Forged Phoenix [Heroes] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
FORGED 3.jpg

PC Specs: Intel Pentium 1.8 Ghz
4GB Ram
Windows 8
Internet: 60MB Virgin Media Broadband
Game files: Heroes
Start Gold: 0
Start Level: 1
Rate: Medium

Download: http://mir.smir.co.uk/forgedmir/
Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sapwcvcvj9trb5/Legend%20of%20Mir%20-%20Forged%20Phoenix.rar?dl=0
Patch (Required until I re-upload full client) - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=59653...15535B28%21105

Hello! This server has been in development for some time and now I feel it is finally stable and ready enough to be put online. My main thoughts on making a server were to make something new and exciting, and to try and abandon as many 'Euro Mir' concepts as possible. I wanted to do this because I believe the standard world of Euro Mir has long past its sell-by date and that there generally isn't too much new stuff introduced. So with that in mind I've introduced a Pokemon concept to Mir, along with a bunch of other concepts from various other games for example the Legend of Zelda.

Pokeballs◘ In this new land of Mir people have discovered an ancient technology called Pokeballs. These mysterious balls drop from all over the land. Once you have aquired a Pokeball, Ultraball or a Noviceball you merely need to equip it, and go searching for wild monsters! If you see a monster with 'Wild' before its usual name then this is your time to shine. Make the monster faint by attacking it and you will be prompted to catch it while it is weak. There are various monsters across the land that you can catch and they become more powerful once you have caught them.

Completely new world◘ Although there may be many maps that people are familiar with, these will not be what you expect. The monsters may be different, or have different names. They may be accessible through different means to what you are used to, or in fact you may encounter some old maps that have simply had a re vamp.

The rate◘ The exp rate of Forged Phoenix is (at a guess) about Mid. I have customized all of the exp so it will be hard to tell, but my idea behind the exp is that you never feel like you've stopped dead and are grinding for about 0.02% experience. Instead I have added a stead and constant exp rate to all caves.

GameGold◘ There currently is no Game Gold on offer in Forged Phoenix until I have thought of a fair way of dealing with it (Meaning no pay to win, but being rewarded for donations) Donations would be used to go towards a dedicated server, and advertising.

There is also the introduction of armor plates which drop all over the land. These are bonus armour that go into your candle slot which actually customize your player, to give them a new cool look and some nice bonus stats.
plates.jpg

screen1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ad 4.png

A Massive thank-you to all the of the people who contributed to coding these files to be released for free public use. Mir2 has come a LONG way because of these people devoting their time and effort into these files. I'd name names, but there's simply too many to name. Anyone who has every helped or contributed to any kind of server creator deserves some praise. Also a huge thank-you to Martyn for helping by hosting my server files.

iceking2k10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2010
Re: Welcome, to Forged Phoenix online (MIR2 Heroes)

dl now looks ok maybe a little more info 2.5gb not bad hope to see some more people in gl see u ingame

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010

Downloading now been waiting for this for awhile now :D

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff

My internet seems to have gone down. Virgin media for you! These disconnects don't normally last long, i will update when its back up. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff

Internets back. Seems to be going nice and fast again. Apologies for the sudden downtime. Virgin media love to do this now and again :/

Server should be up and running.

helpmeplay

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 21, 2005

Be nice have SZ so guy that clearly geeked all last night dont pk every single new player, who clearly knows where all kit and pet npc are and fact the TT is called safehaven yet its not.

Bit annoying specialy when trying find way around...

If see Hazard he likes pking every new player so if you start be careful...

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff

Safezone will be added today, Will reboot at about 9 O clock and it will take effect. The only pet NPC there is is in the Safe Haven town center, the rest of pets come from Pokeballs or Mystery pets

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012

Downloaded to have a look, but when I open the exe it opens as if its in windowed mode, which stops me from being able to make an account etc. How does one go about fixing this?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Try to change in the mirclient.ini

FullScreen=0
to
FullScreen=1

/Mitsos

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa

ip for this server?

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND

However its pointless playing on another client as everything is custom. You won't see ****.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff

However its pointless playing on another client as everything is custom. You won't see ****.

