Films would like to see made.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Updated HULK.
Updated Serenity - though the original was a great film.
Re-do Independence day, needs to be done properly without the american cheese ;)
Golden Compass was supposed to be a trilogy but they only ever made one. I would love to see where they go with 2 & 3.
6 million dollar man and knight rider could also be done.

Anyone else?

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Golden Compass was supposed to be a trilogy but they only ever made one. I would love to see where they go with 2 & 3.
I dont think they will ever be able to make the other films to this. I read there was a lot of religious campaigning which forced their hand in the first place when making the first installment "the golden compass", iv not seen it but i heard it was made much lighter than what the book was made out to be. They also managed to put a stop to the sequel because of the religious content and introducing children to atheism.

As an avid reader, i definitely recommend you pick up the books "His Dark Materials" Trilogy which contains "Northern Lights (aka the Golden Compass)" "The Subtle Knife" "The Amber Spyglass" by Philip Pullman, you wont be disappointed.

Id like to see the "The First Law" Series by joe abercrombie, made into films, or even a tv series like Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I'd really like a film made for Gears of War and Halo. I've always loved the CGI and story lines in those games.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Assassins Creed Movie.
Stargate remake
Independence day 2 - There is rumours out there that it's on the lines.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I dont think they will ever be able to make the other films to this. I read there was a lot of religious campaigning which forced their hand in the first place when making the first installment "the golden compass", iv not seen it but i heard it was made much lighter than what the book was made out to be. They also managed to put a stop to the sequel because of the religious content and introducing children to atheism.

As an avid reader, i definitely recommend you pick up the books "His Dark Materials" Trilogy which contains "Northern Lights (aka the Golden Compass)" "The Subtle Knife" "The Amber Spyglass" by Philip Pullman, you wont be disappointed.

Id like to see the "The First Law" Series by joe abercrombie, made into films, or even a tv series like Game of Thrones.

"Say one thing for Logen Ninefingers, and one thing only, say he's a killer"

The first law series were amazing and would make an excellent series/trilogy, theres a series coming next year for Bernard Cornwells the last kindgom series of books, dont know if you've read those turrican but ive read the first three and there well worth a read i think theres 6 of them out now but i haven't got down to ordering the other 3 yet.

Also just noticed daneos post and there is a stargate remake coming out as a trilogy (replacing the original cast aswell) i've watched everything to do with it from the first film right through to the last episode of universe so thats a reboot im looking forward to.

I'd also like to see the twilight reign series of books into a movie along with the saga of seven suns books, they would all make epic films or tv series (saga of seven suns is basically game of thrones in space)

Last edited:

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Since on subject of books into films. Anyone read the charlie parker books, most a quite gritty and make great films. I am a real fan of the graham Masterson books too, certainly a lot more scary than the paranormal activity films.