Keyboard or Forum settings trouble?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
When typing on forums, I often use paragraphing to make it easier on the readers. But on new laptop using W8 (If that's relevant) when I press enter a lot of keys I press do not register. I will now press enter and type this exact passage of text again to show what goes awol.

When typing on forums, I ofte use paragraphing to mk it easier on he readers. But on nw latop singW8 (if tats revent) whe I press enter a lotofkeys ipress do not reiser. will now press enter adtype this exact pssae of text gain to sow what goe awol.

LordOfWar1

Known Cheater
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2014
When typing on forums, I often use paragraphing to make it easier on the readers. But on new laptop using W8 (If that's relevant) when I press enter a lot of keys I press do not register. I will now press enter and type this exact passage of text again to show what goes awol.

When typing on forums, I ofte use paragraphing to mk it easier on he readers. But on nw latop singW8 (if tats revent) whe I press enter a lotofkeys ipress do not reiser. will now press enter adtype this exact pssae of text gain to sow what goe awol.

Happens to me too but only on this fourm

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Even MS are scrapping IE, I suggest you do the same

Or try changing your text editor by going to General Settings in your profile, scroll to the bottom and find Message Editor Interface:

change it from WYSIWYG to Basic or Standard, one of those should work

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Even MS are scrapping IE, I suggest you do the same

Or try changing your text editor by going to General Settings in your profile, scroll to the bottom and find Message Editor Interface:

change it from WYSIWYG to Basic or Standard, one of those should work

Thing is, I only use IE and it only happens on LOMCN. Every other vB forum seems to be fine.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Software is up to date. I tried looking for a fix before but got nada. If you can find something I will happily give it a go...

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
UErLJdr.png

What Far said, it's fast as **** - but it's an "app". Missing a lot of features, I'm still using IE.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i do hope they make it user friendly like chrome or firefox - and get rid of their horrible UI used in IE10. Speed and a different name isn't enough to make me move to spartan

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Chrome's been really dicking me about recently. Lots of adware and print page not working, websites not loading

Have moved back to firefox :bull_head: