mmkay

smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I need some friends on my new account. I hadn't played ranked on it in months so they demoted me to like Silver 5, got back up to Silver 2 pretty quick and pleasant but now I've hit a brick wall with trolls

Name: immos

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
add Kori and also add Vivi

Vivi's my smurf, i'll play a few games with you when I can.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
In my opinion Ez isnt the greatest ADC to carry with in low ELO but he is fun so do what you gotta do, maybe look at picking up lucian or tris though.

Yasuo is a strong pick but I think unless you are mechanically quite good you shouldn't pick him without another source of knock up in your team because often proccing 2 Q's in a fight is difficult and and takes too long. Also he did recently get nerfed but in honesty it only really affects him in lane very early.

Garen is strong atm. Buy warmogs and roll face - you can push top and stay there all game, at some point you will be tanky enough and regen enough hp out of combat that they wil probably need to send 2 people to deal with you, at which time you want to be pining your team to push somewhere else or get Dragon. Gragas is also a good toplaner IMO but don't build him full AP. He is better played as a disruptive tank as he offers a shitton of utility.

If I were you though I would try to get jungle and carry yourself out of silver that way. Early this season I came through bronze and silver in the jungle playing mainly Vi J4 and Lee Sin. Vi and J4 are very strong picks in any-ones hands to be fair, provided you are decent with decision making. If you get fed on Vi you can quite literally 1v9 carry the game & building her full on assassin is awesome fun. Lee Sin is super strong but out of the 3 I would say he is the hardest to play well. He does require an element of mechanical skill if you want to be making flashy plays, but to be fair you don't need to make flashy plays in 9 out of 10 games - I got caught out with this a lot and was too focused on trying to make crazy plays and insec EVERYONE ALL THE TIME, then I realised that I was being a noob and now I win a lot more lol. Kha'Zix is also a great pick.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Tom don't go off my latest games lol they are mostly complete troll. I don't even know why Yasuo is in my top 5 played champs. The previous 10 included an 8 win streak xD

Also I can beat any adc with Ez he doesn't really have a counter, although Lucian is difficult.

Trist is usually banned but yeah Garen seems strong atm

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
honestly doesn't matter what you play.

Just

1) Mute everyone ingame when you get ingame.

2) don't talk in chat

3) play your favourite champs, so Ezreal if you enjoy playing Ezreal. Don't worry about "counter-picks". No such thing exists in Silver. Picking the "OP's" works if you only know how to play that champion. If you do, go right ahead. imo Twitch is a soloQ god. You can cause so much havoc across the map with stealth kills, enemy team will rage at each other - probably my first choice of adc if I wanted to climb fast but I've played a lot of games with Twitch :P

You'll get gold+ pretty easily tbh. As long as you're focusing on improving you will climb. If you get mad or angry at the trolls they'll pull you down with them. Also look to see what your weaknesses are. CSing? Positioning in fights? Tunnel visioning? Everyone has weaknesses. Mine is most likely tunnel visioning as an ADC, to which I'll try to find a support who can help remedy this or focus on looking at the minimap more.

Yes trolls and retards exist but at that elo, you can easily climb yourself out with your own mindset/skills it just takes a wee bit of grinding.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
My downfall is definitely being stubborn and not muting people xD I am a massive keyboard warrior when provoked.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
My downfall is definitely being stubborn and not muting people xD I am a massive keyboard warrior when provoked.

Mute everyone when you get in-game and don't type and I can promise you'll win more games because of it. Happened to me and a bunch of friends when we first started playing. You learn to just ignore/deal with it. Fact of the matter is, if you're typing back then you're wasting time in-game. Could be getting cs, could be looking at the mini-map, could be getting an objective. etc. Literally typing in League is pointless, smart-pings do everything you need to say. Also by not typing back and muting the troll, it stops the argument. 90% of "trolls" in League still want to win, but they just can't handle THEM not carrying the game so they go on tilt and for some bizarre reason try to tilt the rest of the team.

I finish work at 9 tonight so I may pop on for a game afterwards, otherwise 6:30pm tomorrow onwards i'll be on.