Yeah this is true, although I think if you just download the map & data patch you should be able to see the majority of stuff from ingame.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Im not trying to insult you or anything but have u actually tested anything at your own server? I can see you have put a lot of effort on various things but u have completely missed the point of a mir server which is hunting and on that part your server doesnt even feel like its on alpha stage let alone beta or even live.

I played for 90mins and noticed all these. Not sure how u missed them when u have been working on this server for so damn long.

-How are we supposed to understand where to hunt? Ye i know "exploring" "running arround" blablabla but ur caves have messed up stats and exp that doesnt make sense.
-Mines seem like 1 of the first places a noob will visit yet they have euro drops. Why on a fully custom server with custom items there are euro items still in drops let alone on the 1st cave a noob will go?
-99% of the server just run on the right direction. First bit of your safezone is fine and easy considering drops and difficulty. Then you enter a small area with keratoids slightly harder slightly better exp. Then u enter the top right corner cave. BOOM. 10x difficulty and 10x exp.....
-Oma cave is very easy yet gives same exp as the previous hard place and the one thats bottom right of the map (pranja like cave)
-You have 4 floors in oma cave which is probably the 2nd cave ppl will enter yet this is again messed up. 1st floor is you server's cave. Every other floor has euro mobs and drops...lol
-You gather 50k and go to ther province on the left side. Mobs there rape and you think ok perhaps its for really higher lvls. You decide to try WT just for jokes and....suddenly its so easy you can kill as fast as in oma cave and get double exp.
-All pots look the same. Nice one on that.

Why couldnt you just put a tele npc for caves with suggested levels next to them and let ppl actually hunt the way you want them to hunt? That would even make bug reporting easier since right now you have no clue where u are supposed to hunt at what level and considering mob stats and exp seem like random numbers in this server it just makes no sense.

No offence but this server isnt even close to beta stage.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff

Im not trying to insult you or anything but have u actually tested anything at your own server? I can see you have put a lot of effort on various things but u have completely missed the point of a mir server which is hunting and on that part your server doesnt even feel like its on alpha stage let alone beta or even live.

I played for 90mins and noticed all these. Not sure how u missed them when u have been working on this server for so damn long.

-How are we supposed to understand where to hunt? Ye i know "exploring" "running arround" blablabla but ur caves have messed up stats and exp that doesnt make sense.
-Mines seem like 1 of the first places a noob will visit yet they have euro drops. Why on a fully custom server with custom items there are euro items still in drops let alone on the 1st cave a noob will go?
-99% of the server just run on the right direction. First bit of your safezone is fine and easy considering drops and difficulty. Then you enter a small area with keratoids slightly harder slightly better exp. Then u enter the top right corner cave. BOOM. 10x difficulty and 10x exp.....
-Oma cave is very easy yet gives same exp as the previous hard place and the one thats bottom right of the map (pranja like cave)
-You have 4 floors in oma cave which is probably the 2nd cave ppl will enter yet this is again messed up. 1st floor is you server's cave. Every other floor has euro mobs and drops...lol
-You gather 50k and go to ther province on the left side. Mobs there rape and you think ok perhaps its for really higher lvls. You decide to try WT just for jokes and....suddenly its so easy you can kill as fast as in oma cave and get double exp.
-All pots look the same. Nice one on that.

Why couldnt you just put a tele npc for caves with suggested levels next to them and let ppl actually hunt the way you want them to hunt? That would even make bug reporting easier since right now you have no clue where u are supposed to hunt at what level and considering mob stats and exp seem like random numbers in this server it just makes no sense.

No offence but this server isnt even close to beta stage.

Well I guess that's your opinion. Plenty of other people are enjoying it and seem to be happy with it. People report the bugs to me and I've been fixing them, it's really not that big of a deal. There's plenty of caves that aren't bugged so the bugged ones don't really get in the way. Yeah, not having a cave teleport is to make people explore, rather than just having everything spoon fed to them. The point of all the different caves near Safe haven is to let you hunt wherever you want, all of the caves will become obsolete once you actuallyleave the play, I just added so many to add some variety instead of being directed to one cave for x amount of levels.

Appreciate the opinions though, balancing is pretty hard anyway

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff

Sorry guys. Virgin media at it again
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk