Buying a laptop.

smoochy boys on tour

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Evening guys, basically after 10month of not playing mir im looking to make a return to Chronicles. My issue is I no longer have room for a desktop pc in my new home forcing me to buy a laptop.

My budget is pretty tight (around £230) I missed out on a crazily cheap gaming laptop that sold for 220 earlier due to being at work, im wondering if anyone knows of a laptop perfectly capable of running chronicles due to its graphical demand. Im struggling to have any luck bidding on ebay tbh, anyones suggestions and input would be nice.

Thanks.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Evening guys, basically after 10month of not playing mir im looking to make a return to Chronicles. My issue is I no longer have room for a desktop pc in my new home forcing me to buy a laptop.

My budget is pretty tight (around £230) I missed out on a crazily cheap gaming laptop that sold for 220 earlier due to being at work, im wondering if anyone knows of a laptop perfectly capable of running chronicles due to its graphical demand. Im struggling to have any luck bidding on ebay tbh, anyones suggestions and input would be nice.

Thanks.

Anything costing that amount of money isn't "Gaming" hardware of any sort :P I spend more than that on Laptop purchases for my Sales Reps to run Microsoft Office software lol, and i'm pretty sure they could run Mir with ease.

You won't need a lot to run Chronicles, there is no "Graphical Demand"

Last edited:

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I managed to get a decent one on the cheap from ebay lucky bidding i guess.

Chronicles does have a graphical demand hence why so many people previously had very bad 'sluggish' gaming experience. I myself had the same issue when it was 'AceM2' but after upgrading my GPU it ran smooth as ever. (i no longer have that pc)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I managed to get a decent one on the cheap from ebay lucky bidding i guess.

Chronicles does have a graphical demand hence why so many people previously had very bad 'sluggish' gaming experience. I myself had the same issue when it was 'AceM2' but after upgrading my GPU it ran smooth as ever. (i no longer have that pc)

Yes but those are people running Windows XP, which is the standard for 10 year outdated hardware.

Basic hardware bought TODAY, can run this with ease.

I don't talk about graphical demand 10 years back, which it may well do. But todays standard hardware which is part of any standard purchase will not find this game graphically demanding.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Worth baring in mind the client is nowhere near as resource demanding as it was 10 months ago with the amount of engine improvements we added

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Anything costing that amount of money isn't "Gaming" hardware of any sort :P I spend more than that on Laptop purchases for my Sales Reps to run Microsoft Office software lol, and i'm pretty sure they could run Mir with ease.

Same! That's why I didn't bother replying to this before.

As for the one Jealy posted I'm not really a fan of those cheap HP's with AMD processors, I bought a ProBook with an A6 for a client and thought it was really sluggish just doing basic stuff. Nice looking laptop though lol.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
The A series APUs are decent for gaming, for word processing, data crunching or heavy web browsing I wouldn't recommend.

barlow

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 26, 2015
With the tight budget, I would recommend you the Lenovo z50

---------- Post Merged at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Lenovo Z50 features:
AMD A10-7300 Quad-Core 1.9 GHz Processor
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
15.6-Inch Screen
Windows 8.1, 5-hour battery life

---------- Post Merged on 27-03-2015 at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 26-03-2015 at 09:04 AM ----------

This is probably a better site to recommend you some laptops on your budget, check it out. Acer is also good if you want..

Last edited by a moderator: