Setting up new P Server

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Good Morning all

I am Currently looking to set up a new Wool server, i cant say i have done this before with Wool only Mir. So i'm on here to ask if anyone would play a wool server and to ask anyone that has any experience in wool would they be interested in helping?

Kindest regards
Liquidice

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
i cant help at all im afraid but i would definitely give it a try if you get that far :)

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
No worries Silva

I will defo get that far i have already spoken to the Mrs and she has no issue with it ha.

So watch this space hope to be up and running someday soon, even if i have to figure everything out for myself.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
I believe its the new ones you posted a couple of weeks ago are they the ones you would recommend ?

I'm still currently downloading the Client

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I assume you will use the 1.9 client, (recommended), there is a string of problems with the engine.

Skills disappears at Login, they don't delete, the user is unable to see them.
NPC disappears at Login, simply moving off screen fix's this.
Items disappears at Login.
MiniMap disappears at Login.

These are random, you may see it happen you may never see it happen, if your using the latests English exe's then the only problem you should have is the skills and npc's, the rest should be fixed i think.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
That's brilliant

Am i correct in thinking all the download links are correct now on your original post ?

Thanks

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
That's brilliant

Am i correct in thinking all the download links are correct now on your original post ?

Thanks

Yes the files where my latests release, i recently released the source code and just added it to first post. The client isn't 100% English, still needs more translations.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
brilliant mate thank you very much , i am new to this but i'm a quick learner so i'm sure i will come through a few problems to start with.

Hope you dont mind my posting questions every now and again ha.

Thanks

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
brilliant mate thank you very much , i am new to this but i'm a quick learner so i'm sure i will come through a few problems to start with.

Hope you dont mind my posting questions every now and again ha.

Thanks

No problem and good luck, il help when ever i can.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
and we start

on your original post you say the following

STEP 1
Installing Database [SQL 2008]
SQL Server Management Studio and login. (Can i ask where i find the logins ? or how do i create the new one)

Right Click Databases > Restore Databases...

Select From Devices and browse to CHERODB.bak (WolServer/DB/DBBack)

Select the last restore point

In To Database, type in CHERODB.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
and we start

on your original post you say the following

STEP 1
Installing Database [SQL 2008]
SQL Server Management Studio and login. (Can i ask where i find the logins ? or how do i create the new one)

Right Click Databases > Restore Databases...

Select From Devices and browse to CHERODB.bak (WolServer/DB/DBBack)

Select the last restore point

In To Database, type in CHERODB.

Sorry again forgot to add this part to first post but go to this
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?78259-Woool2-SQL-Server-Files/page8

Scroll down and you will see a post by me with screenshots on how to install SQL, this is where you create your instance ID and password, the username by default will be "sa".

I didn't really keep this topic very organised so you may want to read through it to see any information you might of missed.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
brill thanks again mate

---------- Post Merged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Ok mate ive got it all setup and everything seems to have connected fine when running the gamecentre.

No when i try and start the client it says "please start from client directory"
but i cant seem to find an exe ?

any ideas mate ?

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:51 PM ----------

can i also ask what the source codes you added do ?

Thanks

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
brill thanks again mate

---------- Post Merged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Ok mate ive got it all setup and everything seems to have connected fine when running the gamecentre.

No when i try and start the client it says "please start from client directory"
but i cant seem to find an exe ?

any ideas mate ?

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:51 PM ----------

can i also ask what the source codes you added do ?

Thanks

In the server files there should be a folder called "Client" with a exe. and a ini file, you need to put these into your woool client folder and run the game.

Source code is posted on the first page, need to use Delphi 2007.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
kk found the exe which is named longin and the server list

when i open it up it says dragon server is online but i still get the msg
please start from client directory ?

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Sorry my bad i wasnt opening with run as admin.

although now when i click the login button i receive the following msg

The program cant start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstalling the program to fix this problem ?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
kk found the exe which is named longin and the server list

when i open it up it says dragon server is online but i still get the msg
please start from client directory ?

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Sorry my bad i wasnt opening with run as admin.

although now when i click the login button i receive the following msg

The program cant start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstalling the program to fix this problem ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aokovaw2onyvscc/msvcr71.dll

Put it inside Data Folder, i removed it from client because most windows has this already and having two different versions gives a unknown error which gives you no idea what the problem is so removing it seem to be the logical idea at the time.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Wicked thanks very much mate I'm not I. The house at the moment will test it out as soon as I'm in.

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:23 PM ----------

OK mate looks like it should all work now, could you tell me how i create a new account ?

Thanks

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Wicked thanks very much mate I'm not I. The house at the moment will test it out as soon as I'm in.

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:23 PM ----------

OK mate looks like it should all work now, could you tell me how i create a new account ?

Thanks

Open the launcher, connect to your server and click "Register".

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Thats Brill :)

well ive sorted the server out so its all connectible when i want it to be, although obviously i have a lot of work to do with new quests items and translations. its going to be a work in progress and im not sure how long its gona take but i aim to make it an original server.

Sanity just want to say thank you again for your help mate, its much appreciated.