lOOKING FOR A SERVER

WhoFlungPooAndY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2013
Any servers out there with people actually playing them? (not chron what a dog **** server that is) also needs to not give me cancer trying to download it i.e click, wait for download, click, play.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Chronicles and Arcadia is the only 2 servers worth playing. And the idea of Click,Play server no longer exist as nearly every server have custom clients

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Chronicles and Arcadia is the only 2 servers worth playing. And the idea of Click,Play server no longer exist as nearly every server have custom clients

Arcadia is pretty poor, if I'm perfectly honest.

Not bad up to about level80ish, but once you get the lower level kit you have to start paying £££ to get any better.

My warrior is level91, and the only spells i have are the usual Fencing, Slaying, FlameSword and Entrap. All the rest are in GameShop and don't seem to drop, or drop very rarely. £25 for TDB....

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008

Not bad up to about level80ish, but once you get the lower level kit you have to start paying £££ to get any better.

My warrior is level91, and the only spells i have are the usual Fencing, Slaying, FlameSword and Entrap. All the rest are in GameShop and don't seem to drop, or drop very rarely. £25 for TDB....

Sounds like a right mess haha

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

The good skills are rare, is that not the case with other servers?
TDB is a warrior defining skill, and thus one of the rarest in terms of drop rate
Level 91 is pretty much entry level, may as well be compared to level 25 on euro
Skills were added to GameShop by demand, particularly by players who do not buy GameGold, but trade for it in game with the very healthy economy

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
DevilKnight's C# server is looking well at the moment. Still in closed beta but its something fresh and the files are very smooth, much unlike heroes imo.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
TDB is a warrior defining skill, and thus one of the rarest in terms of drop rate
Level 91 is pretty much entry level, may as well be compared to level 25 on euro
Skills were added to GameShop by demand, particularly by players who do not buy GameGold, but trade for it in game with the very healthy economy

Like you said, TDB is a warrior defining skill, why the **** would anyone want to play a warrior without its main skill?

Thats akin to playing a Healer priest on WOW and not having Heal.

****ing muppet.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Like you said, TDB is a warrior defining skill, why the **** would anyone want to play a warrior without its main skill?

Thats akin to playing a Healer priest on WOW and not having Heal.

****ing muppet.

Whilst I do sometimes get offended by your comments I must try to forgive your ignorance and attempt to educate you on the matters that you raise.
TDB is more than attainable within the context of the game for all players. Should you not wish to hunt the bosses that drop the skill, or lack the time to do so, you may decide to purchase GameGold and buy it from the shop. However, as is the case with the majority of players, and indeed many other games, you may prefer to trade items or currency in return for the GameGold that other players have floated in the economy.

As you are probably not aware, not being a mir player and all, this is how the economy generally operates. It is unlikely that you will get all the drops, particularly skills, that you require on your own accord, you must indeed broker a deal with another party who was fortunate enough to get such item.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the matter as I would be happy to draw you some form of diagram using coloured pens

Zed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2014
I am glad people like yourselves don't want to play those server's, god forbid I need to put up with your crap and nonsense in-game as well as reading it on the forums.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Oh come on Scorp... £25 for ONE skill?

It's a well thought out server, lots to do, lots to keep you occupied. But anyone who pays £25 for a skill (That's a cheap skill, too) must be mad. But fair enough, people do it.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Whilst I do sometimes get offended by your comments I must try to forgive your ignorance and attempt to educate you on the matters that you raise.
TDB is more than attainable within the context of the game for all players. Should you not wish to hunt the bosses that drop the skill, or lack the time to do so, you may decide to purchase GameGold and buy it from the shop. However, as is the case with the majority of players, and indeed many other games, you may prefer to trade items or currency in return for the GameGold that other players have floated in the economy.

As you are probably not aware, not being a mir player and all, this is how the economy generally operates. It is unlikely that you will get all the drops, particularly skills, that you require on your own accord, you must indeed broker a deal with another party who was fortunate enough to get such item.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the matter as I would be happy to draw you some form of diagram using coloured pens

No other game in the world makes players build their toons skills up based on "Pure Luck".

Skill's define a class, and shouldnt have to be "Rare" or obtainable via the games economy.

Once again, you miss the point.

Should i draw you a picture?

Edit- see attached

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Skill's define a class, and shouldnt have to be "Rare" or obtainable via the games economy.

I have heard of this game, pretty old now so been around a while, where you don't get all spell books given to you straight away, and you have to hunt for these certain rare high level spells.

The names gone from me though.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I have heard of this game, pretty old now so been around a while, where you don't get all spell books given to you straight away, and you have to hunt for these certain rare high level spells.

The names gone from me though.

And The Pendatic Crew strike again.

Do i really need to spell everything out for the Morons on this forum?

Just because "thats the way it was", does not make it any less stupid, or ****ing idiotic.

Sticking to the past like a fly around **** will only see the potential of this game wasted.

It worked 15 years ago, it doesnt ****ing work now.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah you're right, the old ways don't work any more.

Lets just just make this game 3D, and move it in to the futuristic era of guns and space ships. Oriental style was so last year.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Night is right, £25 for a spell like TDB is insane and ruins the server

it is a warriors main spell, and yes it makes a warrior significantly stronger but it's a vital skill. Have you done the same for other classes and put say shinsu/psn/sfb or a bunch of wiz defining spells in the game shop? Prob not

im not against putting spells in a GameShop, but Jesus....... At least put NEW spells in there. Not mandatory ones

think you've dropped the ball on that one slightly blinded by the money perhaps?

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
There's far too much ownage flying in my direction right now.

Never passed comment on your servers Bon, why? Because I don't have a ****ing clue about them, plus I have too much respect for other server owners. But the facts speak for themselves, many people play them so you must do something right, right? From what I have read on your post, you have no idea about Arcadia either, but guess what people play it.

This ain't a ball game pal

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
No other game in the world makes players build their toons skills up based on "Pure Luck".

Path Of Exile.

Pretty much Mir in a nutshell. You get given -some- free spells along the journey, but most of the decent ones are rare and have to be traded for or found from drops. From these, you can start to make your character unique.

PoE is also very successful because it has plenty to do and an amazingly established economy. (No Gold, just orbs and the like used to craft and trade)

It's also a free to play game that remains absolutely 100% not pay-to-win or pay-to-get-ahead, unlike Scorpians or most Mir private servers these days.

Seems many are misguided as to what actually makes a good game tbh.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Path Of Exile.

Pretty much Mir in a nutshell. You get given -some- free spells along the journey, but most of the decent ones are rare and have to be traded for or found from drops. From these, you can start to make your character unique.

PoE is also very successful because it has plenty to do and an amazingly established economy. (No Gold, just orbs and the like used to craft and trade)

It's also a free to play game that remains absolutely 100% not pay-to-win or pay-to-get-ahead, unlike Scorpians or most Mir private servers these days.

Seems many are misguided as to what actually makes a good game tbh.
thats untrue kori... you can quite easily pay-to-win by buying lots of orbs from various "gold websites"

a better example woulda been diablo 3... now that really is completely random with what items and build you go... you could have 3/4 of the set items and never get the 4th. Theres no specific mob/boss that you can hunt for that item either.
nor can you buy gold/trade items etc as everything is account bound and gold cant be traded :lol

But hey diablo has fallen pretty bad since its release....

There's far too much ownage flying in my direction right now.

Never passed comment on your servers Bon, why? Because I don't have a ****ing clue about them, plus I have too much respect for other server owners. But the facts speak for themselves, many people play them so you must do something right, right? From what I have read on your post, you have no idea about Arcadia either, but guess what people play it.

This ain't a ball game pal
your right i dont know any thing about the server, and from the screenshots and things it does look pretty good.

I just dont agree with £25 for a spell like TDB, no matter how good the server is. Im just saying it would put me off as a player before i even got into the game to see how good it was.

Of course ppl will still play it.. and of course ppl will still PAY for it, which is why gameshops really dont suprise me. I've been there and done that ive seen what some people are willing to pay for things, its insane.

Like i say scrop its not a bash at you or the server, as im sure its very good, ur a good server owner... I just dont agree with £25 for TDB.. it reminds me of something lapta would do - dont become a lapta douche!