End Game Features,

What Level should End Game Features begin?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other Please State.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Hello people.

Can I have people's opinions what level should end game features start.

1. 40
2. 50
3. 60
4. Other

I would post a poll but dunno how. Admins if you wouldn't mind please

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
When posting a new thread scroll to the bottom of the page to find 'Additional options'

Or click Thread Tools at the top of the thread once posted.

On topic: surely this depends on exp rate

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I've never liked the "end game" idea especially for an mmo like Mir.
I know there's a player type that always aspires to reach such a point but then there's a good chance they'll leave. So by creating some final target, you're signing the death warrant for your own server.
I'd much prefer server operators to keep trying to add new content and keep people interested.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
end game content shouldn't be level dependent - it should be based around the highest level and gear available.

imo when a server gets released you should cap at about 55 / 60 - so end game content start's then.

As your server progresses your cap raises and the end game content moves with it. Once your cap raises from 60 to 65 for example, people no longer will do end game content (because they've no longer reached the end of the game) - until they reach cap again and end game content is used again.

To me end game content is just a repeatable activity that everyone can enjoy on an even playing field because they're all the same level

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Impossible question to answer without knowing the exp rate of the server.

That being said if you are referring to having a level cap in place then yes I think its a good idea. There isn't too many of us that play Mir like we used to, so having a set target in place that is reasonable enough to hit gives people extra initiative to level.
Some people make the mistake of introducing a level cap and not having enough "end game" content in place though. When you hit said level there should be plenty of quests & dungeons available that are only accessible when you hit that level, otherwise people will hit the cap and go afk until the next patch/get bored and quit.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Cheer's Tai,

Regarding EXP rate, This Question is based on a Low Rate, as High Rate would be higher level.

Would it be better to give more End Game Features say level50, then have a max cap level of 60.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
if you still have main content between levels 50 and 60, then i wouldn't really call it "end game" features.

End game content isn't there to level you or give you exp, you should have already done this before you reach end game content.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
if you still have main content between levels 50 and 60, then i wouldn't really call it "end game" features.

End game content isn't there to level you or give you exp, you should have already done this before you reach end game content.
Ah right okay, :)

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
It should begin at the point the Server Team has decided they want it to.

i.e - if you want end game to be 60 - but you want your server to be popular and running for 3 years - then you need to build it in order to sustain that.

The end game should be what you want people to hit, at, well, the end of the game.

peterpan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 1, 2014
Are you planning the end of your server already?
After playing other servers and watching what happens I suggest that you dont put everything new ish into game at the start.
Plan you patches updates new content in a general way. Then see how the users deal with it all.
Don't let them get ahead of your planned content updates.