DarkSouls Mir3 Server now in BetaTest

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
Hi everyone, DarkSouls server will be open soon for beta test. Its still quite raw atm, Its a low-med rate server. Ive tried to remove the usual start in bichon run of the mill game.

From the beta test i would appreciate your feed back good or bad, I am aiming for a long term server. This is my First server and i realize i cant please everyone and in today's environment. I am learning as i go so this server will evolve over time..

Any questions please leave a comment

Cheers Dark

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK
Re: DarkSouls Mir3 Server BetaTest soon

Post a few things that the server has mate, Or what you are aiming to do.

Always here to help if needed.

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014

DarkSouls Mir3:-

There is a webpage www.darksoulsmir3.co.uk being worked on atm, Also a forum i will post address later.

Client :- Sting3g 3.55 Files + Various other client files

Exp Rate 0-60 med rate solo able with a grp hunting 60+ in mind and controlled exp rate (low)
Max lvl will be 255, but you wont reach this lvl
Pvp will be lvl 20+

Based on sting3g files:-

new mounts
new Armour's
new items
new mobs
all items have been restated up to lvl 110 (beta testing required)

All quests have been removed, and are being rebuilt as per area.

Game will be based on 3 areas with quests 0-60, quests are optional, but you will need to complete 1 to leave area and move on.

Bichon has been revamped and shops introduced and will be lvl 60+

all towns have been removed so there are no dead maps, and all caves are being reworked with new mobs where possible.

Sabukwall is still available and being implemented into new game layout.

Beta test will be from lvl 0-60. Feed back from this will be taken on board and where possible implemented.

I am a mir2/3 euro player, having played many servers from low rate to high rate, decided to try bring a server with a diff layout and feel. Im trying to keep the pvp game play aswell as bring back grp hunting..

If you have any questions please ask as im not good at this server selling lol :)

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014

Due to unforeseen circumstances i have to delay the beta release for another week... latest will be Saturday 27th. I have more time off next week to finalize a few things and fix a few bugs i know of.. sorry for the delay, but im hoping it will be up for you before this, but latest will be 27th. Webpage and forum will all fall inline with this aswell as server Team speak.

Sorry for the delay
Darksouls,,

---------- Post Merged on 21-09-2014 at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 18-09-2014 at 09:45 PM ----------

For those wishing to join in beta test please register on forum so i can see what kind of interest there might be..

http://www.darksoulsmir3.co.uk/Forum/

Cheers Darksouls

---------- Post Merged on 23-09-2014 at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 21-09-2014 at 04:36 PM ----------

Client now available on forum. Please note server is still being heavily worked on so expect Short reboots here and there..

DarkSouls

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:15 PM ----------

There is a problem with google drive so im uploading another copy to to bt cloud... very slow to up load.. soon as its done i will post a link on forum.

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Ok i have added 3 links to the client. Please use which ever is best for you, thou i think BT is slowest.

Forum :- http://www.darksoulsmir3.co.uk/Forum/

Look forward to seeing you in game :)

DarkSouls

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
Beta Test Now Open

Up For testing. Get Client from :-

Happy testing.

---------- Post Merged on 24-09-2014 at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 23-09-2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

I wish to thank those who are on and testing, feed back on server so far has been very positive..

If your interested in testing please visit the forum for a client :-

Beta will be short maybe 1 week before live.. Depending on fixes and bug reports.

Cheers
DarkSouls

Last edited by a moderator:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
il give it a go buddy, il let you no any bugs, will there be a wipe if no major bugs are found??

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:09 PM ----------

this seems much too low rate to properly test m8 =/
10 yetis to get to level 2?

i might be able to test 40 spells and kit in 3 months lol

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
You gave it how long? people are lvl 59 in beta and over 40 in less than 3 days play.. Think 10 mins on a server is hardly a way to rate a server... Its not a high rate server.. but over lvl 40 in 3 days hardly a slow progress...

Rate your experience on more than killing 10 mobs..

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
then obviously the ones i killed are out of sync of the other mobs??? lol

Darkheartz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2012
I understand what jaffar is saying, this is a beta test and you can't test anything lol. I tried and it took me almost 15 minutes just to get to level 2, you are talking about people being level 50+ in beta, i don't believe that lol. What jaffar is saying is that you can't beta test something you can't level in. Just his opinion. I know this isin't a high rate server, but you can't expect anything to be beta tested when it takes 1 hour to hit level 5, you don't get your first spell as a wizard till 7

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
I have reduced exp required to get to lvl 10, should be fairly fast now. Also 10-20 ive altered the exp needed each lvl so its not a mental grind.. like it was before..

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I have reduced exp required to get to lvl 10, should be fairly fast now. Also 10-20 ive altered the exp needed each lvl so its not a mental grind.. like it was before..

it shouldnt be a grind of any kind on a beta test m8 =X
and thanks for listening to someone elses opinion but not mine xD

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
It was more of a miss understanding in communication.. Hands up on my behalf, I didn't realize exp per lvl was set as high as it was for lesser lvls. But the beta was also to test how fast people was lvln from 0-60 aswell as bugs etc..

It is a dying game, but i still like playing it.. Reason for the server.. I am my own worst enemy because im new at this and instead of just releasing a ready made client like is mostly the norm.. Ive changed so much creating way too much work lol.. Still eventually i will get there..

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
Its one of the best pvp rpg games ive ever played.. and i have alot of good memories for this game.. Just trying to keep the dream alive with all the other well made servers out there... :)

And im glad people like you and IdaBigA are still around to help... it is alot of hard work for us novice server builders :P

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Hey Mick I think he's calling us "OLD" hands lol
I help when and where I can, good luck with the server.
As for testing some owners set multiple exp during beta so can be properly tested and then have as wipe afterwards, maybe that is what is being called for? :)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey Mick I think he's calling us "OLD" hands lol
I help when and where I can, good luck with the server.
As for testing some owners set multiple exp during beta so can be properly tested and then have as wipe afterwards, maybe that is what is being called for? :)

indeed, i do wanna play a mir server but at the moment im doing loads of overtime so i dont have the hours to waste grinding >.<

DarkSouls

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 27, 2014
Ill up the exp in abit i will just increase the server rate to x16 for the beta time period

---------- Post Merged on 29-09-2014 at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-09-2014 at 05:23 PM ----------

Just an update from beta, Feed back been good, Server been reporting lag free which is a good sign also and all bugs and suggestions been implemented where possible, Due to player concerns over Orc and Mino island, Im rewoking a new Island with 5 caves that will range from 20-60. the map is bigger and will fit in better.. I will implement some classic mobs and bosses and tone them down to suit. Bichon will be taking on a completely new form, but will implement the pvp aspect of the book shop area :) lol

Again thanks to those who are playing and testing.. Please keep the suggestions coming..

Dark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.