The Amazing Spider Man 2

smoochy boys on tour

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Yet another movie (I like movies :D)...

I was sadly disappointed with this... The first one of the new Spider Man's was incredibly, they seemed to have adapted a new dark edge to it similar to what Christopher Nolan did with batman... Unfortunately it seems they have reverted slightly and although it still had some darkish moments it was padded our with cheese and cringe bits.

Graphically it was stunning though, great film to watch, but if you watched the first one don't expect it to be as good.

Sam

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Stunning graphics don't cut it any more. Any film can have them with computers nowadays and just how many different ways can an explosion be made or someone get thrown through a wall ?
The only reason to watch a spiderman film now is to see who the bint sidekick will be.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
It's not about graphics with the latest installment of remakes, it's about making the film more in touch with the comic series and it's stories and that's what they have done. The recent Dreed and Transformers shows that, however Transformers was and still is way off mark from the comic series.

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
I actually enjoyed it. As dsmir3 has stated, it is bringing them in line with the comics.

Sam if you compare how many times you cringe to the first series to this series I think you'll forgive them for it

Dk

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Yet another movie (I like movies :D)...

I was sadly disappointed with this... The first one of the new Spider Man's was incredibly, they seemed to have adapted a new dark edge to it similar to what Christopher Nolan did with batman... Unfortunately it seems they have reverted slightly and although it still had some darkish moments it was padded our with cheese and cringe bits.

Graphically it was stunning though, great film to watch, but if you watched the first one don't expect it to be as good.

Sam

I agree with this, also the trailer was so misleading showing the guy in the rhino suit making you think he would be a main part of the story but then at the end you realise it was just a cliff hanger to lead onto other movies.

Don't get me wrong I liked it, the storyline was good and the graphics amazing but cut all of the cheese out as Sam said and the 2hr30 movie would be only like 1hour. Needed some more action.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
I personally really enjoyed the film. I don't normally like the super hero kind of films, no real reason as to why i don't! The graphics were amazing as has been said above but i also agree with the cheesey lines that were in it, kind of ruined it but overall i really enjoyed it, even if it was over two hours long!

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Yeah I fear they are going to follow the same path as the first set of movies where they get more and more cringey and less and less bearable to watch, this one however, was still worth a watch.

Sam

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Yeah I fear they are going to follow the same path as the first set of movies where they get more and more cringey and less and less bearable to watch, this one however, was still worth a watch.

Sam
They will and if they are keeping in line with the comics, they will get deeper and darker as they progress the story further. This is one of the reasons I like the new Superman film, as it's more in line with the comic series and I can't wait for it to progress to the point of Superman & Batman being friends (If they follow that line).

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
They will and if they are keeping in line with the comics, they will get deeper and darker as they progress the story further. This is one of the reasons I like the new Superman film, as it's more in line with the comic series and I can't wait for it to progress to the point of Superman & Batman being friends (If they follow that line).

I think they will end up going down the Justice League route, so it is likely that they will become friends.... I think :P.

Sam

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
I think they will end up going down the Justice League route, so it is likely that they will become friends.... I think :P.

Sam
I really hope they do, as there are some really deep and dark stories to be done. Including Batman having the only true Kryptonite, that Superman gave him if he ever turned evil.

I just wished they hadn't screwed around with the Transformers story, as I'm very disappointed in that at the moment.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Wish they would give us Wonder Woman & Flash films already. Getting bored of having Marvel forced in my face.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Wish they would give us Wonder Woman & Flash films already. Getting bored of having Marvel forced in my face.
Hmmm an updated Wonder Woman, now that I would pay to see.