Not open for further replies.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Might as well delete the section then? lmao

Although I guess if your on every 2-3 days you can check there if there is some activity for adverts etc.
The only problem is not having someone who knows alot regarding the Kings3G files and Holley 3.55.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Might as well delete the section then? lmao

Although I guess if your on every 2-3 days you can check there if there is some activity for adverts etc.
The only problem is not having someone who knows alot regarding the Kings3G files and Holley 3.55.
You don't need a mod to know what the files are or what they do, the point of a community is too help each other out, a mod is just there to make sure things are running accordingly.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
You don't need a mod to know what the files are or what they do, the point of a community is too help each other out, a mod is just there to make sure things are running accordingly.

Well a moderator should have general knowledge on the section they are supervising otherwise what's the point of having a moderator for the mir2/mir3 section. He might as well be searching for a 'general' moderator to monitor all the threads. Your right a moderator does not need to know about the section but if they don't they are less likely to view that section.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Well a moderator should have general knowledge on the section they are supervising otherwise what's the point of having a moderator for the mir2/mir3 section. He might as well be searching for a 'general' moderator to monitor all the threads. Your right a moderator does not need to know about the section but if they don't they are less likely to view that section.
Not really, as I'm a GM on a popular Browser based MMO and actually only know what I need to know about the game in order to do the job that I do. A moderator is only there to oversee the section, make sure people are abiding by rules and help out as and when required in other sections and on the site.

The Mir 3 section all ready has two people who know the files, so really they should be your point of call for all server help and not the moderator.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
This is a much larger forum than your one browser based MMO forum. The point of a moderator on a forum like this is to oversee the section like as if they an admin of that section. The whole point of it being branded 'moderator' is because Tai doesn't want 20 different forum admin's who he can't trust access all of the settings.

Yes this forum is a 'community' forum in which everyone should help everyone but as I previously stated whats the point in having a moderator for a section in which does not know what they are doing. We currently have Geo as a mir3 moderator. Doesn't log on or very little. All of the other moderator's and super moderators for mir2 very rarely if at all go to the mir3 section.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Unless there's someone already been added to cover the Mir3 side of things would be a good idea to have an Advisor or mod to cover it like before :P

OllieD

LOMCN n00bie
May 12, 2003
You clearly have no idea of who I am :P my account and influence/status in this community predates this forum.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
You clearly have no idea of who I am :P my account and influence/status in this community predates this forum.

It really does, not many will remember your face though :P

Name is familiar.. how far off am i, if i was to say you had some part in the release of the original 1.4 server files?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

I wouldn't know. I'm a young scrub from 06.

Although it would help educate me and perhaps others, if instead of simply stating your importance/influence, you'd explain why.

I can't read minds yknow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.