[C# Files] Apocalypse Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Balancing issues are something we have been working hard on.

There will be more updates, but we don't want to give everything away in one post.

Classes are as balanced as they can be and we will continue to post more features etc soon enough to let everyone know.

-Apocalypse Team

I think what most people are concerned about is sins are promised every server to be the damage dealers when they catch you, but in truth every server I've played (apart from chronicles which seem to have sins in a ok place) everyone ends up regretting making sins and quitting rolling warriors instead.

Like mentioned before they end up being the 2-3 hittable, less damage dealing version of a warrior that can poison a mob lol. It ends up being all the other classes stand there in fights tanking sins and laughing when in reality if you allow a sin to land hits on you you should be panic potting (again I have to mention chronicles is the only server to have got this right). Whats stealthy/quick and deadly about a class that takes 10+ hits to kill another players apposed to 2-3 hits from TDB warriors?

The worse bit about it is I've seen on these files is wars killing a lure using chm in time the sins killed 2 mobs, so you can understand peoples concerns, its ok you saying sins are balanced on your server and they are to true DPS class but i really hope you actually tested scenario's, before people level them in false hope to find out they are the clown class yet again.

Maybe DoubleSlash should Cut Defense like TDB does?

Anyway goodluck with the server, it sounds good.

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012
Good advert and trailer that, colour me impressed. Not seen such a well thought out advertisement on here for some time.

Although, I may be in the minority along with mits, A lot of the things he's mentioned will effect whether or not I can get back into mir, I just don't have the time, or patience to grind out them early levels if necessary spells are A) rare (Talking tdb and the likes) and B) Levelling spells is a ballache. I also strongly agree with the content points raised, as much as the old feel can be nice for the first hour or so, grinding through the euro content until 40+ just to finally see custom content is less than ideal.

I know you've said you won't be explaining everything straight off the bat, so I shall be keeping an eye out. But the main issues for me have already mostly been highlighted by others.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Good advert and trailer that, colour me impressed. Not seen such a well thought out advertisement on here for some time.

Although, I may be in the minority along with mits, A lot of the things he's mentioned will effect whether or not I can get back into mir, I just don't have the time, or patience to grind out them early levels if necessary spells are A) rare (Talking tdb and the likes) and B) Levelling spells is a ballache. I also strongly agree with the content points raised, as much as the old feel can be nice for the first hour or so, grinding through the euro content until 40+ just to finally see custom content is less than ideal.

I know you've said you won't be explaining everything straight off the bat, so I shall be keeping an eye out. But the main issues for me have already mostly been highlighted by others.

We appreciate all of the concerns guys, and we fully realise that for this to work, we need players to want to play. The creators and myself also agree with many of the comments. please see a previous post I quoted below just to stress that there is lots of new lower med and higher level content mixed in the normal content.
No one wants a carbon Euro copy. We know this and have added great amounts of new things to do.

-Apocalypse Team

All I can say, is there is lots of new content and things to do before 45 :tennis:.

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
I think what most people are concerned about is sins are promised every server to be the damage dealers when they catch you, but in truth every server I've played (apart from chronicles which seem to have sins in a ok place) everyone ends up regretting making sins and quitting rolling warriors instead.

Like mentioned before they end up being the 2-3 hittable, less damage dealing version of a warrior that can poison a mob lol. It ends up being all the other classes stand there in fights tanking sins and laughing when in reality if you allow a sin to land hits on you you should be panic potting (again I have to mention chronicles is the only server to have got this right). Whats stealthy/quick and deadly about a class that takes 10+ hits to kill another players apposed to 2-3 hits from TDB warriors?

The worse bit about it is I've seen on these files is wars killing a lure using chm in time the sins killed 2 mobs, so you can understand peoples concerns, its ok you saying sins are balanced on your server and they are to true DPS class but i really hope you actually tested scenario's, before people level them in false hope to find out they are the clown class yet again.

Anyway goodluck with the server, it sounds good.

Any comment on this please Xx69xX ?

Last edited:

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
Maybe for every double slash swing one swing / slash could cut through defense ?

if that's even possible?

would seem a bit more sensible to meet in the middle as assassins were not exactly useless.

Last edited:

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
well sins had flash dash that was ment to decrease some form of stats to make sins highly deadly it wasnt double slash.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005

This will not happen, as we have something in place that will compensate for it.

Heres my view on DoubleSlash:

Its the Assassins Version of TwinDrakeBlade. So my opinion is that it needs to be strong.
With that in mind, we have had to balance it so that Flash Dash + Double Slash is not over powered, but also on par with the fact that an Assassin is going to be competitive. PVP and PVE.

Just be assured that there is no class that has been overlooked, and there is no worry about testing. Thorough testing has been and is being done daily.

