Forged Phoenix Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Forged Phoenix Server (Test server now online)

Welcome, to Forged Phoenix - (Heroes Files)

fp222.jpg

◘ The server had a very successful test week. I believe the players enjoyed the server and there was little complaint about downtime / lagg. I will be posting an Official server advertisement within a week or two. Thank you for all who reported bugs!

Hi guys. So I've been working hard on this for a couple of months now so thought I'd release some details about it.

The aim of my server is to bring a fun, new and exciting game to the community. This means abandoning the usual Mir concepts that most servers use like re using a majority of the maps from Euro mir, and re using a majority of their items and monsters.
Maps : There will of course be maps from Euro mir, but they won't be there for the same reasons that people are used to, and will be accessible through different means or areas compared to the standard Euro mir layout.
Items : Most items will be customized, and many will be brand new and unseen which have been made by me directly. Again I am trying to abandon the classic Euro mir layout, because in my opinion these files can do so much more than just run the standard 'boring' euro mir that everyone has played through about 100 times ( I know I have anyway ) Shields will be worn instead of candles to allow everyone some extra defensive points.

Monsters : Though I can't make monster graphics myself, I will of course be re using monsters that everyone has seen before, but they will have inhabited new caves, new names and not be the same difficulty as people are used to.
Skills: The game will have all of the standard kills that have been around for years, including FlameField, Blade Avalanche, Curse ect.

New Sounds!◘ As part of me trying to make a brand new mir experience that is enjoyable, I have decided to re work the sounds of Mir. This includes all weapons, all button sounds, all human sounds and all Spell sounds. A small amount of the monsters will be re worked too. I have so far completed 60% of skills, and they are sounding amazing, and really do give the game a brand new feel.

The Story

The story of the land is that after many thousands of years of occupation of the land of the main cities Bichon, Mongchon and Gi-Ryoong the humans eventually couldn't hold off the onslaught of enemies that pushed their gates. This pushed the king of Mir to make a decision, to abandon all stations, and retreat to a Safe Haven. A Safe Haven, where their only access to the outside world is through an elaborate Underground Network.
The town of Bichon has been over-run by Oma's - The leading tribe in the attack on the humans. So expect to travel there when you are of age to try and take back the city.

The levelling rate? The levelling rate of this server is going to be quite sturdy but fast. It wont be like getting to level 80 in a day, but I think you'll basically always have a constant pace to your levelling which will eliminate the boring grinding feeling. There will be ideal EXP and Caves for the right levels, and the items for your levels will be reasonably easy to get (which would be decent kit) rather than grinding away for days just to save for a MageStaff - you will actually be rewarded for the time you put in! And of course there will be rare items.
What's new that will make this server fun? Well I'm trying to make this server as 'constantly fun' as possible if that makes sense. This means adding plenty of little things all over the place that just add a bit of reward feeling. This includes the introduction of :
-Pokeballs, Mystery Pets and Mystery Items that drop worldwide. These will give you some reward on your journey as you fight towards boss rooms, or are just levelling away in a cave. This on top of the sufficient items for your level dropping will add to a feeling of accomplishment and will make you eager to carry on.
-Challenge Rooms
-Fun little quests
-The introduction of the stunning Legend of Mir3 Maps
-Map effects
Another thing to note is that because the access point of many places are through the Safe Havens underground network this means that many caves will be easily accessible, and right at your doorstep so you are able to start exploring straight away. Some have level caps of course, but this also gives a cool feeling of not knowing where which door will take you. Maybe even into other dimensions ;)

There will of course be a BETA before the actual release date, but I want to ensure that the world feels complete and balanced before it goes live.

Note: Heroes will not be available in this game, I find them too messy and they would probably cause more problems than they're worth. Pets will be available for all classes from a low level.

phoenixad3.jpg

View attachment 15002

ad 4.png

screen1.jpg

Note : I am working hard on this daily, so any questions I will be happy to answer and any ideas on what you think should be implemented or what you enjoy about Mir personally will be listened to and possibly implemented.

A huge thank-you to the team who have worked on these files and allowed them to be released for free to the LOMCN members.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
goodluck man, i love the pokemon idea and the way youve used the mobs to suit the names, like the charizard lol :)

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Nice to see somebody put some time in with there advert a decent advert speaks a million words even if you skim read it, makes you and your server look professinal.

Best of luck.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
the pokemon concept made me laugh xD awsum idea lol, im sure youl get asked this a thousand times, but we talking weeks or months plz? :)

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
the pokemon concept made me laugh xD awsum idea lol, im sure youl get asked this a thousand times, but we talking weeks or months plz? :)

For the BETA were talking weeks. For the full release were talking about two months. All depends really. I'm pretty much re working the whole world so will take a while. Will be worth it in the end though :)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
QUOTE - " The levelling rate of this server is going to be quite sturdy but fast. It wont be like getting to level 80 in a day, but I think you'll basically always have a constant pace to your levelling which will eliminate the boring grinding feeling. There will be ideal EXP and Caves for the right levels, and the items for your levels will be reasonably easy to get (which would be decent kit) "

Just a quick question bud i feel its imprtant :)
theres been alot of servers that have a cave teleporter like this :

Cave 1 - level 20
Cave 2 - level 25
Cave 3 - level 30
etc etc

each of these caves has its own unique items that drop from mobs, however i dont like this as it feels like im being dictated in the way i can play, could i just check that this isnt your idea plz? and the sound of the server so far seems good.

Cheers

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
QUOTE - " The levelling rate of this server is going to be quite sturdy but fast. It wont be like getting to level 80 in a day, but I think you'll basically always have a constant pace to your levelling which will eliminate the boring grinding feeling. There will be ideal EXP and Caves for the right levels, and the items for your levels will be reasonably easy to get (which would be decent kit) "

Just a quick question bud i feel its imprtant :)
theres been alot of servers that have a cave teleporter like this :

Cave 1 - level 20
Cave 2 - level 25
Cave 3 - level 30
etc etc

each of these caves has its own unique items that drop from mobs, however i dont like this as it feels like im being dictated in the way i can play, could i just check that this isnt your idea plz? and the sound of the server so far seems good.

Cheers

Every cave has an NPC outside it which tells you what the caves about and the recommended level. But even though there's a recommended level you still may enter at any level - so you're free to go wherever you wish.

There is however a level 32 cap on leaving the underground to go to Abandoned Bichon and some others. But level 32 isn't going to be hard t get to so I wouldn't worry about that

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:44 AM ----------

May have missed it in the advert, but what files are you using?

Heroes

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
haha finished work just in time, il help you test connection bud

got a problem m8, i click download file and it just reloads the webpage without adding anything to my download page in firefox =/

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Doesn't work.

Get to login page but try create an account and nothing happens.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
oh scrap that, i cleared the 'embed' section and its fine

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:11 PM ----------

turns out i havnt got a mir 2 client on my laptop at the moment.. lmao d/lin 1 now, does it matter which as long as its heroes?

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Sorry guys. Left it online and went out. Someone logged in fine and was leveling away as i left. Will try to put it up later or tomorrow for another test, will let you know. - thanks for the interest!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Sorry guys. Left it online and went out. Someone logged in fine and was leveling away as i left. Will try to put it up later or tomorrow for another test, will let you know. - thanks for the interest!
I can still login fine,

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
So is this becoming a beta stage slowly or is it just merely a connection test? Cheers

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Today its just a connection test as i spent ages trying to set it up for online for the future, and my router has been giving me a load of trouble. But im planning to have a beta stage open for within a week. Which will have pretty much my full server. Will keep everyone updates of course

Status
Not open for further replies.