[C# Files] Apocalypse Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Has the popup box that you get when your fighting on a melee class while holding shift been removed?( the pop up box asking if you want to split pots/sunnys when you try to click a pot on belt while swinging)

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
looking forward to playing this :) hopefully I'll get some time to play, or at least bug test

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Thanks for all the support so far folks!

In response to the concern of low rates.

We understand this, but are realistic to how a server is classed as fun, and it has nothing to do with High Rate and Low rate, but more to do with Usercount and content quality.

The more people online, the more excitement there is for many different reasons.
Quality content excites players too.

I don't want to give too much away at the moment, but there will be small releases weekly to keep people up to date!

All I can say, is there is lots of new content and things to do before 45 :tennis:.

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Has the popup box that you get when your fighting on a melee class while holding shift been removed?( the pop up box asking if you want to split pots/sunnys when you try to click a pot on belt while swinging)

To add to this i would like to know how this pans out as you can compare Chronicles sin attack speed to C# sin attack speed https://vid.me/AxH2

on the five heroes C# the assassin was the worst class i hope this don't turn out the same.

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
With the addition of a threat spell for warriors (tanks) the assassin should actually for the first time be what its supposed to be on this server, theres no excuses.

Warrior : Tanks damage, hits inconsistent but potentially massive damage slowly.

Assassin : Evades damage, hits consistent steady DPS quickly.

I will see how they pan out after a few weeks/months but may give assassin a try on this server if they get the above correct.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
To add to this i would like to know how this pans out as you can compare Chronicles sin attack speed to C# sin attack speed https://vid.me/AxH2

on the five heroes C# the assassin was the worst class i hope this don't turn out the same.

This...is the biggest problem regarding sins on C# files...
Can a gd coder fix this?
Any ideas?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
With the addition of a threat spell for warriors (tanks) the assassin should actually for the first time be what its supposed to be on this server, theres no excuses.

Warrior : Tanks damage, hits inconsistent but potentially massive damage slowly.

Assassin : Evades damage, hits consistent steady DPS quickly.

I will see how they pan out after a few weeks/months but may give assassin a try on this server if they get the above correct.

Dont ever bother with Assasin on every server. Thats what i've learned after basicly starting one on every single server and then quitting.

Assasins as always will have less hp, less dc, less ac, no spell to cut through defence and basicly will be a weak version of warrior.

The reason this happens is that mir ppl are mostly retards(including me and you) who believe that assasins are some sort of agile,fast,sneak attackers like WoW assasins which aint and cant be the case.

In mir there are 2 ways for a melee char to fight:
1) Hold down shift and attack (consistent attack)
2) Run in and out while playing with cooldowns and burst your opponent

On every single server (except one i wont mention to avoid abuse) warriors had better consistent and burst dmg.

End.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Dont ever bother with Assasin on every server. Thats what i've learned after basicly starting one on every single server and then quitting.

Assasins as always will have less hp, less dc, less ac, no spell to cut through defence and basicly will be a weak version of warrior.

The reason this happens is that mir ppl are mostly retards(including me and you) who believe that assasins are some sort of agile,fast,sneak attackers like WoW assasins which aint and cant be the case.

In mir there are 2 ways for a melee char to fight:
1) Hold down shift and attack (consistent attack)
2) Run in and out while playing with cooldowns and burst your opponent

On every single server (except one i wont mention to avoid abuse) warriors had better consistent and burst dmg.

End.

That was due to Storm gems and attack speed items. And Backstab, on said server.

Always is, aint about underpowering of sins, its overpowering of warriors with attack speed.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
That was due to Storm gems and attack speed items. And Backstab, on said server.

Always is, aint about underpowering of sins, its overpowering of warriors with attack speed.

Nope. Its about tdb cutting through defence and Doubleslash isnt.

Think of this realistic scenario with euro items:

Warrior 100dc 50ac 800hp
Sin 70dc 20ac 500hp

Warrior with tdb hits for 2x100=200dmg per hit no matter what
Sin with doubleslash hits 2x20=40dmg per hit no matter what

No matter the aspeed, even if the warrior has negative aspeed he will kill sin in 2-3hits and sin will need 20hits which simply aint doable. So toe-to-toe sin loses hands down and if he tries the hit and run method warrior simply can outpot it and stand still.

So its exactly the other way arround. Sins ARE underpowered always while warriors are how they always were (aspeed perk is something they always had before the existance of sins).

If you want to make sins balanced with warriors you HAVE TO MAKE DS CUT THROUGH DEFENCES and even when you do that you need to raise the dc to match the dc war has with rage and then you will consider what you do with aspeed.
So basicly to solve the problem in steps of priority:
1)DS cuts through any defences
2) Sin weapons have more dc than warrior ones (to match warrior's rage and even then they have more HP)
3) You check aspeed though i believe thats you least concern.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
The issue with Assassin attack speed was fixed a few weeks ago on here.

Assassins on Apocalypse attack as fast if not faster than most servers (Regardless of the A-speed 8 cap we have).

Haste will add +8 aspeed Maxing a Sins Speed, but will attack slightly faster than a warrior with ASpeed+8 to ensure the Assassin is the fastest hitter.

-Apocalypse team

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
The issue with Assassin attack speed was fixed a few weeks ago on here.

Assassins on Apocalypse attack as fast if not faster than most servers (Regardless of the A-speed 8 cap we have).

Haste will add +8 aspeed Maxing a Sins Speed, but will attack slightly faster than a warrior with ASpeed+8 to ensure the Assassin is the fastest hitter.

-Apocalypse team

War vs Sin:
War has more hp
War has more ac
War has more acc
War has more dc (weapons+rage)
War has bigger burst (FS)
War cuts through ac/defences and sin doesnt.

What about theses issues? How do you plan to balance em?

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
War vs Sin:
War has more hp
War has more ac
War has more acc
War has more dc (weapons+rage)
War has bigger burst (FS)
War cuts through ac/defences and sin doesnt.

What about theses issues? How do you plan to balance em?

Balancing issues are something we have been working hard on.

There will be more updates, but we don't want to give everything away in one post.

Classes are as balanced as they can be and we will continue to post more features etc soon enough to let everyone know.

-Apocalypse Team

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Nothing wrong with low rate servers. Especially if they are custom content. Why would you want a high rate anyway unless you want to skip loads of content?

I have yet to see anyone create a low rate with custom content.

all i see is hordes of morons copying euro.

Yeah we all loved euro, but not for the hunting in oma caves, and running around as a level 40 with no tdb, or being a level 45 wizard still using firebang.

we enjoyed the social and economical aspect of the game, which is something that can be created regardless of rate.

the most successful mir servers were bens, and that's because they were custom content but still retaining the balance of euro (and to anyone that says he had donations and pay to win, so was ****ing euro, you could buy a dss on ebay for £200) . without any of the "oh lets be a n00b for 4 months" crap we now have to deal with.

A custom low rate would be awesome, wont happen though, as everyone seems to be obsessed with copying euro. SijoMir promised it, then they all jumped ship to the Chronicles Euro clone.

Which is only popular as its the only ****ing server that is not hacked and bugged to death.

Also were are all these c# files coming from, i am presuming they are not the same ones that are available to everyone? are they even ready to be used?

Last edited:

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
clearly his customised the files himself.....? with his team? so no u wont be able to get these files just yet?

and i mean in regards to sins vs warrs think we can all say how each class was on other servers and will have to take that risk on this server.

on that note of classes i beg you guys just test every skill out, i find server can fail very easy when classes get some op skill that hasnt been tested, fixed or changed.

would gladly help with any testing you need doing, just holla.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

A custom low rate would be awesome, wont happen though, as everyone seems to be obsessed with copying euro.

Yes it will happen. I can assure you that there is a 100% custom content server in the pipeline right now which is not a high rate server.

Also were are all these c# files coming from, i am presuming they are not the same ones that are available to everyone? are they even ready to be used?

Yes they are based off the open source c# files. That doesn't mean that people haven't done their own work on these files.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

all i see is hordes of morons copying euro.

Yeah we all loved euro, but not for the hunting in oma caves, and running around as a level 40 with no tdb, or being a level 45 wizard still using firebang.

we enjoyed the social and economical aspect of the game, which is something that can be created regardless of rate.

the most successful mir servers were bens, and that's because they were custom content but still retaining the balance of euro (and to anyone that says he had donations and pay to win, so was ****ing euro, you could buy a dss on ebay for £200) . without any of the "oh lets be a n00b for 4 months" crap we now have to deal with.

A custom low rate would be awesome, wont happen though, as everyone seems to be obsessed with copying euro. SijoMir promised it, then they all jumped ship to the Chronicles Euro clone.

Which is only popular as its the only ****ing server that is not hacked and bugged to death.

Yeap exactly this. People confuse "custom content" with "i will copy 100% of euro caves-items,i will add strongDragonRings, i will promise lvl45+ custom content which will be one extra cave and call my content custom".
The rate is completely irrelevant to content. You can have a high rate with months of content planned ahead or a low-med rate with one week worth of content (like the Five Heroes server on this forum).

Is it that hard to completely scrap the whole euro content?
Cant you just remove the fking hens omas and skeles or at least rename em and put em in different maps?
Cant you remove spell leveling? Why is it good to afk level your spells over night?
If you want a low rate can you think for once outside of the box and give classes their necessary spells early instead at lvl30? Hunting without skills is not fun nor is rewarding. Like someone suggested on other section you can just make lvl3 spells obtainable through quests/items/drops while lvl0-2 are shop items.

Anyway i hope what i said doesnt apply to this server. They are general thoughts after all. I hope server team takes notice of em.

Also yes it seems there is a basic set of C files that includes a euro-clone and quests hence all C servers so far are so similar. They download the files, change few bits and put it online. Similar with the first days of 2.3 td files with 100 euro clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.