setting up multiple monitors and a new surround sound system

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Ok so i currently have two monitors that i use while gaming and what ever other random **** i do on my pc both connected via dvi and i have aux splitter so they both play audio when im not using my headset.

I've just bought a new tv that im planning on mounting on my wall next to my desk so then ill have 3 screens but i dont really want it to be used constantly its a 55inch tv so its more for when im sat on my sofa or watching films in bed so is there some kind of software i need to switch my graphics card from using the dvi ports for my main monitors to the hdmi for my wall mounted tv? or is the only way to do this via graphics properties? the tv wont be used for anything other than watching stuff im streaming on my pc (i use XBMC and already have a wireless controller that works with my pc for controlling this)

also just bought these http://www.ebuyer.com/242265-logitech-z506-5-1-surround-sound-speakers-75w-rms-980-000432
(waiting on delivery) so will i also have to buy an amp to wire all of this through or will i not need one as all the audio will be coming from the pc anyway?

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I thought that might be the case jealy but i was just checking, when i started looking into it some people recommended getting a control box to switch from using the dual monitors to my tv, i was trying to get round having to change my settings every time i wanted to switch over.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Whichever GPU you have, the software should allow you to use profiles - so set some up for quick switching.

I use them for 1920x1080 x 3 and 5760 x 1080.