FiveHeroes - C# Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
So this advert will probably look very basic, I'll be adding to it as I go along.
So not really sure how to start off this advert but here goes:

Introduction to the server

• Server will be using the C# files
  • It will have all 5 classes including a Archer class
  • I'm not going to say its a low/med/high rate because that term means different things to different people, so let me try explain what kinda "rate" it is below
  • Server team is myself, Matt and Hany
  • Our previous servers are OldSkool, FourHeroes LR and HR, and the current Threeheros (altho we do not run it anymore)

Server rate

Fast to 20 (couple of hours, I'd expect people to be 20+ in their 1st session of playing)
Steady pace to around 50 (expect people to be 50 in a week or so)
Again steady pace but slower to 80 (expect people to be 80 in a couple weeks)
Then slowing things down quite a bit at around 80-100 where your looking at a couple of days per level.
Level 100 is going to be a soft cap where leveling up is still possible, but its gonna take a week or 2 per level. This will allow others to catch up, and eventually will be lifted on patch day.

Gameplay is very much a "high rate" kind of play. Standard euro spells will be auto leveled and given to you as you level up (e.g. at lvl 7 you will gain Fencing 0/100). I dont believe people afk lvling spells, especially not ones you've learned 100x over. Brand new spells will be rare and have a little bit of levelin, but again im talking 1000 max, not 16,000.

However dont think items are going to be given away like cakes, on all my servers theres been a huge variety of items, going from your standard kit -> rare -> legendary status. You will find the appropriate level items for your level, but they just might not be the BEST items you can obtain.

That brings us onto stats. At level 100 your stats could be anywhere from dc200 to 350 depending on if you have the bog standard kit, to the super rare items.

Server Features

In terms of features the server supports all kind of maps, so you will see a mixture of brand new maps, and the classic old maps; both euro and custom!
Server will not have Heroes, and things like marriage / mentor system, these will probably be things that come at a later stage.
If you have tested the c# files, they speak for themselves. They run excellent on windows 7, none of this needing XP ACPI crap.
The files also have anti-speed hack so everyone should be the same speed making PvP very interesting and balanaced!
Full list of features can be found on this thread: http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?84526-Comparison-of-available-files-2014 however our files will have a lost of "incomplete" things on that list done on release.

The server will follow very much in the theme of my previous servers, so if you havn't played one of my servers before, check out the ThreeHeroes advert for more details:
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?74166-ThreeHeroes-2-6&highlight=threeheroes

The big question - ETA?!

Well I'm sure this is something everyone will be asking, so best to answer it here the best I can.

As always there is no specific release date or ETA planned, however our main plan is to achive something similiar to the below timeline:

Beta - July
Live - August - September depending on how Beta tests go

THESE ARE ROUGH ESTIMATES, THE DATES WILL CHANGE AS THINGS PROGRESS!

For more info and to keep up to date with things please visit the forums:
http://oldskoolgaming.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?87-Five-Heroes

We'd love to hear any feedback / ideas so please go post them there!

There isnt really much to screenshot and post at the moment, but I never like making a thread w/o posting a picture, so Ill post 2 pics that I think show how amazing the new maps are! I'd imagine most have probably seen these before tho.

j9u70w.png

27xnewo.jpg

6rilnm.png

SPECIAL THANKS TO

Jamie & Shane | for starting this great C# project
Lilcooldoode, Far & thedeath | for all the updates
DevilsKnight | for hosting the client patcher
Nightwolf, TheDayIDie | for all the help

Also thanks to all the others that have worked on the C# files and will continue to work on them. Without everyone's hard work we wouldn't even have these files.

Unfortunately we cannot commit our source to the SVN being open source, as we have changed too many things and are not going down the "official" root. But we'd like to find some way of giving back in the future, that could mean releasing binary exes or committing smaller single things such as spells or mob AIs (assuming they pass the "official" test
:P)

Last edited:

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Nice can't wait finally a high rate by somebody who's got a clue what people want! #C even better so much better for fighting than chron files.

Good luck.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Niceeeeee
Had loads of fun on ur previous serv's (all of them) so cant wait to see it live :

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
one question can you post the skills of each class's if its possible like your assassin spells and archer spells?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
one question can you post the skills of each class's if its possible like your assassin spells and archer spells?
Archer spells are in development at the moment, a full list will be posted when they are complete. Same with assassin

As there is very little info on official archer it will mostly be a custom build design.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Archer spells are in development at the moment, a full list will be posted when they are complete. Same with assassin

As there is very little info on official archer it will mostly be a custom build design.

Backstab 4heroes. pls.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Backstab 4heroes. pls.
If im honest I haven't gone into detail to see the state of spells and class balance... thats on our list to do soon... however if its broken in our opinion it will get changed.

U may or may not see some skills on 3heros, it all depends how it fits with the server.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Finnally some good news! Good luck to you all with this!

Just 1 thing.

If Samuel did something right with his server was the advertisment on Facebook with videos nice ads etc. Use it to attract a huge number of players. Just be ready to get more players than u ever did on your servers. By being ready i mean perhaps some "instances" because there is no server than can have enough caves for lets say 300-400 ppl. Just consider that possibility ;p

Good luck again

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010

Are you going to try and go for the Offical feel or go stingey like chrons did and have like 5 skills looking the same but different colour arrow shoots out lol!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Are you going to try and go for the Offical feel or go stingey like chrons did and have like 5 skills looking the same but different colour arrow shoots out lol!
I dont know yet we've only done a rough outline, but we like the idea of archers being based on combo points and having a bunch of cooldown spells so they have more of a rotation rather than ill just spam this same button kinda class

there's likely to be changes to the other classes as well to make more spells viable.

even simple tweaks like wizard spells... having hellfire + flamedistruptor do x1.5 dmg to living targets, while chain lightning and thunderbolt do x1.5 dmg to undead targets... so theres a choice between the spells. Obv means the living will be the main pvp spells.

You know what my servers are like, they try to break out of the "official" road into something more unique.

The server will be nothing like chrons

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I've never been a big fan of you Bon....

But this has put a massive smile on my face, up yours chronicles. GG

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
I dont know yet we've only done a rough outline, but we like the idea of archers being based on combo points and having a bunch of cooldown spells so they have more of a rotation rather than ill just spam this same button kinda class

there's likely to be changes to the other classes as well to make more spells viable.

even simple tweaks like wizard spells... having hellfire + flamedistruptor do x1.5 dmg to living targets, while chain lightning and thunderbolt do x1.5 dmg to undead targets... so theres a choice between the spells. Obv means the living will be the main pvp spells.

You know what my servers are like, they try to break out of the "official" road into something more unique.

The server will be nothing like chrons

Sweet looking foward to this big time, i like the combo point idea sound different and the rotation sounds brilliant hate spamming the same skill and im sure a hell of a lot of people will roll archer.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Sweet looking foward to this big time, i like the combo point idea sound different and the rotation sounds brilliant hate spamming the same skill and im sure a hell of a lot of people will roll archer.
dunno i think ppl will play the class they like.. me for one ive always been a melee character so id prob still choose a warrior or assassin

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Good to see others finally using the C# files, both yours and DKs server look like they have new and different ideas going into Mir.

Some competition towards chronicles is good aswell, hopefully people will realise there isn't really anything special they have done yet to make Mir more interesting.

LionMir

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2013

Aaron dont pretend your gonna play anything else but a war.. lol

Looks good ben looking forward to it

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Just a few questions to ask. Happy to see you making a Server at least (and on the c# files, something I'm planning on doing myself)

Donations? pay to win like your previous servers or are you toning it down a little for this one? Never a fan of people buying full kits a few days after the kits just been released into drop files.

What will make this server unique? Oldskool was unique due to subclasses and imo your most successful server yet. 3Heroes(LowRate) was a flop, possibly due to low rate / people you worked with. 4Heroes was probably one of the best high rates I ever played, the assassin class being unique (inivisble+backstab) made the game very fun to play as well as a multitude of things to keep people busy.

Professionalism - something you/your team has lacked in the past except perhaps Matt. Can we expect better manners from you/your team when we need support from you with issues?

All genuine questions. I look forward to playing your server - who knows, maybe you'll start asking me for more ideas again like back in the day.

Last edited:

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
dunno i think ppl will play the class they like.. me for one ive always been a melee character so id prob still choose a warrior or assassin

Yea i stuck to warrior on chrons always will be a warrior but like start day 50% of server was archers but was first private server on lomcn with fully working archer class so could of just been down to wanting to see it but then again you will go a different away about your archer class than chronicles so could be the same.