WWE Thread.

CrazyBear...

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
Hopefully we have some wrestling fans from past or present on this forum, I know many of us might have been brought up during the "Attitude Era" when we all pretended to be The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin, laying the smackdown on our friends at sleepovers.

Wrestlemania 31 will be on March 29th 2015 and the card is taking shape nicely, this might interest older fans as Sting will be in his first WWE match ever, 14 years since WCW was bought out by Vince McMahon , Sting refused to sign for the WWE, until now.

Marquee Match
Triple H v Sting

Obviously this match would have been more anticpated 14 years ago. Sting is in his mid 50's and Triple H is now semi retired but the chance to see Sting wrestle in the WWE might bring in alot of casual viewers. Nevertheless they should be able to put on a decent match for the viewers.

[video=youtube;evrEavZB-Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evrEavZB-Y4[/video]

World Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar, former UFC Champion is back with the WWE on a limited appearance based contract. After ending the Undertakers 21-0 streak at Wrestlemania 30 he then went on to become WWE champion beating John Cena at Summerslam. Brock Lesnar is now arguably the most dominant champion in over a decade.

His opponent, Roman Reigns won the royal rumble this year despite a backlash from the fans as there favourite wrestler, Daniel Bryan was elimated earlier in the match. The backlash has forced Vince's hand to make a match at the next PPV (Fastlane) between Reigns and Bryan for no.1 contender but it is almost 90% that Reigns will secure his place in the Wrestlemania main event. He is seen as the future of the company and natural successor to John Cena.

[video=youtube;i9ot1oIa42o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ot1oIa42o[/video]

Rumoured Match
The Undertaker v Bray Wyatt

The Undertaker is coming off the back on losing the 21-0 streak last year. There has been no sign of him since then but he always turns up at Wrestlemania. There is a new deranged character around these parts, Bray Wyatt. This could be seen as a passing of the torch, a chance to give Wyatt a rub that will cement him as a top heel for the next decade.

[video=youtube;0MsBsGc60ak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MsBsGc60ak[/video]

Let me know if you are a fan and what you think of the Wrestlemania card so far. There is still many matches to be decided. John Cena / Seth Rollins / Daniel Bryan / Randy Orton all main event talent with no direction as yet.

CrazyBear...

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
Triple H look old as fuck

Not as old as the undertaker.

the-undertaker-december-2014-1024x683.jpg

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I used to love watching wwf. My favourite was always kurt angle. What ever happened to him?

The triple h match looks good not sure id wanna pay £15 or whatever to watch it though.

Undertaker is boring now especially after brock ended his streak last year.

What is a marquee match? Fastest person to build a tent?

CrazyBear...

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
I used to love watching wwf. My favourite was always kurt angle. What ever happened to him?

The triple h match looks good not sure id wanna pay £15 or whatever to watch it though.

Undertaker is boring now especially after brock ended his streak last year.

What is a marquee match? Fastest person to build a tent?

Kurt Angle has been in TNA since 2005, it's a smaller florida based promotion with no travelling so it suits some wrestlers better who dont want to be on the road 300 days a year. I think he might return to the WWE at some point to finish his career on the biggest stage possible.

Agreed, the undertaker is finished, he needs to just retire.

The marquee match is the match they are selling the PPV on, it'll be the most heavily advertised match for the casuals. Whereas the actual wrestling fans will be more interested in Brock Lesnar / Daniel Bryan / Seth Rollins who they see as the future of the company.

Brock Lesnar might actually be going back to UFC as his contract is over the night after Wrestlemania. If he thinks he has unfinished business with Cain Velasquez he might leave and go back for one more shot, I know how poor the heavyweight division in UFC is right now. We will see.