Attributes

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
What is does a yellow attribute do and red ? I am 99% sure the red stops you random teleporting on that spot and mobs spawning there but what of the yellow, what is its purpose?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
yellow is to stop magic i believe, for example: Firewall from being placed on water (place yellow over the water...)

/ReVulcan

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
I am trying to understand why the frozen cave/temple have yellow attributes in places where you shouldnt be able to walk or be able to random teleport on? Monsters spawn on these areas and there are less red attributes in places that are less important. My question is, are these maps like this on purpose or just poor mapping skills?

I tried walking over a yellow attribute but I can't, yet I can randomteleport on that spot and monster spawn on there? Is red to stop both magic and teleporting on that spot? I'm just baffled why they didn't just cover those areas in red rather than all yellow seems pointless don't you think? It's like they purposely want the mobs to spawn in these places you can't get to?

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
yellow is to stop magic i believe, for example: Firewall from being placed on water (place yellow over the water...)

/ReVulcan

Yellow will allow spells to be cast through the item.. eg a rock, if yellow SFB, Fireball, GFB etc (in theory arhcer spells too) will be allowed to cast through / over the object. WT is an example of this where a tao can SFB kill WT. Whereas in BDD a tao cannot SFB kill IWT because there is red attributes.

Never really tested ingame, so /ReSignatureGoesBelow may be correct on that part but there is alot more to it.

RME has a nice set of attributes to walls so if you edit them look at those (or fox cave as they are identical walls with different mask :). Lower tier rocks off the wall are yellow, this allows taos to run along walls and not be hindered by small sticking out walls that 'in reality' you would see over, but has red attributes up higher to stop SFB through walls.

T Bolt, FW, Icestorm etc ignore attributes this.

Newbs teaching newbs fml!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its low and high wall.

yellow = low wall = can fireball over
red = high wall = can't fireball over

neither you can walk on, but yellow allows spells etc to go past.

however wemade also dont follow this rule and messed up a lot of maps just using random attributes - they have low wall when it should be a high wall, so jamie simple never coded this in to c#.

you shouldn't be able to spawn anything if it has a yellow/red attribute according to the code.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
I'm a little confused. I just tested in game and yellow you can't cast spell over, just tried it with FW as ReV said however you can teleport on these spots. Red you can cast spells over but you can't teleport on these spots. Looking at bichon province map in this editor it shows the water around Bichon Wall in yellow but yet in game you can't teleport on these spots nor cast spells (only used firewall for that matter). I'm confused how they managed to use yellow to prevent both?

Just saw your reply back. You can spawn mobs in yellow attributes tested and was regarding my pm earlier today.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the code doesn't know the difference between red and yellow so not sure how you're doing that.

some spells don't check the attribute so will let you cast over it / on it.

teleport however does, so shouldn't allow this. Unless you've got attributes client side, but the server side map doesn't

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Here is an image showing the attributes in TD's map editor:

http://i.imgur.com/Kgxolb7.png

You can see there is yellow and red. Currently what it does it allows you to teleport on these 'black areas' (where the attributes are) on the map and allowing mobs spawn in these areas too. Here is another screenshot in game:

The mobs seem to walk out of the walls ><
http://i.imgur.com/tEf36Dc.png

Me cannot walk out of the walls
http://i.imgur.com/2Yn9S6c.png

Using the same maps in client and server side with the same attributes.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
might be that map type, im trying on normal wemade maps and cant spawn anything / tele there

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
doesn't work the same as fishing. and not even sure what map type that is tbh

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
My only bet is to turn those yellow attributes to red then. Thanks for the replies back guys!