Release Web Mirserver files (100% playable)

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Hello,

I have found some people who are interested in the Web Mirserver files. I remember Milo releasing these a while back but the links are dead and the files were outdated and incomplete. I have managed to get my hands on a complete dated set (100% playable) however I haven't had much time to play with it or make a guide. I am sure though if you do a little searching around LOMCN you will come across Milo's thread which has a bit more info on it. There is a little quick guide on how to set it up in a 'README.txt' file in the .rar file.

Download link: www.legendofmir.co.uk/Web_Mirserver.rar

pu3BB.jpg

Reactions: ventus

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I'm at the new char creation screen atm.
Needed to tweak my IIS settings as I had a test website on it.
Once that was done and I pointed it to the required page, it loads.

Click the righthand button on the first screen to get the login box.

Bah !
Binary Loader IO error !

Last edited:

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
I'm very interested in this section

I'll also be looking for a team soon enough so i think ill be giving you a message shortly after my house move
i have a great co worker that will be very efficient for this job too

can you keep me updated if you do manage to get a team together as i will still be willing to help here with anything that is needed

Code/Script/DB/GFX will all be covered too

i look forward to speaking to you about this more

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
I'm very interested in this section

I'll also be looking for a team soon enough so i think ill be giving you a message shortly after my house move
i have a great co worker that will be very efficient for this job too

can you keep me updated if you do manage to get a team together as i will still be willing to help here with anything that is needed

Code/Script/DB/GFX will all be covered too

i look forward to speaking to you about this more

Perfect, will look forward to hearing from you! Just give us a shout when you are free!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Not to sound mean or anything.

But why would you both waste your time on this?

No one is ever going to use web based files, or play them for that matter. Don't you think your efforts could be better directed else where?

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014

Actually I have had a look through the files and am extremely interested in quite a few things... even if those items turn out to only be used for reference later

everyone who knows me should know what I am going to do next week :) and what those files will be used for :P

It says in the readme that there are more files? is this true and are they available? I would absolutely love them :D

Thanks for the upload I'll post info if I get anything done at the weekend

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Actually I have had a look through the files and am extremely interested in quite a few things... even if those items turn out to only be used for reference later

everyone who knows me should know what I am going to do next week :) and what those files will be used for :P

It says in the readme that there are more files? is this true and are they available? I would absolutely love them :D

Thanks for the upload I'll post info if I get anything done at the weekend

Your very welcome. Yeah it is very much true, I will upload them and give out a brief description tomorrow. Off to sleep now, no time.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Still can't get the apache root to work properly and the Binary Loader IO error persists.
I assume the extra files are more maps etc.

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:22 AM ----------

No one is ever going to use web based files, or play them for that matter. Don't you think your efforts could be better directed else where?

Browser based games are very big nowadays. It might not suit Mir purists but for others who have never heard of Mir but play other browser games, it could be very popular.

Reactions: MythRohan

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Disagree

Reactions: MythRohan

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Still can't get the apache root to work properly and the Binary Loader IO error persists.
I assume the extra files are more maps etc.

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Browser based games are very big nowadays. It might not suit Mir purists but for others who have never heard of Mir but play other browser games, it could be very popular.

There not 'extra files'. However, I have the Web Mirserver files that Milo posted a while back so you may be able to make use of them with the current one. I know I had another set a while back but lost them and I combined the two and got it working, so you may be able to do that with these. The other files I have are also web based games that are similiar to the mir one and one that looks like mir3, if anyone's interested in them, I will get them uploaded and posted here.

Milo's Web Mirserver files: http://www.legendofmir.co.uk/Web_Mirserver2.rar

Last edited: