If you could create your own server.....

Join Discord

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Guys

As title suggests if you could create your own server what would it need to have to be awesome?

The reason i ask i am currently doing a degree in software design only in my first year but I am downloading the mir server files to play with them a bit and enjoying it already but i also want to see how difficult it is to make things happen to a private server? how hard is to script a new quest? tele NPC? Make new items? Make new maps?

(I have no interest in making this server live fyi simply good practice playing with code and understanding it)

So i ask again what does a private server need to be great? First on my list? i wanna play with some new skills and look just for a laugh to make a mob that does a ranged 1 shot FF :)

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
A great server needs an active community first and foremost.

It also needs GMs that are honest even if it's with negative news.

The gameplay itself needs to be like 'carrots for donkeys' both with items and lvls. Need targets to aim for, and things to grind / camp.

imo

peterpan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 1, 2014
seems you need to cater for very different groups of ppl
the want to be teh best ppl
the want to play socially
the casual

There's sub sets in each group
best = highest level best = amazing kit/ best = most pvp kills/ best = most bosses killed solo with small group or with guild/ best = a group of good players you can rely on not to screw up
social want to group hunt with guild get a boss sometimes, level with guild, not driven as the best group but also want to be as good as can
casual dont mind grindin solo, would like to be in a guild and go boss sometimes

Quests are good for the social and the casual. Especially if you can make quests that take ages, take the whole guild and then get them a boss to kill.

peterpan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 1, 2014
A player mode that hits warred players only so randoms dont curse you in a fight, not do unguilded noobs
or
player leaving or booted from guild during guild war is RED and stays that way for 24 hrs