Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
LOMCN Global Forum Rules said:
SERVER/USER PROTECTION

• LOMCN DOES NOT WANT users which participate in DoSing/cheating/scamming or otherwise disrupting any online server/user in any shape of form.
  • LOMCN reserves the right to remove users which merely threaten the operation of online servers.
  • Users compromising action to protect a server, will have sanctions placed on their account

Cheating is strictly against LOMCN rules and always has been. Protecting the security and integrity of online servers is vital.

Without those servers, Mir has no future. When you use cheat programs you are causing damage to those servers.

==============================================

Anyone found cheating on any server should be reported to a LOMCN Admin by a member of the server team and we will take appropriate action against those people.
Those people will be added to a Black List, which will result in them either being banned from LOMCN or being branded as an Untrusted Member of the community and a Known Cheater.

This Black List will also be available to other server owners, at their own will/request.

==============================================

Further to this, if anyone ever has any information regarding creators or distributors of LOM cheats, please contact a member of staff.

You've been warned, so play fair and enjoy the game.
/LOMCN Administration

Last edited:
Reactions: Far

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Just a quick point. How are you supposed to prove that the accounts are linked.

A theoretical example.
I have a server and a player called Tai is cheating, therefore we should brand Tai from LOMCN a cheat?

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Just a quick point. How are you supposed to prove that the accounts are linked.

A theoretical example.
I have a server and a player called Tai is cheating, therefore we should brand Tai from LOMCN a cheat?
The server owner can give the IP(of the cheater) to an LOMCN admin and then someone can check if he/she has an account on LOMCN

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Yeah but suppose a situation happens where for example a player falls out with a server owner and the server owner then comes and reports that person as a cheat just because they dislike them?

I've fallen victim to this before where i the left server owners normal characters guild and we took sw off his guild and he then made fake logs saying mine and another members chars was cheating to ban us lol.

So how would you know which server owners to trust with these reports?

Good that known cheaters are labelled though.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Yeah but suppose a situation happens where for example a player falls out with a server owner and the server owner then comes and reports that person as a cheat just because they dislike them?

I've fallen victim to this before where i the left server owners normal characters guild and we took sw off his guild and he then made fake logs saying mine and another members chars was cheating to ban us lol.

So how would you know which server owners to trust with these reports?

Good that known cheaters are labelled though.
Well i assume there is going to be proof involved, how else would you ban some1?

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Well i assume there is going to be proof involved, how else would you ban some1?

As i previously posted i've already experienced a server owner editing and posting fake logs just as a excuse to ban people last year, which is why im asking how lomcn intend to prevent this from also happening.

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
The server owner can give the IP(of the cheater) to an LOMCN admin and then someone can check if he/she has an account on LOMCN

Who is to say the server owner is correct?

Half of them don't have a clue.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
As i previously posted i've already experienced a server owner editing and posting fake logs just as a excuse to ban people last year, which is why im asking how lomcn intend to prevent this from also happening.

I don't think lomcn will be branding anyone with a cheater status until they're proven cheaters, or take the word of a single report as gospel, this should be obvious. The people who have already been marked are known cheaters, either through multiple occurrences or publicly admitting it.

Pretty sure you can sleep easy knowing that unless you're actually cheating on servers, you won't be banned.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
We will be requesting proof of said cheaters and not just taking the server owners word for it.

Once we feel we have proof, we will take action here at LOMCN too.

As Tai mentioned, if you get hold of some cheats or know where to get them from, we would like it if you let us know (LOMCN Admins) so we can work with the server owners on getting these stopped. Please don't post links for the community to see, use the PM function.

Edit: Also, a member of the admin team here is also a member of the Chronicles server team, so if you cheat there he will have more than enough proof to take action here :P

Last edited:

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Imo it's just the wrong move.

You are pushing cheaters to make new aliases for themselves.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
lol all server owners should report milofoxburr or samuel for cheating,
would love to see if 3/4 reports from hosts make them a cheater :p

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
I disagree but don't wish to say too much about that publicly.

Tell me, what do you suggest?

Keeping a list privately for server owners like you said before but without banning accounts on lomcn. That way server owned know who to keep an eye on I guess.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
lol all server owners should report milofoxburr or samuel for cheating,
would love to see if 3/4 reports from hosts make them a cheater :p

Maybe you didn't read where I said we will require proof, not just "reports".

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I disagree but don't wish to say too much about that publicly.

Tell me, what do you suggest?

Don't get involved.

If people openly threaten servers within your duristriction (the forums) then by all means punish them as its within the rules, and its blatantly obvious that they are a threat to the community. If somebody wishes to cheat on a server though, its between the owner & cheater. LOMCN shouldn't get involved in such matters, exactly same as donation conflicts, allowed but LOMCN do not approve. You're opening a can of worms here that needn't be opened, and extremely hard & time consuming to police.

As people have said on multiple posts to IP ban would be pointless as people can change their IP's. All you can do, and should do is provide a LOMCN name to a owner providing they got proof of cheats. The owner can then publicly post on theirserver ad & name and shame.

Policing donations never worked. Policing cheats will never work how intended. Compromises will be made within a few months.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Keeping a list privately for server owners like you said before but without banning accounts on lomcn. That way server owned know who to keep an eye on I guess.

Breaking our rules will not go unpunished and we won't stand aside while it becomes commonplace to abuse servers in this manner.

Don't get involved.

If people openly threaten servers within your duristriction (the forums) then by all means punish them as its within the rules, and its blatantly obvious that they are a threat to the community. If somebody wishes to cheat on a server though, its between the owner & cheater. LOMCN shouldn't get involved in such matters, exactly same as donation conflicts, allowed but LOMCN do not approve. You're opening a can of worms here that needn't be opened, and extremely hard & time consuming to police.

As people have said on multiple posts to IP ban would be pointless as people can change their IP's. All you can do, and should do is provide a LOMCN name to a owner providing they got proof of cheats. The owner can then publicly post on theirserver ad & name and shame.

Policing donations never worked. Policing cheats will never work how intended. Compromises will be made within a few months.

What you don't understand (and what I tried to explain in this thread) is that cheating on servers is a threat to the community.

Donations have absolutely no relevance to this topic so I will not reply to that part.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
tai what proof?
almost all servers are based on sourcecodes now, so it's really easy to fake proof as much as you want :p
ofcourse you could argue that you know ppl like milo and sam would never cheat, except then all you're doing is saying:
only ppl i dont like are going to go on the list :p

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Don't get involved.

I suggested hardware ID ban's, of course there's still ways around that but more effective than IP banning since if you have a dynamic IP it'll change as soon as you reboot the router, static IP requires contacting the ISP I think?

The rule should stay the same and cheaters banned (if I remember correctly I couldn't see ANYTHING on the forums)
Like when Leo banned me for the so called DC cheat,
It should be the same imo.

LOMCN don't really care about proof if it's one of the other Admins though, what they say is final and it doesn't matter how much you protest you won't win... flipping DC cheat of all things to accuse anyone of.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
What you should really be doing is offering incentives to server owners to get together and join an 'Anti-cheat Program', where they can collectively prevent cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.