My Lil Project

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
so ive been working on this map for a while now and thought id upload a pic here and see what u guys think of it so far.

(P.S. there is still going to be an entire island added onto the end of the bridge)

tSCjM0E.jpg

---------- Post Merged on 28-03-2015 at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-03-2015 at 04:08 AM ----------

quick little update on how im coming along with the map

gYi82dK.jpg

/ReVulcan

Almost finished now

HFvCNMw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Firstly i apologise i am on my phone so doing this is a pain scrolling up and my response may be abit gobbly.

Its big! But small. You've crammed in two towns with very little between, which is rather pointless imho. You would probably only need to visit the other for quests and teleports i assume? The bit inbetween will be forgotten very quickly.

You should also try it ingame you're be suprised how big those towns are you will be fustrated running from one shop to another, no need for shop NPC's if you can place them in a logical close layout. The larger town also looke horendous where you have placed the palace, dojo and shop so close. Also the shop closest to the palace is bugged and you need to delete part of it and rebuild it on the map or delete the whole shop, and rebuild in editor. Also check Attributes as cliffs have a couple of issues & you will need to add fishing if you haven't.

Detail detail detail lots of opem paths if you go onto another map you will notice alot of their maps are filled with small tiles, small objects etc, plain ground tiles are eww.

I am impressed you've hidden a wall with tree's and not just left it like some people.

As i said earlier try ingame run around look at screen can you see 2-3 trees? Bit of a cart track, a stone or bush? If you see nothing add to it. Stops wizards from easily luring hundreds of mobs and looks pretty.

I will speak to Far and ask him to add some files we been playing with to help you, it has newer objects but comes at a price of prome to crashingg so its still limiting but allows some variety.

also removr your marquee its annoying only i get to do that.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Firstly i apologise i am on my phone so doing this is a pain scrolling up and my response may be abit gobbly.

ikr :P

Its big! But small. You've crammed in two towns with very little between, which is rather pointless imho. You would probably only need to visit the other for quests and teleports i assume? The bit inbetween will be forgotten very quickly.[/QUOTE]

Its just the starting town and home town, people will be on this map for an hour? if that... it is just as u stated "for quests and teleports" and people will move on to RB town rather quickly

You should also try it ingame you're be suprised how big those towns are you will be fustrated running from one shop to another, no need for shop NPC's if you can place them in a logical close layout. The larger town also looke horendous where you have placed the palace, dojo and shop so close. Also the shop closest to the palace is bugged and you need to delete part of it and rebuild it on the map or delete the whole shop, and rebuild in editor. Also check Attributes as cliffs have a couple of issues & you will need to add fishing if you haven't.

jeez where to start...
1. ive had a lil run around, (i say lil it was almost the entire map.)
2. larger town is quite alright now its kinda finished with trees and extra buildings
3. the shop closes to palace looks fine ingame? idk what u mean here
4. the only noticable attribute problems are in places difficult for the player to reach and are impossible to fix (cause my map editor does it on purpose)
5. i would add fishing but i dont know how to code it in :P

Detail detail detail lots of opem paths if you go onto another map you will notice alot of their maps are filled with small tiles, small objects etc, plain ground tiles are eww.

Map isnt finished dude gimme time to detail :P

I am impressed you've hidden a wall with tree's and not just left it like some people.

Yeah the damn thing wouldnt connect no matter what i did so i just covered it up. hoping noone would comment on it xD

As i said earlier try ingame run around look at screen can you see 2-3 trees? Bit of a cart track, a stone or bush? If you see nothing add to it. Stops wizards from easily luring hundreds of mobs and looks pretty.

yea the fine detailing is being added now, ill have another pic up soon.

I will speak to Far and ask him to add some files we been playing with to help you, it has newer objects but comes at a price of prome to crashingg so its still limiting but allows some variety.

mmhh not sure i want them now u mention that they'll crash a lot xD

also removr your marquee its annoying only i get to do that.

Sorry dude its staying :P if it is that annoying then i guess ill remove it for u xD

Thanks for the feedback, ill see what i can change

/ReVulcan

---------- Post Merged at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I really like it.

sweet dood cheers

/ReVulcan

---------- Post Merged at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:35 PM ----------

What map editor are you using please ?

IDK which one it is tbh... it was in UltraMir's client and the only one with working buttons instead of ???? and it works perfect for me apart from one or two minor bugs

(It is in my client's data folder if u wanna use it)

/ReVulcan

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
its fine lmao, only a bit of constructive criticism all is welcome. afterall, without it how am i going to move forward?

/ReVulcan

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
its fine lmao, only a bit of constructive criticism all is welcome. afterall, without it how am i going to move forward?

/ReVulcan

Well better have somebody be critical and you not learn. If you go to the top of the shop next to palace on the right, look at the roof line, 3-4 lines in, it will spike up then back down, you may have fixed on phone it looked like it wasnt but i cant tell with the awful quality the map edit produces maps!

Samvid is just sour cos he hasn't made a good map in years

Watch this space brav!

What map editor are you using please ?

If its in 2.6 its probably Shortys map edit.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Well better have somebody be critical and you not learn. If you go to the top of the shop next to palace on the right, look at the roof line, 3-4 lines in, it will spike up then back down, you may have fixed on phone it looked like it wasnt but i cant tell with the awful quality the map edit produces maps!

ahh that... its a glitch with my map edit, everytime i fix it, it breaks and goes back to how it was

/ReVulcan

---------- Post Merged on 29-03-2015 at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 28-03-2015 at 06:14 PM ----------

Finally the map is complete. i may or may not add more bushes ect later on but for now its finished

nRoKRzP.jpg

/ReVulcan

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
@Town takes you to the village/town in bottom right, @city takes you to the island but you unlock @city once you finish the starting quests

/ReVulcan