Torrents.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Well with the demise of a few torrent sites and the current crackdown a lot of public sites are gone.

I used to be a member of a few private torrent sites before I disappeared off the internet for about a year and lost my memberships due to inactivity!

So are any of you members of any private torrent sites and can recommend any?

Failing that are newsgroups still decent? Are there better alternatives?

Cheers in advance!

Haytham

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2014
Well with the demise of a few torrent sites and the current crackdown a lot of public sites are gone.

I used to be a member of a few private torrent sites before I disappeared off the internet for about a year and lost my memberships due to inactivity!

So are any of you members of any private torrent sites and can recommend any?

Failing that are newsgroups still decent? Are there better alternatives?

Cheers in advance!

https://oldpiratebay.org/ :)

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Cheers for the replies, I use a VPN for country blocks only just recently had a use for one though and it comes in handy! Never really been a fan of kickass torrents but hey, when needs must!

None of you been using news groups then?

Torrentday.com is a pretty good private torrent tracker, just no invite for it and no account any more due to inactivity.

SuperTorrents.org shut down, and some staff brought out Stellarwinds.me, which has also shut down. It does seem as another one has popped up to replace them which is AlphaRatio, seems registries are open as well so get an account : https://alpharatio.cc/register.php

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
private torrent tracker i expect. Never seen the point in them myself when there are perfectly good public ones which don't expect seeding.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
The good thing about this Private tracker is that they have Global Freeleech 60% of the time, I've never really uploaded (I have an upload of 0.7mbps).

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I also have invites for a private torrent site (AcidLounge) currently have 3 available invites. If you aint willing to seed what you leach or follow the sites rules dont bother asking me for an invite. However I can pretty much guarantee this is one of the best out there. Tight little community too.