Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Don't mind

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
It appears to me that the best idea would be to close the server and reopen with new content (a lot more content at that) and a new attitude. so me and the other GMs are truly sorry for this ending but it has to happen. We are closing the server tonight and hope to reopen sometime in the next week.

In the meantime we would like the players who played Renegade to leave us all a little bit of feedback (or alot, the more the better) to help improve the server and make it a better playing experience for you all.

To make up for the closure we are adding an extra bit help to those who made it above rebirth one so that it isnt too much of a loss if you chose to come back and play again. This is to aid you in getting back to where you were when the server closed.

RB1+ Players will receive 5 days of VIP, this allows access to unlimited x2 exp, Unlimited access to the donation pets, Free special repair and free global shouts

Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused and we hope to see you again in the future

/ReVulcan

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
We only had one donation, he'll be getting his GameGold back to be able to spend again or a full refund if he decides to not come back

/ReVulcan

---------- Post Merged at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:51 PM ----------

i feel my attitude towards players was a huge play in the closure and i assure players it wont be in the new release. I've got some people helping out now so there shouldnt be as much pressure on my shoulders

/ReVulcan

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
tbh the server was enjoyable . it was just a shame that it ended the way it did , yes u will no doubt be back up , but you need alot more content and alot more cave options , yes i was highest on server , and in rbs also , i was frustrated at sitting there waiting for stuff to be added ,which shouldnt be the case , like i said to you in game , u should always be ahead of the highest on server , i got a few ideas , but i doubt whether they will be implemented or not , but here they are .
1) make sure all the quests are working , because after rb 1 there wasnt really any quests to do , you have to keep people busy and not just stood in town ..
2) the rbs seemed pointless to do , because the cave were available off the npc in original town (bw) so u didnt really have to go to rebirth town for anything except ur hero ...so make them WORTH DOING...YES U HAD TO BE THAT LVL TO GO IN THEM CAVES but tbh it didnt really amount to much ..
3) make quests available to do whilst you have rebirthed , maybe like helping to find rb kit ...
4) lower the cost of upgrading items and fix the npc its on cos it dont work half the time and still takes money ..
5) remove half the useless npcs from bw that had no reason to be there , only put them in when there is something actually worth having on them ...
6) use more of the euro caves and maps , as you didnt really use that many ...
7) change the stats on kits , i mentioned it in game that for the rate the server was u were being scrooge mcmir with ur stats ,
8) and make sure wizzies can solo bosses , yes i used a hero tao to kill all my bosses , because even at rb 4 and maxed lvl 180 , i couldnt kill a single boss without my hero which seems wrong ..
9) dont keep server at a lvl limit , because it means players will be on more than u , most times , so they will end up overtaking ur work ...
10) yes pets were great to have , but some of the players were self reliant on them , which is not a bad thing , especially if they couldnt solo a boss with out them ...
good luck :)

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
tbh the server was enjoyable . it was just a shame that it ended the way it did , yes u will no doubt be back up , but you need alot more content and alot more cave options , yes i was highest on server , and in rbs also , i was frustrated at sitting there waiting for stuff to be added ,which shouldnt be the case , like i said to you in game , u should always be ahead of the highest on server , i got a few ideas , but i doubt whether they will be implemented or not , but here they are .
1) make sure all the quests are working , because after rb 1 there wasnt really any quests to do , you have to keep people busy and not just stood in town ..
2) the rbs seemed pointless to do , because the cave were available off the npc in original town (bw) so u didnt really have to go to rebirth town for anything except ur hero ...so make them WORTH DOING...YES U HAD TO BE THAT LVL TO GO IN THEM CAVES but tbh it didnt really amount to much ..
3) make quests available to do whilst you have rebirthed , maybe like helping to find rb kit ...
4) lower the cost of upgrading items and fix the npc its on cos it dont work half the time and still takes money ..
5) remove half the useless npcs from bw that had no reason to be there , only put them in when there is something actually worth having on them ...
6) use more of the euro caves and maps , as you didnt really use that many ...
7) change the stats on kits , i mentioned it in game that for the rate the server was u were being scrooge mcmir with ur stats ,
8) and make sure wizzies can solo bosses , yes i used a hero tao to kill all my bosses , because even at rb 4 and maxed lvl 180 , i couldnt kill a single boss without my hero which seems wrong ..
9) dont keep server at a lvl limit , because it means players will be on more than u , most times , so they will end up overtaking ur work ...
10) yes pets were great to have , but some of the players were self reliant on them , which is not a bad thing , especially if they couldnt solo a boss with out them ...
good luck :)

cheers for the feedback. Ive showed the other GM's this thread and everything on here will be reviewed/added if need be

The only thing i have to say about your list is point 8. You were trying to kill a group boss... hence why you cant solo? (i explained to you ingame it was a group boss?)

