Release Hundreds of Spell Icons

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Done a pretty quick search to find some new graphics and came across crap tones of spell icons, not sure if anyone will use them but ill put them here anyways

Here

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Done a pretty quick search to find some new graphics and came across crap tones of spell icons, not sure if anyone will use them but ill put them here anyways

Here

Did you just create a post with a link to a Google search for 'spell graphics' claiming you had found some spell icons to use? :S

You should note that these are usually licensed. So be careful.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
yes i did... im just trying to make people know that they can mix up their files cause theyre all the same (as in they all have the same icons for the same spells for the same classes etc) + with the new archer i thought people could spice up their clients and make it more interesting

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
You do realise...... oh nevermind

lol

I actually start to think the same thing when I looking for content ideas to create for my little projects... then I think to myself wait I'm working on mir2 almost everything is "borrowed" :p

actually some of the new things I'm creating are actually my own custom content... which is the direction I want to head by uploading less and less converted content and releasing more custom content... if I replaced everything is it still Mir though?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Releases are usually something you can download and whack into some server files.

Not a google search....

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
55587474.jpg

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
How is this a release XD

You do realise...... oh nevermind

Using very newly created images, which have licensing splattered all over them is hardly the same as using these source files IMO. There have been Mir servers run for years (and years) without issue, so I feel kinda confident ish using them. Recently had to settle with an artist as I used one of his images on an electrical site I made for a friend. It was a vague lighting image, found on Google. He tracked that bastard almost immediately somehow.

Just saying... extra caution never hurt anyone.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Using very newly created images, which have licensing splattered all over them is hardly the same as using these source files IMO. There have been Mir servers run for years (and years) without issue, so I feel kinda confident ish using them. Recently had to settle with an artist as I used one of his images on an electrical site I made for a friend. It was a vague lighting image, found on Google. He tracked that bastard almost immediately somehow.

Just saying... extra caution never hurt anyone.
And you joined in Mid 2013, There's been a lot of grief about hosting a mir server over the past 12years.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
And you joined in Mid 2013, There's been a lot of grief about hosting a mir server over the past 12years.

Indeed lol.

Didn't WeMade stalk this forum a while back, sending formal letters demanding the shut down of some servers? lol

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Aye, I was born in 2013 too. Didn't know Mir or this forum existed before then.

Sarcasm aside, I think I actually had an account before that point, but lost the details and access to the email address. I did spend years away though, and to your credit I didn't really know about the cease and desist push from the file owners.