Best files to use at the moment?

smoochy boys on tour

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Fancy moving my server over to some new files to work on, whats available?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
My opinion... C# they are becoming a very set of files thanks to Far, but they are missing a lot of features

Heroes are ready to play files.. with a lot of nice features

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Fancy moving my server over to some new files to work on, whats available?

C# - If you want to spend a long time coding required features for your Server Files
Ruby - Stable, Korean base, Closed source with some bugs but can be worked around (I believe?)
Heroes - Stable, Custom base (Mix of Mir2 Chinese+Korean + some Mir3), Open Source with some bugs that can be worked around

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
C# - If you want to spend a long time coding required features for your Server Files
Ruby - Stable, Korean base, Closed source with some bugs but can be worked around (I believe?)
Heroes - Stable, Custom base (Mix of Mir2 Chinese+Korean + some Mir3), Open Source with some bugs that can be worked around

Are the C# files ready to go? what are they missing? Mine are on Heroes atm but didnt fancy using heroes if i ever released. Not much has really changed in a year or so then which is probably why most server are low rate :/

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Are the C# files ready to go? what are they missing? Mine are on Heroes atm but didnt fancy using heroes if i ever released. Not much has really changed in a year or so then which is probably why most server are low rate :/

C# Only files worth using way to many cheat's avaliable to ruby and hero's. c# Seems really smooth aswell

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
C# Only files worth using way to many cheat's avaliable to ruby and hero's. c# Seems really smooth aswell

what he said, all files will just be cheated on or are just **** n buggy :S best waiting for C# i guess

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Seems as if Mir's hit a brick wall server creation wise... people have there own little teams working on there own little projects and few sets of broken files around none really good enough to make a server with unless you use 2.3 files. Whose going to want to make a server when the only files available are buggy unless you have a good coder on your team, back in the 1.9/2.3 days there was loads of servers no coding needed and the files worked ok :RpS_sad:

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthre...n-of-available-files-2014&p=936483#post936483 Sam's thread pretty much sums it all up :/

Heroes
Ruby
C#
AppleM2
Official AI's
IncompleteSupportedSupportedNot Supported
RDBMS (MSSQL)
Not SupportedSupportedSupported
Not Supported
Assassin
IncompleteSupportedIncompleteNot Supported
Archer
Not SupportedNot SupportedIncompleteNot Supported
Mounts
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Dark/Light
Not SupportedSupported
Supported
Not Supported
Quest system
Not SupportedSupported
Not SupportedSupported
Hero pets
SupportedSupported
Not SupportedNot Supported
Fishing
Not SupportedSupported
Auto pots
SupportedNot SupportedNot SupportedSupported
Official spells
IncompleteSupported
IncompleteNot Supported
Gameshop
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Windowed mode
Supported
Player stalls
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Weather effects
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Map magic
Supported
Supported
Elemental stats
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Custom Skill Scripts
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Dual Skills (Heroes)
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Combo skills
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Custom mob scripts
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Gem crafting
Supported
SupportedNot SupportedNot Supported
Socket items
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Mir3 Maps
Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Not Supported
Trustmerchant
Not Supported
wzl library
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Supported
miz library
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Supported
Latest Mir2/Mir3 Lib
Not Supported
Not Supported
SupportedNot Supported
Most NPC Commands
Supported
Supported
IncompleteNot Supported
Official interface
Not SupportedSupported
Supported
Not Supported
Anti bot mining
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Marriage system
Supported
Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Master/Slave system
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Friend System
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Mailing system
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Guild wars
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Sabuk Wars
Supported
Supported
Not SupportedSupported
Guild level system
Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Crafting system
Supported
SupportedNot SupportedSupported
Anti speed hack
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Anti weight hack
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Anti light hack
Not Supported
Not Supported
Supported
Not Supported
Multi Language Client
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Not Supported
Resolution
1024x768800x6001024x768 1024x768
Graphical Engine
24-bit
8-bit
32-bit32-bit
Stable user count
150300-400UntestedUntested
Development state
Not activeActive
Unknown
Not active
Storage mechFile basedMSSQLMSSQLFile based
Known issues
-Unstable with high user count.
-PVP bug (Shift + Run).
-32-bit graphical engine bugs.
-Number of high risk security floors.
-Hacks/cheat engines available.
-Unstable with high user count (rumored, forever seemed fine).
-Closed source.
-Sticky bug (Stuck on spot, can't move, can't tt, can't do anything).
-Unstable.
-Olds bugs (fixed in other versions) and incorrect values need adjusting.
-PVP Bug(Shift + Run)
-Packet loss.
-Corrupt image reading (makes client flash)
-Cheats/Hacks available.
-Incomplete systems.

Supported - Known feature and working in comparison to other sets of files.
Not Supported - Known feature and not working/not planning on being supported.
Incomplete - In progress, being worked on.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Seems as if Mir's hit a brick wall server creation wise... people have there own little teams working on there own little projects and few sets of broken files around none really good enough to make a server with unless you use 2.3 files. Whose going to want to make a server when the only files available are buggy unless you have a good coder on your team, back in the 1.9/2.3 days there was loads of servers no coding needed and the files worked ok :RpS_sad:

The Mir scene has changed, gone are the days where people release Custom files. If you want to release a server you need to have some coding ability to keep up with everyone else. I can't imagine Mir going back to the days when groups work for free to release files that other people take and in most case do half assed servers for a month or so (not everyone obviously)

Btw guys I dunno where you got the idea that C# is cheat free, it's cheat free at the moment and that's only because no long term server is actually live and using them. People can and will code cheats for it once it means they'll make a little money

Shank if you're really interested in running a server with little to no coding Heroes is probably your best bet, though speed cheating is pretty rampant in Mir nowadays and I'm not sure Heroes deals with it too well

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
If you are looking to host a server and can't/don't want to code, then I would recommend the Ruby files, they are the most up to date with Korean Mir2 and I believe Kyndig is about to start working on them again.

If you are looking to host a server and you can/have a coder, then the Heroes set of files is still the most up to date, fully functional set of files that is open source.

If you can code and want a slightly different coding experience, then I would wait for the C# set of files, however, bare in mind that C# is just another Object Orientated Language and gives little more than slightly faster code execution, static classes and a garbage collector over Delphi... Its no more secure than the Delphi files and this is because of the architecture of the game (you have to release a client, anything that is released can be reversed engineered in minutes (although that probably isn't needed because the code is open source) and because it is a game it uses a timer and no timer is 100% secure).

I don't expect to see any C# servers up until the beginning of next year at least, and I think (and this is only my opinion) the first server up is going to find out the hard way that the files need months of testing before they should go live.

Sam

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
As everyone has already said. Although C# files are really smooth and easy to setup / edit, they are incomplete and can't be expected to be ran without serious programming and time. Both Bon and DK's servers have been adding the required features to it for months. It's still a long way off being ready for anyone to pick up and use, but i look forward to the day it is ready, and is the most used set of files.

Also Sam, wrong thread but can you update your thread to include mounts and fishing on c# please when you get chance

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
As everyone has already said. Although C# files are really smooth and easy to setup / edit, they are incomplete and can't be expected to be ran without serious programming and time. Both Bon and DK's servers have been adding the required features to it for months. It's still a long way off being ready for anyone to pick up and use, but i look forward to the day it is ready, and is the most used set of files.

Also Sam, wrong thread but can you update your thread to include mounts and fishing on c# please when you get chance

Yeah, we should "touch base" and update the list as it is out of date now.

Sam

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You'd know right?

Lol, he's not wrong though?

It's like being paid your wages and sharing it with everyone else lol.

Money is what makes the world go round, why not get paid for work you've put in?

On topic, i've played all versions, i've found C# to be the most playable in terms of lag, speed and attacks actually landing when they should. By far ahead of other files, but stable wise and work wise, what everyone else has said. Heroes if you can code, Ruby if not.

Personally, I think once C# is up and playable, it will dominate the server market (Hardly a market atm, but you get my meaning lol). I was actually thinking of creating one, but honestly i'd thought it would be a waste of time once Bon and DK finish their servers haha

Last edited:

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
Personal preference is Heroes atm. Though I'm hungry to look at C#, burning a hole on my storage.

Problem with Mir is, Ruby comes along, there's a mass of dev, everyone feels warm and fuzzy, some dev on their own a tad further, then something else comes along. Heroes is kinda the same, masses of great dev, nice warm feelings, things go stagnant, some dev on their own so there's some forks to versions. Then Apple, bunch of people work together, then split up, people work on their own, whilst the people watching the dev are probably waiting at this point for C# to come along. It's still going to have problems cos the open status was great, lots of great work done by many people, but I can see forks coming. Along the way, the people who dev'd on their own release their old source, which whilst great, is still older versions and is found to contain a number of bugs they didn't look at - whilst many knew about them.

It's all a mess. It's too bad ya'll can't keep everything open and work together. :p So much talent working on their own things.

And I don't mean everyone release their server setups, just the basics. Most people edit the editable anyway.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Anyone wanna sell a nice set of files? If noone these days is willing to release on a mir community forum I dont mind buying?

It's a shame to see mir so dead server wise and people limited to 2/3 servers... if there was a stable set of files people would make good servers like they used too and alot of people wouldnt mind about coding stuff.

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
yer and ruin his income, hardly going to happen.

Thats not a dig at Sam, but merely a statement of truth lol.

No offence but why don't you release Three/fourheroes files? they are more up to date than ruby / heroes and proven to be stable, plus its not like its going to effect your 10 users, and your working on a new set of files anyway.

You've always said you would release them and i doubt server creators care how difficult they are to use. Its only mir after all.