemade well then you can keep going even using frames from another game is prohibited doing your own development on others their files doesn't make it yours even rewriting a game doesn't make it yours the source is yours but the visual part is still property of Wemade .

Busy next couple of days for you I guess

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
They are protecting traffic.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself:
"We should respect intellectual property rights"
Then go to your download folder and look at the reality of who you are vs who you are saying you are.

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Why didnt these rules apply to WEMADE Client data?
Why didnt these rules apply to 1.4 Servers?

just tell the truth, your protecting yourself, "there is no stance except self preservation "
I agree to this -
Considering every mir server on here is some kind of rip from the official meaning that we can't use any of the server files on here because they are stolen? Even the ACEm2 files were stolen from another source and even the images they are using are stolen.

Anyway I don't care about these files, they will fall down soon. C# development all the way.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
We're protecting members of our community, not copyright.

Download what ever you like, we will continue to protect members of our community (Like Chronicles members).

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:43 PM ----------

These are LOMCN rules which have been in place for years and not open for discussion. PM me if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.