Map editor

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
It's been a while since I have played around with maps but my question is what map editor should I use and how do I get it working? I have looked around and some links to map editors are broken, i've managed to get my hands on the 16bit map editor on MirFiles but I cannot seem to open any maps with it. I've put it in my Data folder but no luck.

Thanks.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you won't have any luck if you're trying to put it in the c# data folder lol.

I would download a normal client that uses WIL's (not the official version) and use the map editor with that. Then you can use the saved maps with the c# client.

Only TD's C# map editor (in the releases section) will work with the c# client.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
I only seem to find the experimental source code of the map editor?

---------- Post Merged at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Okay i got it working and since we are on the subject

Do anyone have any idea how to make a minimap and big map ?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yes there is only an experimental c# map editor. However if you use a client that has WIL then any map editor will work on it.

in the map editor there should be an option to export to bmp. Just export, then open in paint and scale to 20% size (for mmap)

bigmap i think is up to you on scaling, so just make it about max 500px width and keep in ratio.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Excellent thank you and one last thing. I have an old 2.3 map but the torch things have no light on them like they do in Bichon Wall. (The torch statue thing). The lighting works but i mean the image of the fire on top or is that an object I need to look for?

Left bichon and right mine.
syzPShu.png

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Excellent thank you and one last thing. I have an old 2.3 map but the torch things have no light on them like they do in Bichon Wall. (The torch statue thing). The lighting works but i mean the image of the fire on top or is that an object I need to look for?

Left bichon and right mine.
View attachment 16199

The flame is an animation located just below it i think, it will be a black square & flame inside it, place that, its may have to be a little off centre if irc.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
The flame is an animation located just below it i think, it will be a black square & flame inside it, place that, its may have to be a little off centre if irc.

Ah I can see that now you've described it but I can't seem to find the flame in my objects or any option for animation?

Also I cannot seem to save the maps to BMP, theres an option and when I click it it freezes for a few seconds then nothing.

bhKPU9r.png

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Save to bmp workd fine on mine and mines just how code was first publish takes time saves as map.bmp in data folder

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Ah I can see that now you've described it but I can't seem to find the flame in my objects or any option for animation?

Also I cannot seem to save the maps to BMP, theres an option and when I click it it freezes for a few seconds then nothing.

View attachment 16200

What map edit is that O.o?

The animation will all be set you just need to place it onto the map and ingame it will be animated.

As for bmp, try putting file exentsion onto file name & also do nothing until map edit is functional again.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Thats 16bit map editor www.mirfiles.co.uk < you will find it there. I just found another one Meditor 1.1 and seems to save BMP correctly. However im still stuck on finding the animation and where its located for me to add it to the map?

---------- Post Merged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I think I found out but this is how it looks in game :/

oIS3E9A.png

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
looks like you've placed the single frame and not the actual animation

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Thats 16bit map editor www.mirfiles.co.uk < you will find it there. I just found another one Meditor 1.1 and seems to save BMP correctly. However im still stuck on finding the animation and where its located for me to add it to the map?

---------- Post Merged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I think I found out but this is how it looks in game :/

View attachment 16201

That should already be made in the object/mir set. you simply place it you don't need to find anything but the flame and place it. It should be animated already.

Try using Shortys map edit as Far originally suggested.