How do maps read tiles/objects?

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
For a map to read tiles dose the image have to be in same place it was to make the map? or can the image just be inside the WIL and it will find it?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Has to be in the same WIL on the same index

Fml -.- Thanks mate.

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Just a little lost here but could someone explain this for please
37mls.png

Basiclly what i been doing is converting all tiles/objects from SGL (woool), i get the what lil said about the correct file and idx but would that make every single map look the same? i mass exported all images into WIL which i know is not the correct order they should be in and would show different but would it make every map look the same? I assume the White parts means it's found no image, not sure about the green, i guess that should be black?.

The only thing i can think of why all maps are looking the same is the SGL file idx number started differently? i know Mir is 00000 and woool i assume is 0000 as that what it starts from in sgl editor.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Are you loading woool map files? Is the map editor coded to read woool map files?

Am loading woool maps but they are .map format, they orginally started with .map but converted to nmp, just managed to find them today so am trying to see if i can get them to work. Woool was built upon Mir so i assumed that these would work.

I know it's reading something as i tried opening maps without tiles or objects and i get nothing show on screen.

Last edited:

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
If its showing every map as the same size and looks then i expect the formats are different

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
If its showing every map as the same size and looks then i expect the formats are different

Oh no i don't mean size and looks, it shows the map perfectly, it's just always green on the outside and white on the inside
1zvqtfs.png

Seems only the SmTiles is being read at the moment, could explain why the tiles are just plain white?

zhimingcom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2011
it seems like logic map, it shows which tile you can pass or not