Is it the right time for a new server?

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Hi,

Is it the right time for me to lurch a server ATM? There aren't many about ATM but ident Ben going live with a new one soon?

Just trying to work out the best time to go live 1/2 months or wait ??

Thanks

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
To be honest what sort of question is this?

If your server is decent then people will play regardless of when its opened.

Dk

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Tbh I'm just trying to find out if there is any servers going love soon?

Timing is everything when lunching a server with only so many players playing Mir now.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
is this a serious thread? i wouldnt play a server made by someone who cant spell live or launching =/

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Dont think you should worry about when other peoples servers are going live.. if your servers ready and your ready, then go live.

If your server is good enough people will stick with it

our server is scheduled to be released around end of September

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
There's a couple coming soon. As stated timing doesn't really matter, its the quality of the server. Good servers prevail :)

Tracy

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 1, 2014
any time is good, there are a lot of servers coming up in c# files

you need to be able to code really, to stand out and be diffrent from the rest

not sure if you have seen bon's thread thats c# and seem custom coded but useing standed mobs/maps etc looks sweet, also there is lifco's server thats also custom everything hes even got custom mobs maps items skills all hand made, and myserver is also custom coded

so any time can be the right time to do a server

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
any time is good, there are a lot of servers coming up in c# files

you need to be able to code really, to stand out and be diffrent from the rest

not sure if you have seen bon's thread thats c# and seem custom coded but useing standed mobs/maps etc looks sweet, also there is lifco's server thats also custom everything hes even got custom mobs maps items skills all hand made, and myserver is also custom coded

so any time can be the right time to do a server
What are you on about? lifco hasnt created custom "hand made" mobs/skills... possibly some items or map skins sure...

I've really no idea what you mean by custom hand made so no point me even trying to defend my files frm your comment.

Tracy

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 1, 2014
I was saying your server is sweet and looks good ?

I can tell you have not played lifco's server then or you would know what im talking about

and anyways who cares my server is out soon, all i was saying was anytime for a server can be a good time

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer

I can tell you have not played lifco's server then or you would know what im talking about

and anyways who cares my server is out soon, all i was saying was anytime for a server can be a good time

speaking of a mates only server..
im gona speak to lifco about this.. and im sure he gona ban you..

Tracy

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 1, 2014
Myth hon i know lifco stated not talk about his server in hes rules

But we are on lomcn, and probley 10% play anyways if not more, and probley 50% know about it

Its not like area 51 top secret

And anyways that facebook mod was also helped by me you know

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

can you post a screenshot of a handmade monster please?

Im genuinely interested to see a monster designed from scratch, if its true this a huge step for mir, i mean we alryd have some people capable of designing and creating items, weapons and kind of armours... maps are easy so the only thing missing would be monsters. Could basically brand it as a brand new game as would be no copy right images then

Tracy = lifco lol
sure does talk like him

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Mates only server? sounds pretty carebearish to me! Obviously Lifco's got a uber set of bugged files he can only trust a limited number of people or its probably capped. Either way false promises from him, myth & heaven. All one thing in common, they talk about it, but never really follow through. One server & they think they know it all. All 3 servers have run, and then the sequel just never happens.

Heaven, if you want to release it god dam release it... been waiting over 4 years for you to release mir project x or whatever you called it before! If you've got it release it but dont advertise it for 4 yeas and then ask if we're ready!!!!

Reactions: helpmeplay

wanghui

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 29, 2014
This looks interesting, thanks for bringing it up. Apparently the Kickstarter tanked hard, glad to see they persevered.

sabswx

LOMCN Leecher
Nov 25, 2014
Obviously Lifco's got a uber set of bugged files he can only trust a limited number of people or its probably capped. Either way false promises from him, myth & heaven.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
This looks interesting, thanks for bringing it up. Apparently the Kickstarter tanked hard, glad to see they persevered.
what what what? someone used kickstarter to try fund a mir server? lol.. link!