Sting The Third

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Hi All, I've been back into Mir for a while now, and I was content with adding stuff to Karl reincarnation of Sting, but I am afraid, it was not destined to last :(

Helped a couple of other servers get online, but now its time to bring Sting back!

Some info for you..

• EXP * 64 (The last incarnation of Sting was @ *32 EXP).
  • Gold * 2 (Lots to spend gold on, including keeping your integral topped up).
  • Taoist have the normal 3 Pets and of course get 3 more over time - This will be increased once people get over 100
  • Rebirths set up (with thanks for the idea to Possessed - Sam), @ 100, 130... etc
  • Start @ level 1, but all low level mobs/caves removed and exp to get to 40 will be in a matter of minutes. Level 40 is where you start levelling...
  • All item stats redone in line with a higher rate of server
  • All mobs redone in line with a higher rate of server
  • Drops revisited to ensure everything drops at the correct level
  • Most areas changed to suit a high level server (i.e. ForbiddenTemple is now the "Starting Area", NumaRuins is set up for level 100 peeps).
  • At level 100, you stop getting standard items, and can instead swap drops for RefinePoints, these can be added to any of the level 100 items and can then customize the level 100 item to however you like. You get 3 Points per level as standard, and can gain an extra point for every item you swap out. Once you get 100 points, you can add another stat. There is no limit!
  • PK is allowed (60+), and encouraged.. you kill someone from another guild and it will automatically add you're PK points to the guild PK fund and update the in-game and online scoreboard! At the end of the week, the guild with the most points takes over Sabuk Wall and the count starts again! Cheating is not allowed as each guild member is only allowed to kill another individual once per week so don't think you can just make a char and PK it over and over again.
    i.e. idaBigA can kill Fred, Bob and Mick once each per week, any more times and it won't count.
  • DailyQuests now changed from giving FamePoints to giving Integral and all items now require FamePoints to wear.
  • SamakWall setup with a guild quest system, can be taken over at any time once the guild completes the quest.
  • New mobs added in the spare spaces I now have after removing the lower level areas, but these will be used for the 100+ areas (not yet added).
  • Married system removed and replaced with "Civil Partnership", don't worry if your char is male or female, just get "Partnered Up".
  • Of course, you also have the standard Sting set of systems that are constantly being added to
  • - Group Cave (10% extra EXP and can only enter in a group of 3 heroes)
  • - RefineStones
  • - Booty and Pot Stores to you don't clog up your stores with crap
  • - Item to GP transfer so you can make a little extra cash
  • - Double and Triple EXP if you fancy a boost!
  • - Personal Teleport - Teleport to another player anywhere!
  • - Guild Home system
  • - Many many more....

Rules for Sting...
  • No "bad" swearing.. (you will know its bad if I tell you about it).
  • No racism..
  • No making abusive char names..
  • No making char names with non-english characters..
  • Think that's about it.. I am not checking if people cheat, I really can't be bothered).

Still lots to do to make this a reality, but hopefully online for a weeks beta testing within around 2 weeks.

Your thoughts?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
  • PK is allowed (60+), and encouraged.. you kill someone from another guild and it will automatically add you're PK points to the guild PK fund and update the in-game and online scoreboard! At the end of the week, the guild with the most points takes over Sabuk Wall and the count starts again! Cheating is not allowed as each guild member is only allowed to kill another individual once per week so don't think you can just make a char and PK it over and over again.
    i.e. idaBigA can kill Fred, Bob and Mick once each per week, any more times and it won't count.

Measures put in place to stop exploiting but this doesn't stop players from making multiple characters and still cheat that way unless you can put a limit to 1 kill per IP.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Measures put in place to stop exploiting but this doesn't stop players from making multiple characters and still cheat that way unless you can put a limit to 1 kill per IP.
It won't be quick to get to 60 (more than a week I would suggest), so it just won't be worth the hassle of levelling a char up just so they can kill it once a week.

Saying that, fixing it per IP is also do-able :) Cheers :)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
when be online ??

beta ina few weeks,

I am tempted to give this a go m8 tbh, just as i was thiking id give mir a break for a while lol

what work have you got left to do before beta? :)

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Your thoughts on King vs 3.55?
Well personnaly i would go with kings even though it has the speed hack, it doesnt destroy the game, you have ALOT of advantages, awesome new spells, the nice armour glows , and the most important unlimited stats

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
I thought about this myself and am sticking to 3.55....King is better dev side but has more bugs player side.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
hey buddy, when beta is up, do you have an estimated time? and will there be no wipe if no major bugs are found? cheers :)

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
kings all the way more armours and all the skills but the skills need a good balance. sure kings have auto rung and para hacks but with a firm hand and a ban hammer its not a problem and is easy to spot

3.55 files are what nearly 8 years old wow :/. why not use the set Azura released they are the best set around surely right now

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Which set of files?

I was under the impression there was only 3.55 or King (ignoring the older ones). I had been out of the scene for a while though..

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Which set of files?

I was under the impression there was only 3.55 or King (ignoring the older ones). I had been out of the scene for a while though..

not sure having a look now but cant find them now. they were king files but had a lot of work done to them Azuras files were leaked so he released them we are talking like 4 years ish ago tho i think

this is a link to azuras files http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?66143-English-King-Files only problem is none of the links are up and i no longer have them as mega upload died some one will have them i hope

Last edited:

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
I still prefer 3.55 files for the same reason we all still use windows xp. Age is irrelevant, it does the job :P

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
I still prefer 3.55 files for the same reason we all still use windows xp. Age is irrelevant, it does the job :P

who uses xp lol the only people who run xp on here now are the mir 2 lot trying to run tiny xp becuse they have shitty pcs or using it to run 3.55 files as it wont work with widows 7 lol ??? i was the same till i tried it with my new system wouldn't go back and so many games dont support xp anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.