Conspiracy Theories.

CrazyBear...

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
These days, a couple of hours browsing YouTube can end up with you questioning the meaning of life, does the Illuminate run the world? Is the earth actually flat? Was 9/11 an inside job?

On that note, let me know your favourite conspiracy theory.

Personally, mine has to be "Did man really land on the moon?". I mean, did we really? I find it difficult to believe with the technology on offer in the 1960's.

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2014
The difference between space now and space then was just computers. You don't need a computer if you number crunch for long enough! The science of it and calculations used have been widely used for hundreds if not thousands of years, they just didn't have the materials or engine technology to leave the ground until the 60s. 😄

I'm an atheist and massive maths/science geek so most internet conspiracies crack me up big time! Fsvourite has to be Jack the Ripper, whether you count that as a conspiracy or a myth.

Swampduck

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2014
9/11 was an inside job for sure, mermaids are real.(no im not being funny either) check out some videos.
Dunno about the illuminati but the rothschild family deffinatly have a big say on what goes on, considering they are the money.

So many different conspiracies on same subjects though so it's hard to tell

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
9/11 was an inside job for sure, mermaids are real.(no im not being funny either) check out some videos.
Dunno about the illuminati but the rothschild family deffinatly have a big say on what goes on, considering they are the money.

So many different conspiracies on same subjects though so it's hard to tell

I expect the majority of this community will agree with you. I simply think you are a crack pot.

Back to the moon landings. Watching a video claiming the moon landings were a hoax can be quite convincing, but only if you don't know anything about it initially. Literally all of the evidence that suggests it's not real is just jibberish and not backed up with science. I doubt there are any respected scientist on the planet that would agree with the hoax theories.

CrazyBear...

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
The difference between space now and space then was just computers. You don't need a computer if you number crunch for long enough! The science of it and calculations used have been widely used for hundreds if not thousands of years, they just didn't have the materials or engine technology to leave the ground until the 60s. 😄

I'm an atheist and massive maths/science geek so most internet conspiracies crack me up big time! Fsvourite has to be Jack the Ripper, whether you count that as a conspiracy or a myth.

The first is the general conspiracy that the whole event was staged on earth. I know many people have questioned the moon landing photos and found discrepancies regarding lighting, strange shadow angles, no stars in the sky and even the flag waving when there is no wind on the moon. I find it hard to believe these with recent evidence backing up claims the apollo landings took place. Independant space missions from the likes of China have completed orbits of the moon mapping out the landscape and where the landings took place. http://gizmodo.com/5837658/new-detailed-images-show-lunar-landing-sites-at-higher-resolution/

The second, which I find more interesting is the Van Allen Belts, Some critics of the moon landings claim that the astronauts could not have survived passing through the van Allen belts; they would have died instantly of radiation poisoning. One claims that six feet of lead shielding would need to have surrounded the space craft in order for them to survive. I mean, surely this is actual science backing up that the moon landing would have been impossible?

[video=youtube;NlXG0REiVzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXG0REiVzE[/video]

Yes, people do believe the earth is flat. link below for summarised evidence.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0#.VS48AJOhvgM

Last edited:

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2014
I couldn't be kori.. I'm a dog person!

Some of the world war 2 conspiracies are fascinating. Tactical/political conspiracies are fun, but most are just absolute garbage.

Most of the conspiracies you can find addressed somewhere; for example a flag will still wave in a vacuum! I've never heard of these belts but in terms of distance in our solar system, the moon is actually ridiculously close to earth so I can't imagine radiation being so intense just outside of our atmosphere, otherwise all space exploration/high altitude flying would be impossible.

Two of my favourite websites:

http://www.howmanypeopleareinspacerightnow.com/

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Last edited:

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
A big one for me is Freemasons and their New World Order. There was a documentary on TV a few month back that went into great detail and a lot of **** just didnt add up.

Edit:- My ex's dad was in the freemasons and once asked me if I wanted to join (Long before I knew what it was about) I said no because he didnt give me much information as to what id be getting myself into. Little did I know it was purely because they are not allowed to discuss anything that goes on because closed doors.

Last edited:

GimmeAKitKat

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 11, 2014
This was mentioned on QI a while back.

Troy in England?

According to Dutch-born writer Iman Wilkens, the Trojan War actually took place in England. He suggests that Homer based his story on an earlier oral tale from Northern Europe in which an area of Southern England was attacked by Celts who wanted control of the tin mines there.

Wilkens suggests that Troy was located in the Gog Magog Hills near Cambridge. Furthermore, the area Homer called ‘Crete’ was Scandinavia, ‘Sparta’ was in Spain and ‘Lesbos’ was actually the Isle of Wight.

The Iliad’s warriors use horses in battle but the Greeks always fought on foot until around the 3rd century ad. The Celts, on the other hand, were famed for their horsemanship.

Rivers mentioned in The Iliad include the Temese, the Scamander and the Simois which Wilkens thinks are the Thames, the Cam and the Ouse. The weather also sounds distinctly British rather than Mediterranean – there are ceaseless descriptions of rain and Troy is referred to as the city ‘whipped by the winds’. Homer also makes references to the tides – in the Mediterranean the difference in tide is very small whereas in the Atlantic Ocean the changes are much more dramatic.

The Iliad doesn’t mention ‘Greeks’ anywhere. Mentions of ‘Barbarians’ (what the Greeks called foreigners) are also absent. Troy’s attackers are referred to as Danaans and Achaeans who respectively could be the Danes and people from Argos, a Kingdom of Northern France.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Something I strongly believe (some call a conspiracy, I call reality) is that our government controls what is shared with the public in the national media which in turn is influencing peoples opinions and slowly changing their views on specific subjects like war, economy, religion and various other topics.

Not just the UK Governments but for most governments around the world who are in some way corrupt. USA probably the best example.

I really could get into a huge post about this. But I'll allow someone else to expand with their views..... if I'm making sense this stoned.....

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
I love all of them conspiracy theory programs on TV. The H2 channel has some really extreme things on it.

Once i I saw one saying the nazis actually survived WWII by fleeing to the Antarctic and conspired with aliens. A few years after the war ended a world fleet of boats had a fight there but it was covered up later much like Roswell was (a story released and then changed to something else). There is apparently a building in the edge of a mountain that is beyond our reach that you can see from satellite there aswell.

Whether you you beleive them or not... Just lol.

But the moon landing one has lots of very valid points and it makes you wonder why we haven't been there for many years of we actually could go there.

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
i believe that there was more to the 9/11 story than meets the eye

if a plane did crash into the pentagon, then why was there no wing marks of the plane in or on the building or marks on the land surrounding it, the excuse of they disintergrated on impact is null and void. as the initial impact would still leave marks showing the initial impact

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Something I strongly believe (some call a conspiracy, I call reality) is that our government controls what is shared with the public in the national media which in turn is influencing peoples opinions and slowly changing their views on specific subjects like war, economy, religion and various other topics.

Not just the UK Governments but for most governments around the world who are in some way corrupt. USA probably the best example.

I really could get into a huge post about this. But I'll allow someone else to expand with their views..... if I'm making sense this stoned.....

This is just obvious, Politicans are puppets for major corps, who actually run the world. Money talks,not votes.

Last edited: