Opinion

ZeldaWarrior

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 22, 2014
I am just about to buy a dedicated server !

should I host , 3.55 , sting3.55 or king (king) I don't no If these are relseased as complete yet are they.

Looking for gms / would be nice if have set of king files

I have the loader to make accounts/ not sure about kings

ty

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Kings is fun to develop and you can add more things in e.g. items, skins maps etc. Only problem with kings is you have cheats built into the client which is a downside meaning pvp will be crap.
3.55 ur limited to maps mobs n items, but the overall gameplay runs alot more smoothly than kings and no built in cheats, personally i prefer playing and making 3.55 due to the pvp side of it. Mir is crap without pvp and on kings its hard to enjoy pvp when u have cheats built into client.
If u need help with 3.55 leave us a message i'll happly help out as lomcn needs a mir 3 server out as not been many out there. Hope it all goes well for you and Good luck with server.

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Yeah, only problem with low rate like euro is you really need a high user count to have a successful low rate because of group hunts. With chronicles be hard to find a lot of users that will play so ur best option would be 3.55 medium- high rate reason being not many people are up for the grind of low rates and the people who do like the grind are on chronicles so i recommend a medium - high rate mate.

ZeldaWarrior

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 22, 2014
im finding it hard to find crueldragon3gbasedata in them files

Found them =P

Last edited:

Pandora

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2014
My oppinion is oppen your own server, not others mirs.
Sting cruel have a own style, for you is more convenient oppen other crueldragon3g.
But you can see scripts to this mud3.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Ok here's a bit of useful information for you, before even considering buying a dedicated server.

3.55 server files, will not run on most dedicated servers. As most dedicated servers, now run Xeon Quad cores with windows 2008 upwards. You would be very lucky to get a single core server, running Server 2003. This would be the same for Dual core servers as well, but be aware if you find a Dual Core provider, that any changes you make to the server IE: modding Core you are liable for any cost to put it right.

King3G however will run from a Quad core on server 2008, but the files are littered with bugs, exploits and cheats.

The only thing you can't do with 3.55, that you can with King3G is add extra items to knew files. With 3.55 you have to remove items out of .wils (which has a limit capacity) in order to add new items. You also can't use someone else client as your own, unless you have modified the client and files.

You can on both, add maps that you create or find. I don't believe you are limited to the amount of map files that can be used or read.

Also you can't open a server, directly using someone elses files. You will get banned from lomcn, the server has to be yours and yours alone. But there is no stopping you from using another server files, to create your own. Just make sure you have that person's permission to use them and don't play of scripts as your own.

As for buying a dedicated server, if you can't afford to keep the server running out of your own pocket for at least 6 month. This means that you are only putting a server online to make money, you've got to be able to sustain your server and not rely on others to do it for you.

Rates: Most Mir 3 players don't like Euro style rates, as it's far to low and they play P/Servers not to have to grind so much. Your average player, prefers between x8 - x32, though there are players who like x128 and above (But with these type of servers, you will be adding content a lot).

You've also got to be prepared to put your own work into the server and work hard on it, otherwise it won't last. Sting3G was up for so long previously because of the content that IdabigA has worked on and added and this is why it's back again under Karl. If you can't put the time and effort into the server, then don't bother bringing one up. It's not easy creating a server and maintaining it and it does require a lot of hard work from you. You've got to be able to put up with a lot of **** from players.

Last edited:

Pandora

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2014
#DSMIR: Exp rates low in 3.55 don't like, becouse the admin create a servers without quest, sistems (New events, points, histories, npc's, guild sistem, guild wars..) etz...

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
King3G however will run from a Quad core on server 2008, but the files are littered with bugs, exploits and cheats.
Can anyone explain in more detail what bugs and exploits there are?

From when I played kings the only problems I found where the two step run, can attack the person who paralyzed you and some spells are overpowered.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Can anyone explain in more detail what bugs and exploits there are?

From when I played kings the only problems I found where the two step run, can attack the person who paralyzed you and some spells are overpowered.
You can't fix them if that's what your thinking, you need source to fix. The files are riddled with cheats and access for cheats to be used, there are also issues with the .dll for EI as it's not fully translated due to some issues with it.

#DSMIR: Exp rates low in 3.55 don't like, becouse the admin create a servers without quest, sistems (New events, points, histories, npc's, guild sistem, guild wars..) etz...

Not correct at all, some of the best low rate servers have had quests and things to attract players, but not been able to hold a lot of their player base due to the fact most want high rate servers and TBH why would you want to play a x1/x2 server, that's not the point of the files.

Last edited:

Pandora

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2014
#DSMIR3: You can create a base. The most servers have 10 quest... and 50 bosses?
I have been developping a systems, guilds quests, diferents system for upgrade your magics.....etc....

I think in all kinds of life, the admin or manager or owner... need know the 'market' and give what people want.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
#DSMIR3: You can create a base. The most servers have 10 quest... and 50 bosses?
I have been developping a systems, guilds quests, diferents system for upgrade your magics.....etc....

I think in all kinds of life, the admin or manager or owner... need know the 'market' and give what people want.
All these things you are developing are all ready developed and can be found in the various Envir's that are darted around. But low rate server, tend not to hold anymore than 5/10 players at anyone time. High rate servers done well, can have anywhere from 50/200 players at anyone time see the difference.

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
You can't fix them if that's what your thinking, you need source to fix. The files are riddled with cheats and access for cheats to be used, there are also issues with the .dll for EI as it's not fully translated due to some issues with it.

Not correct at all, some of the best low rate servers have had quests and things to attract players, but not been able to hold a lot of their player base due to the fact most want high rate servers and TBH why would you want to play a x1/x2 server, that's not the point of the files.
I know I can't fix them, just wanted to know what bugs there are to decide myself on what files I will be using.

I was playing Chronical Mir 2 and the PVP there compared to Mir3 is a joke (even compared to Kings) You can barely hit anyone and unless the person is willing to stand still and fight you might as well give up.

Pandora

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2014
All these things you are developing are all ready developed and can be found in the various Envir's that are darted around. But low rate server, tend not to hold anymore than 5/10 players at anyone time. High rate servers done well, can have anywhere from 50/200 players at anyone time see the difference.

Hispared low -> ++80users
Apocalipsis low (now close) -> ++50 users

In time ago, the big problem was, there are more servers, low - mediums - fast - veryfast...
now are 1 or 2, if the people come on, to play a new's server, with hours dedicates.
People can back to mir 3.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Hispared low -> ++80users
Apocalipsis low (now close) -> ++50 users

In time ago, the big problem was, there are more servers, low - mediums - fast - veryfast...
now are 1 or 2, if the people come on, to play a new's server, with hours dedicates.
People can back to mir 3.
Hispared doesn't have 80+ users at anyone time, I know this as I play the server and you can't really make reference to a server that's not online.

Pandora

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2014
mm...
Cerberus: +40 users, he add ********s and now have 10 users.
Apolyon: When server close 45 users on.

I agree what you say, but i think the admins have failed to deliver what the customer wanted.
In EEUU/UK , There are more qualificate admins. In spain copy the text to LOMCN and translate.
If it have errors, he can't know change it.

And people use bugs... if you ban one person, go out other 4... etc ....etc... for example.