Sting The Third

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Windows 7 is just xp with a few tweeks, all are based on dos. I have an xp server, win 7 & a win 8 laptop and I prefer win xp, so do many people. All I said was it does the job, why do you feel the need to use foul language and mock?!

Last edited:

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Windows 7 is just xp with a few tweeks, all are based on dos. I have an xp server, win 7 & a win 8 laptop and I prefer win xp, so do many people. All I said was it does the job, why do you feel the need to ruse foul language and mock?!

sorry i forgot you get a bit touchy you must be a real laugh in rl....... xp does not do the job any more like i said most games now wont even run on xp. it has run its course yes it was great but like every things its aged and dated

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
sorry i forgot you get a bit touchy you must be a real laugh in rl....... xp does not do the job any more like i said most games now wont even run on xp. it has run its course yes it was great but like every things its aged and dated

A lot of people still use XP, it's why the UK shelled out additional money to keep support going for companies for an additional year, I also know many homeowners still use it and prefer it due to how simplistic it is compared to windows 8 for example. What he said was fine, you're just nitpicking.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Shame people have to get personal when we are talking about windows xp's ability to run a mir server, which is after all what I was referring to. Sting runs on XP, ask him why he likes xp!? You going to ridicule and say daft things about him and half the other server owners too? The thing with xp is you have to know what doing instead of clicking dumb tiles of win8.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The only reason Microsoft still supports XP (only for the next 12 months whilst the companies upgrade) is that government companies were too lazy on upgrading to Windows 7, even though Microsoft gave them over 5 years warning when the deadline was. It has nothing to do with Windows 7 / 8 being not as good.

Hardware these days don't even support XP because of its lack of drivers. So to keep with XP because it's been tried and tested is just asking for your server to become redundant.

Not everyone wants to boot up a VM just to play Mir. Running the server on XP is fine, but I really think you need to have a client that runs fine in Windows 7 and higher if you plan to keep your user count up.

Templario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 28, 2014
It is great news way!! safe and we will continue our adventures in the world "mir"! hehe

I am very glad, I hope and wish that does not happen again as the previous, and now we're going from server to server aimlessly --->mr idabiga need our captain.

Thanks for your effort and see you soon

spanish team ;P

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Windows 7 is just xp with a few tweeks, all are based on dos. I have an xp server, win 7 & a win 8 laptop and I prefer win xp, so do many people. All I said was it does the job, why do you feel the need to use foul language and mock?!
Sorry to correct you buddy, but Windows 7 isn't an XP tweak. It's what Windows Vista should have been, they moved away from the Dos format with Windows 7. As for Windows 8.1, that's using a similar architecture to Unix. Though personally I can't stand Windows 8.1, as it's designed for touch screen and not standard PC format and ugly to use.

Actually Chimera can be a good laugh.

The only reason Microsoft still supports XP (only for the next 12 months whilst the companies upgrade) is that government companies were too lazy on upgrading to Windows 7, even though Microsoft gave them over 5 years warning when the deadline was. It has nothing to do with Windows 7 / 8 being not as good.

Hardware these days don't even support XP because of its lack of drivers. So to keep with XP because it's been tried and tested is just asking for your server to become redundant.

Not everyone wants to boot up a VM just to play Mir. Running the server on XP is fine, but I really think you need to have a client that runs fine in Windows 7 and higher if you plan to keep your user count up.
Windows XP support ended as of 8th April 2014, you can also still get most drivers for new hardware for windows xp so long as you use an MSI install.

As for government systems, these have been upgraded for a good couple of years. It's their server systems, that are yet to be fully updated. Though Tesco have been the worse with upgrading, as until recently they were still using Windows Server NT and Windows 98. That was the worse upgrade I've ever done.

@IdaBigA

I've got all the original sets of files for King, including the ones before Rich touched them. Will have a look for them, once all our servers are up and running again.

KingOfKings

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 18, 2008
kings better.. i cant run 3.55 well good on new pc's anymore, kings works good on new pc's

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
but its pheonix :P not sting xD

Sting3G Mir 3 Server is coming back soon...

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
but Pheonix its sting or what ? because i dont see download for sting3g mir

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
so where we can download Sting3G because i dont see for download ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.