I am being vague as I would much rather you feel the gameplay rather than read it on the forums. Just rest assure that Assassin's, as well as all the other 4 classes will be worth playing for their own different reasons

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
This will not happen, as we have something in place that will compensate for it.

Heres my view on DoubleSlash:

Its the Assassins Version of TwinDrakeBlade. So my opinion is that it needs to be strong.
With that in mind, we have had to balance it so that Flash Dash + Double Slash is not over powered, but also on par with the fact that an Assassin is going to be competitive. PVP and PVE.

Just be assured that there is no class that has been overlooked, and there is no worry about testing. Thorough testing has been and is being done daily.

I am being vague as I would much rather you feel the gameplay rather than read it on the forums. Just rest assure that Assassin's, as well as all the other 4 classes will be worth playing for their own different reasons

-Apocalypse Team

Sorry for the spam on your server advertisment regarding balance on a server we havent even seen. We just express our concerns on matters that we were always assured they were fixed and not overlooked and they never actually were.

I havent seen FD properly coded on any servers yet so i cant comment on it.

About DS tho and since i agree with you its sin's version of TDB....whats the main perk tdb gives? Cutting through defence. I will give the same numbers again to make sure everyone understands what that means.

Warrior 100dc 50ac 800hp
Sin 70dc 20ac 500hp

Warrior with tdb hits for 2x100=200dmg per hit no matter what
Sin with doubleslash hits 2x20=40dmg per hit no matter what

If DS was hitting through ac again sin would need double the hits to kill a warrior in that scenario (where i dont even consider FlamingSword) but at least if the sin was the first attacking considering his aspeed he would have. If DS doesnt cut through defence then any discussion here regarding war/sin pvp is useless no matter what FD will do on your server. And this is a fact based on quite realistic numbers. Not a theory. Not an opinion. A fact.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Sorry for the spam on your server advertisment regarding balance on a server we havent even seen. We just express our concerns on matters that we were always assured they were fixed and not overlooked and they never actually were.

I havent seen FD properly coded on any servers yet so i cant comment on it.

About DS tho and since i agree with you its sin's version of TDB....whats the main perk tdb gives? Cutting through defence. I will give the same numbers again to make sure everyone understands what that means.

Warrior 100dc 50ac 800hp
Sin 70dc 20ac 500hp

Warrior with tdb hits for 2x100=200dmg per hit no matter what
Sin with doubleslash hits 2x20=40dmg per hit no matter what

If DS was hitting through ac again sin would need double the hits to kill a warrior in that scenario (where i dont even consider FlamingSword) but at least if the sin was the first attacking considering his aspeed he would have. If DS doesnt cut through defence then any discussion here regarding war/sin pvp is useless no matter what FD will do on your server.

I understand your point, and I class it as valid, but it seems you are commenting on this, as if this information was from a server you have previously played. Apocalypse have redesigned the Assassin.

Assassins are fine on Apocalypse and will have no troubles competing with every class.

All classes will have their pros and cons.

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ok i will stop then and just trust your judgement.

One suggestion though. Before you launch your server give ppl some detailed info regarding classes,their spells,the custom content that exists, the item stats etc. For some weird reason ppl want to keep all these a "mystery" but there is not a better advertisment for your server to actually post your exact thoughts on how you made classes, on what custom content you have and so on.

Your advertisment does look amazing but thats it. It just looks amazing and proffecional. If someone reads it in detail right now its like that:
C files
5 classes
Wars get taunt
Archers get pet
Euro clone
Custom content exists.

Before your release or when you are getting closer to it i suggest you add more details, videos, pictures of items, new caves and so on.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Ok i will stop then and just trust your judgement.

One suggestion though. Before you launch your server give ppl some detailed info regarding classes,their spells,the custom content that exists, the item stats etc. For some weird reason ppl want to keep all these a "mystery" but there is not a better advertisment for your server to actually post your exact thoughts on how you made classes, on what custom content you have and so on.

Your advertisment does look amazing but thats it. It just looks amazing and proffecional. If someone reads it in detail right now its like that:
C files
5 classes
Wars get taunt
Archers get pet
Euro clone
Custom content exists.

Before your release or when you are getting closer to it i suggest you add more details, videos, pictures of items, new caves and so on.

There will more and more information as we get closer.

Stay tuned

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Maybe for every double slash swing one swing / slash could cut through defense ?

if that's even possible?

would seem a bit more sensible to meet in the middle as assassins were not exactly useless.

That's actually what TDB does.

BIGMAN11

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Feb 28, 2015
Tdb on c# doesnt cut ac it does x2 attacks for 110% dmg unless it has been changed

---------- Post Merged at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:28 PM ----------

So basically a 220% dmg hit the problem with skills cutting ac is that it makes it hard to balance for pvp and bosses even mobs

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Thanks for the positive reaction people.

There will be a small release tonight to show some of the new content we have added recently.

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.