Sting The Third

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
i can't log on Kings server ^^

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:58 AM ----------

whos can give me IP ? because FetchKing3 not worked for me :C

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
so this is a brand new server open today? :) if so il defo give it a whack

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
First char made today

That page can't be offline, its hosted on my web server. :S

Autopatcher updated now with MSINET.ocx for the FetchKing3.exe

Last edited:

Azaghal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Mar 8, 2014
Hiho, I downloaded full client, and change king3.ini to this: http://www.sting3g.com/phoenixrisingclient/king3.ini
Now when i run fetchking3 i see this:

error_fetch.jpg

And when start game after login its like this:

king.jpg

Whats wrong?

EDIT: Autopatcher downloaded this 2 files (MSINET.ocx). But its still shows this error.

Last edited:

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Autopatcher updated now with MSINET.ocx for the FetchKing3.exe

Run autopatcher again, this is now fixed

if you have manually changed king3.ini you can get into game, the FetchKing3 program just makes it so you don't have to manually change it.

Azaghal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Mar 8, 2014
Yea i can get into game but cant even move :/

Azaghal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Mar 8, 2014
Yup, its still shows this error when open fetchking3. When i get into game i cant do anything, and got this error in background: error.jpg

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Wow.. anyone?

I've never seen anything like that before :S

Asked Gwayne (Other GM and Dev on Server).

Reply was..

OK depends on what operating system he is on that's normally a windows protection prob as op sys like vista and some versions of 7 dont like the game in prog files move it out of program file should be ok
I always change mine and place directly onto C:\

Last edited:

Azaghal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Mar 8, 2014
Ok thanks idaBigA for help, problem solved :).

LionMir

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2013
Sorry to correct you buddy, but Windows 7 isn't an XP tweak. It's what Windows Vista should have been, they moved away from the Dos format with Windows 7. As for Windows 8.1, that's using a similar architecture to Unix. Though personally I can't stand Windows 8.1, as it's designed for touch screen and not standard PC format and ugly to use.

Actually Chimera can be a good laugh.

Windows XP support ended as of 8th April 2014, you can also still get most drivers for new hardware for windows xp so long as you use an MSI install.

As for government systems, these have been upgraded for a good couple of years. It's their server systems, that are yet to be fully updated. Though Tesco have been the worse with upgrading, as until recently they were still using Windows Server NT and Windows 98. That was the worse upgrade I've ever done.

@IdaBigA

I've got all the original sets of files for King, including the ones before Rich touched them. Will have a look for them, once all our servers are up and running again.

If you are on about UK gov systems they really havnt there are still systems running 98 and NT in the system although they did have a big rush at the beginning of this year getting everyone onto server or 7 there are still alot on xp especially older stand alones/laptops aswell as a few 98/nt systems and networks scattered about

Status
Not open for further replies.