/ReVulcan

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
in response to ur last comment , thats a valid point , but even in the boss lands i had the same problem , which is a little annoying when the only bosses i could kill without my hero are the ones in the kings rooms lol , at rb4 lvl 180, which could also be killed by people under rb1 and roughly lvl 100+ ,from that standpoint , they do need to be looked at , and possibly their ac or amc lowered , but maybe their dc put up , to compensate ...

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
in response to ur last comment , thats a valid point , but even in the boss lands i had the same problem , which is a little annoying when the only bosses i could kill without my hero are the ones in the kings rooms lol , at rb4 lvl 180, which could also be killed by people under rb1 and roughly lvl 100+ ,from that standpoint , they do need to be looked at , and possibly their ac or amc lowered , but maybe their dc put up , to compensate ...

hmm. ill have a lookie in bosslands n see whats going on. might just be a case of too much amc

/ReVulcan

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Only suggestion I have is people who were above RB5 should get gold plated mobs for pets...... lol

The main thing in game that 'annoyed' me.... (not really annoyed but you know what I mean' was the kits.

Below figures are rough examples to make the point.
130 Kit gave 50-200 AC and 200-350 DC.
140 Kit gave 58-210 AC and 210-360 DC.
150 Kit gave 63-215 AC and 218-368 DC

There was more or less no point in the newer kits, as theoretically they were 1-3% more powerful.

With the upgrades as well (which I would suggest removing entirely, unless you can limit it to 1 upgrade per item or whatever), the 130 Kit that was maxed would be better (miles, miles better) than even the rebirth kit at 180-200.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Only suggestion I have is people who were above RB5 should get gold plated mobs for pets...... lol

The main thing in game that 'annoyed' me.... (not really annoyed but you know what I mean' was the kits.

Below figures are rough examples to make the point.
130 Kit gave 50-200 AC and 200-350 DC.
140 Kit gave 58-210 AC and 210-360 DC.
150 Kit gave 63-215 AC and 218-368 DC

There was more or less no point in the newer kits, as theoretically they were 1-3% more powerful.

With the upgrades as well (which I would suggest removing entirely, unless you can limit it to 1 upgrade per item or whatever), the 130 Kit that was maxed would be better (miles, miles better) than even the rebirth kit at 180-200.

Thanks wargod, I'll be redoing all the item stats to match the rate of the server (High)

P.S The gold plated pets could be done

/ReVulcan

TheUnknownFury

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2015
you know what just wipe it cause im getting bored now just playing xbox all my by self and not playing any mir's atm :)

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
you know what just wipe it cause im getting bored now just playing xbox all my by self and not playing any mir's atm :)

The point of this isnt just to Wipe everything, It's to get some well needed feedback and improve the server so its more suited for the players and not just the GM's who made it

/ReVulcan

TheUnknownFury

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2015
You can adjust the lvling caves exp tables as its a high rate and in bossland you should take out some renegadeslave cause its packed and you should add another bosslands with all the low boss like woomataraus and name the bosslands eg.HighBosslands and LowBOssLands and MedBossLands

baronowski

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2004
wipe start again and make it so ppl have to use hp pots as i mentioned in game by redoing the ac/amc stats on kit

bambi77

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2014
Wales
also taos on a hero server (do not) act as a support class no more they are indervidual but i did explain this and ur ripped my head off which as a tao player dissapointed me that u do not understand this

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
also taos on a hero server (do not) act as a support class no more they are indervidual but i did explain this and ur ripped my head off which as a tao player dissapointed me that u do not understand this

GM preference tbh. but ill have a chat with the others about making them more of a solo class

/ReVulcan

fwarr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 25, 2006
Just a few updates on the changes that have happened :
New login interface & interface in game.
2vt8klt.jpg

Also on a server side :
New story line quests, allowing you to travel the province of "Renegade" These will unlock new unique features depending what town you're currently up too.
Kits being re balanced
Several new caves & some old ones.
Subclass & Reincarnation for players who have completed the rebirth challenges & some more ^_^

/Luke

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Just a few updates on the changes that have happened :
New login interface & interface in game.
2vt8klt.jpg

Also on a server side :
New story line quests, allowing you to travel the province of "Renegade" These will unlock new unique features depending what town you're currently up too.
Kits being re balanced
Several new caves & some old ones.
Subclass & Reincarnation for players who have completed the rebirth challenges & some more ^_^

/Luke

Looking very nice indeed. Ive got some screenshots of the login gate but will post those more later into the future because its a work in progress

/ReVulcan